Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 256661 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 10:22:55 pm »

How annoying would it be to get this thing to run on  mac?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2013, 10:44:06 pm »

I agree the short version is clearly better, I was trying to find what caused the bug but couldn't really see it as I assumed both operators had the same priority

I had to look up the && vs || priority myself before posting -- I remembered back from my early programming courses (which were taught in C++, lucky me?) that they have different priority, but I can never keep them straight. That sort of logic should always have explicit grouping, since many programmers won't intuit the priority between them; it really was a mistake on my part to leave off the parentheses, not just because it caused the code to break.

Edit: Also, it is by no means wrong to revert a change to see that a commit is what created the bug. You didn't do anything wrong, I just wanted to make sure my clean code baby wasn't thrown out with the bathwater.
fix is in the repo

Thank you! I feel bad that you fixed a bug I introduced in just code cleanup, but I appreciate that you did it.

Well, not sure if it's a bug or I'm not understanding the mechanic, but whenever I perform a successful sneak attack, it still immediately trips the alarm.

It's possible it's a bug -- I had this happen once in testing, but wasn't able to reproduce it. What sort of enemy are you attacking? I'm wondering if your opponent had body armor, you got him down to near death, and he bled out and died immediately.
happens every time for me, I tried to use a dagger, and a combat knife, tried withitout knife skill, and with. it seems to occur every time I only have 1 operative. to clarify: when I have more people sneaking, it's fine (no alarm).

Thanks, I should be able to find the bug if it happens consistently with single Liberal squads. I don't see why that would happen off hand, but it gives a good place to start.

How annoying would it be to get this thing to run on  mac?

It has been done before. I did it myself a couple times, many years back, with an earlier version of the game.

I believe you can follow the Linux instructions to get the game to run on a Mac. The primary annoying thing about it is that one does not buy a Mac in order to muck about on the command line running make files, so Mac users are significantly less likely than Linux users to know what they're doing. Also, it's somewhat uncharted territory, which makes the game's already shoddy forum-based tech support even worse. If you do go for it, let me know how it goes.

Knez

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 01:45:29 am »

Hello. Something is wrong with my game. It's right before the election and if I don't post the secret documents in the newspaper, then the game will crash between the house elections and voting on issues.

I don't know how to reproduce it but here is the save file (you have to rename it back to save.dat). Just [W]ait for the next day and don't publish the special edition of the guardian and it will crash after the house elections. Strangely if you do publish the secret documents it works normally.
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/414221/save-dat.html

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2013, 02:56:15 am »

People you date have names now, but if that person happens to be conservative and you kidnap them, they get a different name once they become your hostage.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

seth--

• Bay Watcher
  • We need a slogan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2013, 03:11:55 am »

People you date have names now, but if that person happens to be conservative and you kidnap them, they get a different name once they become your hostage.
They can't use their CONSERVATIVE name while on a LIBERAL location.

Or maybe it's a bug.
I am confused are you saying you changed the kidnapping so it is less... Saw?
Did Saw consist of you beating them then yelling Ronald Reagan in their face?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2013, 12:18:59 pm »

Haven't got a chance to test this yet, but it looks great! A suggestion: Swords, or at least katanas, should be able to sneak attack as well.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2013, 01:14:45 pm »

Haven't got a chance to test this yet, but it looks great! A suggestion: Swords, or at least katanas, should be able to sneak attack as well.
+1. All melee waepons should sneak attack, but with penalties for size (it's lot easier to backstab a person with a knife, then to suddenly hit them with a sledge hammer)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Come play Ventures by Torchlight with us!

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2013, 02:20:26 pm »

Piano wire could be a cool sneak attack weapon, maybe rope to.
Green Warrior sneaks up behind Teenager with Piano Wire.
He strangles Teenager to death with anybody noticing!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2013, 07:14:29 pm »

Green Warrior puts on Teenager's clothes
He is disguised

tenmillimaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2013, 07:29:46 pm »

Green Warrior puts on Teenager's skin
No one will ever know.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2013, 07:31:23 pm »

Green Warrior looks afraid.
This has gotten very out of hand!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2013, 08:31:47 pm »

Green Warrior has lost Juice.
Green Warrior has killed a Liberal!

EDIT: On a technicality, should stealth murders not be seen by justice?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:35:24 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2013, 09:24:30 pm »

Well, if you want all melee weapons to be able to stealth attack, just add the <can_backstab>true</can_backstab> to a weapon's entry.

Theoretically this can work with guns as well, so adding thing like silenced pistols is possible.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2013, 06:30:33 am »

Well, if you want all melee weapons to be able to stealth attack, just add the <can_backstab>true</can_backstab> to a weapon's entry.
Minigun backstabs? I'm in!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2013, 10:49:48 am »

it does work all it need is different text, so you don't stab people with guns.

is it possible to have the game use second attack first if it is stealthy?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27