Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 258721 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2013, 10:07:27 pm »

2009 was a very positive year.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2013, 10:09:46 pm »

I blame the confusion surrounding prop 442

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 11, 2013, 10:16:54 pm »

I blame the media blamers.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 12, 2013, 06:34:30 am »

Talking about politics, I always thought LCS needs a real act title generator. So instead of "End Undue Union Influence", it'd say "H.R. 337: Job Creator* Rights Expansion Act of 20XX" or something like that. Or, when prisons go from C+ to C, "H.R. 314: Repeal the Prison Labor Act of (whenever prisons became C+)".

The Supreme Court would instead list "this case would [declare the Prison Labor Act unconstitutional]" or something similar.

*Arch-Conservative for "big corporation"

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 12, 2013, 11:06:37 am »

I think the seduction skill could be looked at. Ive been trailing along a Deathsquad Officer for over two years, and since then the police regulation and death penalty laws have become C, so they don't even exist anymore.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 12, 2013, 12:36:49 pm »

I think the seduction skill could be looked at. Ive been trailing along a Deathsquad Officer for over two years, and since then the police regulation and death penalty laws have become C, so they don't even exist anymore.

Yeah, seduction is a little off in general. Regular people are incredibly easy to seduce, even Police Officers aren't that bad. But high level Conservatives? Forget it. I recently spent about 3 in-game months trying to get a CCS sleeper, had to go through about 12 different guys to finally get one with my 20 CHA and 17 seduction founder with 3+ business/science and a bit of religion, plus some of the common skills like driving and such that the CCS guys tend to have (so I get better rolls on the dates), all while spending money on every date. A large portion of the time, they would drop me on the first date. With 17 seduction. Some of these formulae really need some changing, maybe rebalancing like making it easier to seduce but it costs more money/takes more time.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:38:55 pm by BoxOfAids »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 12, 2013, 01:10:51 pm »

Yeah, seduction is a little off in general. Regular people are incredibly easy to seduce, even Police Officers aren't that bad. But high level Conservatives? Forget it. I recently spent about 3 in-game months trying to get a CCS sleeper, had to go through about 12 different guys to finally get one with my 20 CHA and 17 seduction founder with 3+ business/science and a bit of religion, plus some of the common skills like driving and such that the CCS guys tend to have (so I get better rolls on the dates), all while spending money on every date. A large portion of the time, they would drop me on the first date. With 17 seduction. Some of these formulae really need some changing, maybe rebalancing like making it easier to seduce but it costs more money/takes more time.
You should also cross-train into persuasion and psych. Also, get your founder up to 1000 juice, and max out seduction.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 12, 2013, 01:19:50 pm »

You should also cross-train into persuasion and psych. Also, get your founder up to 1000 juice, and max out seduction.

Persuasion was at least 13, Psych probably 1-2 points. Was at... I think 500 juice. But still, the point is here that you can have ridiculously high seduction-related stats and still have a hell of a time seducing. I suppose it might make the game too easy if it wasn't as hard, but it's such a big grind as it is now...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:22:04 pm by BoxOfAids »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 12, 2013, 04:08:13 pm »

Seduction is a great way to kidnap conservatives.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 12, 2013, 04:40:07 pm »

I think seducing high-level conservatives SHOULD be insanely difficult. It gives you a powerful sleeper with high heart and the ability to recruit more members. If you want semi-reliable results in a reasonable amount of time, you have to kidnap and brainwash. Or use a guitar squad. Nothing can stand before the power of ROCK.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2013, 06:24:24 am »

Hey, just wanted to point to my own suggestions (I made a new thread, I actually wasn't aware of the suggestions being placed here)

It involves adding some improvements to the prison system, so it's a little more interactive.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124917.0

Thanks for all the support to this little gem (Or horrible POS, depending), I'm glad I found out about it

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2013, 03:36:14 pm »

I think I've found a bug, as one of my liberals cannot bring seduced people to dates. The seduction itself works, but only the leader gets to the date menu at the end of the day. Here's the save, in case it helps: http://www.sendspace.com/file/d1kcxt

Also, when I move wanted liberals away from a safehouse before a siege while leaving innocent liberals there, I get sieged "for finding a bug".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2013, 10:56:11 am »

How do you move all of your items into one base?  I've done it twice accidentally but both times into the wrong place

e: It seems that exclamation mark moves everything to base 1 while hash key moves everything to base 3.  Can't find the key for base 2.

e2: Ah, it's ~.  Should have known.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:01:20 am by Leafsnail »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2013, 02:17:11 am »

Could someone help me out with a future DFBT bit? I was thinking of recording the LCS 'breaking into' my recording and commandeering it, but my voice isn't good for that.. Would anyone like to volunteer?
*Waves AA-12 Shotgun*
Speaking of which, are AA shotguns the new M249? The almost-unobtainable superweapon? 'Cause right now, my army of Child Laborers with ceramic armor and M249s can decimate anything. Maybe they need a nerf.
Which brings me to my next point: Fundraising is too easy. We need either taxes and tax exempt status, possibly including Conservatives doing what Real Life Liberals are doing right now (using the IRS to withhold tax exempt status from opposing groups), or an option at the start to nerf fundraising.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:59:18 am by tahujdt »
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2013, 11:45:38 am »

Kinda important bug on 4.07.2, you can't put up a business front.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27