Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 256881 times)

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2013, 05:07:34 pm »

Could someone help me out with a future DFBT bit? I was thinking of recording the LCS 'breaking into' my recording and commandeering it, but my voice isn't good for that.. Would anyone like to volunteer?
*Waves AA-12 Shotgun*
Speaking of which, are AA shotguns the new M249? The almost-unobtainable superweapon? 'Cause right now, my army of Child Laborers with ceramic armor and M249s can decimate anything. Maybe they need a nerf.
Which brings me to my next point: Fundraising is too easy. We need either taxes and tax exempt status, possibly including Conservatives doing what Real Life Liberals are doing right now (using the IRS to withhold tax exempt status from opposing groups), or an option at the start to nerf fundraising.

AA-12s are unobtainable only because I haven't gotten it together and spread the Armory love--thinking the Bunker at least ought to be raidable for a spare & for ammo.  I've been meaning to get a compiler & HOWTO C++ so I can fix Armories & Vaults for a while now.

(That said, AA-12s should be available in the Department Store under C+ Gun Control for 10 times as much as its predecessor, same as any other high-powered weapon...hmm.)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 21, 2013, 05:14:15 pm »

You can get AA12s from CCS leaders. I think that there should be some things you cannot buy, to make it more interesting.

Which is better, an M16 or an AA-12?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 21, 2013, 06:57:53 pm »

You can get AA12s from CCS leaders. I think that there should be some things you cannot buy, to make it more interesting.

AA-12 is just like a shotgun, it doesn't fare too well against armored opponents but absolutely obliterates unarmored ones

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 21, 2013, 07:00:36 pm »

Doesn't its ability to shoot slugs automatically enable it to break body armor?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 21, 2013, 07:49:48 pm »

AA-12 is just like a shotgun, it doesn't fare too well against armored opponents but absolutely obliterates unarmored ones
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 21, 2013, 09:24:01 pm »

There are precisely 3 CCS leaders in the game; I presume they all carry a full load of magazines.  Even if none of them gets a shot off, that's still only 30 mags total; 8 rds/mag, 2 rds/attack, so 4 attacks per mag.  Maximum of 120 AA-12 discharges available for the LCS if AA-12 ammunition (even without the guns to go with) isn't purchasable.  I'm not sure how that's particularly interesting.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 21, 2013, 09:27:20 pm »

There are precisely 3 CCS leaders in the game; I presume they all carry a full load of magazines.  Even if none of them gets a shot off, that's still only 30 mags total; 8 rds/mag, 2 rds/attack, so 4 attacks per mag.  Maximum of 120 AA-12 discharges available for the LCS if AA-12 ammunition (even without the guns to go with) isn't purchasable.  I'm not sure how that's particularly interesting.
CCS squad leaders carry them, too, and there are a least a couple of those per siege.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 26, 2013, 01:47:27 am »

On the tropic of the lack of stat caps and the inevitable ensuing 21 charisma:

Quote from: Alexor
Hamstone:  So sexy you violate fundamental constants of the universe.

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 26, 2013, 07:49:29 am »

On the tropic of the lack of stat caps and the inevitable ensuing 21 charisma:

Quote from: Alexor
Hamstone:  So sexy you violate fundamental constants of the universe.

Someone with 21 Charisma would probably be able to run for President as an independent and still get a majority.

fr0z3d

• Bay Watcher
  • /tmp/fr0z3d.log
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 26, 2013, 07:53:50 am »

Think I found a bug, I'll try to be as specific as I can:

I sent the second member of my main squad into a seven days vacation with a police officer; this squad only has 2 members, the other one was in the hospital for another month. My hackers do something the same day the member comes back from vacation. I get the "Your Hackers have ..." then the game segfaults after that.

I would upload my save file, but I actually deleted it before thinking in reporting the bug lol
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 02:43:31 pm by fr0z3d »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2013, 12:48:48 pm »

My 21 charisma character still can't recruit that pesky CEO.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 26, 2013, 01:25:18 pm »

Well, you have to beat a superheroic persuasion check to do that, which, even with 7d6, is hard to do reliably.

RustKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 04, 2013, 01:18:13 am »

I'm curios, is Fox still going with LCS as a priority? or is it more like a side project?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 04, 2013, 03:02:11 pm »

Check National LCS board, he is indeed working on it and releases patches every few days

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #254 on: June 05, 2013, 05:04:24 am »

Check National LCS board, he is indeed working on it and releases patches every few days

It's been a couple weeks since I've done really good work on the game, but I've been meaning to spend more time on it. The National LCS thread's side releases are temporary, and will be folded into the main release once I'm confident that the rather dramatic changes in that version are properly stable and optional. It seems to be pretty close right now; the last version added an option to enable or disable multiple city play.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27