Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: (ISG) Divine Malevolence [Tree House of the Ninja]  (Read 18238 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Divine Malevolence [Help Menu]
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2013, 02:50:15 pm »

Snoop more. Try to steal Plans again.
Which Plans?

If you mean Magicface's Plans, they're not there anymore. Which is to say, Magicface is somewhere different than he was last time, and since he doesn't have a permanent residence, that means his Plans are over there too.

Where does that blast of light go? Does it go anywhere interesting? Perhaps we can tail it and figure more stuff out.
Upwise, no, it just trails off into nothingness.

Downwise, yes, it leads to something very interesting.

Wait till one is alone creating something, then bonk him on the head when he isn't looking.  Screw up the creation process and all.
Problem: You're guessing their actual creations will be done collectively. They might be able to do modifications to their creations on their own, you're not sure.

Okay, seriously, what can we do that won't fail?

We've tried making our own stuff. We're too weak.
We've tried taking their stuff. They're too well-guarded.
We've tried sneaking past them. They notice.
We've tried getting them on our side. They hate us for no reason.
We've tried finding other people. You said "No."

This is true.
Actually, the bigger issue here is that they don't have anything to steal yet. Of the two times you tried to snag Plans, one succeeded and the other got very unlucky.
Eventually and when you get unlucky, yeah. You had no trouble eavesdropping on a lot of conversation prior to getting found out, even with all of them clustered together.
No, you've tried asking them why they're not on your side already. Also, no reason at all?
Pretty much.

Well, the dumbs must get on the other side of their stupid butt shield to build stuff, right? So the next time somebody goes over that way, spy on how they get inside!
Hey yeah, there's gotta be-

!

Of course! They're creating something right now, so they'd have to either get through or disable or open up the shield somehow. Obviously they've gone for the third option.

@GWG: Obviously we need to take some insane sixth option.

Change what you look like, try to fool them into thinking you're someone else. Acquire British accent.
This. It's about the best option we have.

You say, ol' chap, your form is a reflection of yourself. You can't just change it to look like someone else because you're not someone else. Ol' bean.

...that doesn't even look like a monocle, does it?

Hmm. In that case ...

Disguise self as lost child being. Ask to come in to their lair or whatever.

So now we're Lumpy Space Princess? I can dig it. +1

Thinksadthoughts thinksadthoughts thinksadthoughts

Also they're still doing things. Even from this distance, you're pretty sure that's life they're creating.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Divine Malevolence [Theatre]
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2013, 02:54:09 pm »

Sneak in low and slow over the edge of the split dome, then sneak up to the green.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2013, 03:01:41 pm »

While they're busy doing dumb things, sneak beyond open shield like so:

Sneak in low and slow over the edge of the split dome, then sneak up to the green.

... and surreptitiously hide underneath asteroid-thing.

When they shut the shield again, then either the plan worked or they caught on and imprisoned you in a sphere forever with no chance of escape.

Either way, your situation hasn't gotten worse!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2013, 03:51:53 pm »

When they shut the shield again, then either the plan worked or they caught on and imprisoned you in a sphere forever with no chance of escape.

+1

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2013, 03:53:30 pm »

+1
+1

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Divine Malevolence [Help Menu]
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2013, 04:12:16 pm »

Actually, the bigger issue here is that they don't have anything to steal yet. Of the two times you tried to snag Plans, one succeeded and the other got very unlucky.
Eventually and when you get unlucky, yeah. You had no trouble eavesdropping on a lot of conversation prior to getting found out, even with all of them clustered together.
I note that we seem to get unlucky with fair regularity...

No, you've tried asking them why they're not on your side already. Also, no reason at all?
We did? and None that I can see.

+1
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2013, 06:10:07 pm »

I note that we seem to get unlucky with fair regularity...

We did? and None that I can see.
I'm not sure 2 for 2 is enough to count as "regular."
The only attempt I recall was a very brief one followed by calling them noobs and leaving.
I believe they mentioned at least two reasons the one time you asked them about it.

+1
+1

Hehehehehehehehehe

Hohohohohohohohoho

Mwahahahahahahahaha
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2013, 06:13:21 pm »

Stop that laughing! They'll hear us!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Divine Malevolence [Very Funny]
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2013, 07:01:22 pm »

Determine how omniscient we are.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2013, 07:01:50 pm »

(Almost nothing.)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2013, 07:26:03 pm »

Dig a little hideout in the bottom of the island.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2013, 07:38:26 pm »

Yes, dig a hideout! Maybe think of a way we can get to it from outside the shields, like an ability to warp there.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2013, 08:44:48 pm »

d'awww we're adorable in our mischief.

Build a treehouse! But, like, it's on the bottom of the world instead of in a tree. But it'll be OURS so nuts to the other butts even if they notice us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2013, 08:55:38 pm »

((We accidentally chased off Goldie's girlfriend and "have terrible ideas," how horrible.

And 100% of the time, which "two for two" is, is actually pretty regular. Especially when you consider less major bits of bad luck...))

Be quiet and look around to see if anyone is around.
Also determine what's there.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2013, 03:24:43 am »

Stop that laughing! They'll hear us!

Oh yeah!

Well... compared to what? You can see kinda far in the void...

Dig a little hideout in the bottom of the island.
Yes, dig a hideout! Maybe think of a way we can get to it from outside the shields, like an ability to warp there.
d'awww we're adorable in our mischief.

Build a treehouse! But, like, it's on the bottom of the world instead of in a tree. But it'll be OURS so nuts to the other butts even if they notice us.

It's a bit small, but it burrows back into the bottom a bit. And besides, treehouses aren't supposed to be very big, are they?

((We accidentally chased off Goldie's girlfriend and "have terrible ideas," how horrible.

And 100% of the time, which "two for two" is, is actually pretty regular. Especially when you consider less major bits of bad luck...))

Be quiet and look around to see if anyone is around.
Also determine what's there.
You see the shield and the bottom of the land. Nothing else is visible from your current position.

You get the feeling the others are still focusing on their life ball. See? You're... kind of omniscient-ish regarding really major energy sources focused directly above the thing you're burrowed into.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10