Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 258947 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #210 on: May 09, 2013, 07:45:59 am »

Confirmed in 2 saves. When you release from jail in 4.07.1a, LCS members are not released. tried both releasing their floor and all floors in both cases. Also tried releasing oppressed. LCS members in jail are ignored.The message won't show. (The real jail, not the cells in police or court)Also the bug with enlightened who can recruit is visual. It says 0/0 recruits instead of can't recruit, but it stays 0/0 even with 600 juice.
I have this issue too. It probably happens because the jailing code doesn't specify which prison.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2013, 12:57:32 pm »

Also the bug with enlightened who can recruit is visual. It says 0/0 recruits instead of can't recruit, but it stays 0/0 even with 600 juice.

In my experience, conservatives you brainwash fast enough that nobody notices the kidnapping say "Enlightened can't recruit", and the ones that are wanted for rehabilitation say 0/0.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2013, 02:05:29 pm »

Getting a bit off topic but still related to this release, I was going ahead and testing the assassination of the CCS Bosses. The Bar and Grill one was really easy, my sleeper got me past the guards and I stealthed my guy over to the Boss and killed him, no problem at all. So then I moved on to the Fallout Shelter. I had used seduction to get the location, but didn't grab the guy as a sleeper, just got the location and broke off the dating. Because of this, I couldn't get past the door. I didn't test it, but would you need 2 stealth guys to be able to get past the entrance undetected? There's always 2 door guards, so if you stabbed one of them, the other would see and you'd go to alarmed state. Since there's no other entrances, would the only way to assassinate the boss then be to have 2 stealth liberals? In any case, I feel that there should be some secondary way in, like maybe a back entrance with only 1 guard but a high-security door that's tough to open, just so that it's somewhat plausible to do one-man-army assassinations.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2013, 02:27:42 pm »

Is it possible to drop pickup lines to the guards?

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2013, 02:53:17 pm »

Is it possible to drop pickup lines to the guards?

Only 1, I tried that and it worked once actually, then it wouldn't let me drop a second line to pull of the second guard. Regardless, I'm not sure if I could stealth stab him at that point, since they're aware of your presence.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 09, 2013, 02:59:39 pm »

Yes, overhauling how crimes are tracked isn't terribly glamorous, and is fairly complicated, so it's the type of thing that I'm less likely to work on in favor of other shiny features. Making stealth kills not show up as crimes (or give you heat) is a one line change, however, so I'll do that now and it will show up next release.

Edit: I'll take the assault charge off of successful sneak attacks as well, since it'd be weird to have one and not the other.

After stabbing some people myself, I'd suggest putting the murder charges back. Right now, it basically feels like cheating. :| Despite the LCS taking the credit, no one manages to pin the murders on my stabber. Evading the police with a one-man squad is easy, anyway. Especially a stealthy one-man squad. Even if the cops raid you, you can just sneak past them and slip away.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2013, 03:02:51 pm »

Pah, who needs stabbing when you have 6 agents armed with machineguns.

Only 1, I tried that and it worked once actually, then it wouldn't let me drop a second line to pull of the second guard. Regardless, I'm not sure if I could stealth stab him at that point, since they're aware of your presence.
Could you then seduce/brainwash the dated guard and get them to let you in?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2013, 03:23:00 pm »

Pah, who needs stabbing when you have 6 agents armed with machineguns.

Could you then seduce/brainwash the dated guard and get them to let you in?
Yep.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2013, 05:05:21 pm »

Getting a bit off topic but still related to this release, I was going ahead and testing the assassination of the CCS Bosses. The Bar and Grill one was really easy, my sleeper got me past the guards and I stealthed my guy over to the Boss and killed him, no problem at all. So then I moved on to the Fallout Shelter. I had used seduction to get the location, but didn't grab the guy as a sleeper, just got the location and broke off the dating. Because of this, I couldn't get past the door. I didn't test it, but would you need 2 stealth guys to be able to get past the entrance undetected? There's always 2 door guards, so if you stabbed one of them, the other would see and you'd go to alarmed state. Since there's no other entrances, would the only way to assassinate the boss then be to have 2 stealth liberals? In any case, I feel that there should be some secondary way in, like maybe a back entrance with only 1 guard but a high-security door that's tough to open, just so that it's somewhat plausible to do one-man-army assassinations.
I think Fox changed it so you can get past the B&G bouncers without a sleeper; the latter two locations are completely nonpublic, though.  As such I know I didn't make a back door, and haven't gotten that far in my playthroughs to check on the new maps.

(Guard/Bouncer positions always have two people in the current coding--unless the alarm's going off already, at which point they're unstaffed.)

I know I've been able to drop lines to generic Conservative encounters and subsequently fade into the shadows.  Perhaps leaving the encounter and coming back might leave the lone guard and set up a backstab?

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2013, 06:18:42 pm »

I think Fox changed it so you can get past the B&G bouncers without a sleeper; the latter two locations are completely nonpublic, though.  As such I know I didn't make a back door, and haven't gotten that far in my playthroughs to check on the new maps.

(Guard/Bouncer positions always have two people in the current coding--unless the alarm's going off already, at which point they're unstaffed.)

I know I've been able to drop lines to generic Conservative encounters and subsequently fade into the shadows.  Perhaps leaving the encounter and coming back might leave the lone guard and set up a backstab?

I just realized... even if you backstab the guards, you'd probably set the alarm off before you get to the boss, since people will find the body and set off the alarm after X amount of time. So it seems REALLY implausible to assassinate Bosses anywhere that you don't have Sleepers. Maybe make some change to make it plausible? I like the system, but it seems impossible to do assassinations without Sleepers...

Also, bug that I noticed in this non-SVN version (not sure if fixed yet): Got sleeper for Bar and Grill, attacked it, sleeper gets outed from the attack. Now have no sleeper there. Go into the site with combat squad again, "Go right on through", the door guards acted as if I still had the sleeper active. Weird.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 06:20:46 pm by BoxOfAids »

seth--

• Bay Watcher
  • We need a slogan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2013, 07:21:48 pm »

I don't think that is a bug. Banks keep high security for a very, very long time.
It happened only once

It didn't happened in the other two banks or in the same one after the security went back to normal, sounds like a bug to me
I am confused are you saying you changed the kidnapping so it is less... Saw?
Did Saw consist of you beating them then yelling Ronald Reagan in their face?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 10, 2013, 07:55:24 am »

I just realized... even if you backstab the guards, you'd probably set the alarm off before you get to the boss, since people will find the body and set off the alarm after X amount of time. So it seems REALLY implausible to assassinate Bosses anywhere that you don't have Sleepers. Maybe make some change to make it plausible? I like the system, but it seems impossible to do assassinations without Sleepers...

Also, bug that I noticed in this non-SVN version (not sure if fixed yet): Got sleeper for Bar and Grill, attacked it, sleeper gets outed from the attack. Now have no sleeper there. Go into the site with combat squad again, "Go right on through", the door guards acted as if I still had the sleeper active. Weird.
It should be possible for a high-level sleeper to assassinate people. Maybe around 95-100 percent would work.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 10, 2013, 02:53:36 pm »

They would also need stealth skills of course. or there is a chance of being caught

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2013, 09:10:52 pm »

Hello!

I've just re-read the interrogation code, and I was wondering if I understood it well.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:16:06 pm by Elodie Hiras »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2013, 09:57:30 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27