Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 258887 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2013, 12:40:02 pm »

it does work all it need is different text, so you don't stab people with guns.
True. We need not to stab them, but stealthily blow them up with rocket lawnchairs!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2013, 02:08:12 pm »

Found another little oddity. If you get caught by the police selling brownies, the message 'As you exit the site you notice you are being followed by conservative swine!' appears before the chase scene, as if you were leaving a raid.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2013, 05:00:57 pm »

That's weird. Assassinating the CEO and the CCS lieutenant seems to work just fine. Regular people, however, always seem to trip the alarm.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2013, 06:15:05 pm »

Found the bug with inconsistent alarm for sneak attacks. The actual reproduce pattern was so obscure that it was essentially random, but the essence of it is that Conservatives not in the current encounter are able to notice you. We'll chalk the current inconsistency of it up to security cameras!

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2013, 06:24:35 pm »

Found the bug with inconsistent alarm for sneak attacks. The actual reproduce pattern was so obscure that it was essentially random, but the essence of it is that Conservatives not in the current encounter are able to notice you. We'll chalk the current inconsistency of it up to security cameras!

Is that update on the SVN, or are you going to put out a new version with bugfixes and such soon? Basically just asking how I get the unbugged version  :)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2013, 06:41:35 pm »

Is that update on the SVN, or are you going to put out a new version with bugfixes and such soon? Basically just asking how I get the unbugged version  :)

Timeline for release is to be determined. I currently have my code entangled with incomplete national LCS stuff, so I haven't committed the fix to SVN. Nonetheless, the next release, when it comes, should have this fix included.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2013, 06:48:54 pm »

Timeline for release is to be determined. I currently have my code entangled with incomplete national LCS stuff, so I haven't committed the fix to SVN. Nonetheless, the next release, when it comes, should have this fix included.

Ah, will wait on it then!

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2013, 07:08:26 pm »

Okay, how strong exactly is leather armor? A police officer just blasted me in the chest with a shotgun to no effect.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2013, 07:42:54 pm »

Okay, how strong exactly is leather armor? A police officer just blasted me in the chest with a shotgun to no effect.

Pretty weak; it's worse than civilian body armor, though it covers your arms and legs as well. Shotguns are the best case scenario for any sort of armor, however.

Equinox

• Bay Watcher
  • The end is near for us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2013, 08:00:46 pm »

Just wondering, is it going to be possible to have a mask and some sort of armour in the future? For at current it looks like it's either die with style, or take a few more shots but die in an unstyled heap.

Edit: maybe something along the lines of if you're wearing a mask when you commit a crime, there's a 25 or 50% chance to not get caught (so it would basically be negated), this could easily make up for not having the ability to wear body armour as well.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:05:35 pm by Equinox »
"They say the flapping wings of a single butterfly can stir a wind on the other side of the world. Ever wonder what impact your little bat wings have on this world?"

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2013, 01:08:48 am »

Found another little oddity. If you get caught by the police selling brownies, the message 'As you exit the site you notice you are being followed by conservative swine!' appears before the chase scene, as if you were leaving a raid.
I recall seeing this in 4.6.7 too, come to think of it.  Didn't seem terribly important at the time, sorry.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2013, 01:13:33 am »

I recall seeing this in 4.6.7 too, come to think of it.  Didn't seem terribly important at the time, sorry.

Me too. I vaguely recall investigating it, but don't remember the outcome of the investigation.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2013, 01:22:59 am »

Me too. I vaguely recall investigating it, but don't remember the outcome of the investigation.
I doubt it's worth bothering to fix. We can just assume that your liberal was at a site selling brownies, and the police are watching him and approach him when he leaves.

Also, a n00bish moment for me. Back when I started playing LCS, I saw the sell brownies option and I thought, "hey, a bake sale would be easy for money!" And then my liberal got arrested. I was wondering why, and figured that the Conservatives were making anything a crime so they could arrest me. Then I found the feature that lets you see a description of the job.

"Oooooohhhhh, that kind of brownies."
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2013, 01:31:36 am »

"Oooooohhhhh, that kind of brownies."

I know, it took me a while to realize they were made with Betty Crocker™ mix.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2013, 02:38:29 am »

A thought about AA guns; maybe we should be able to assign a liberal to man them, using the Heavy Weaponry skill.
Also, how about static weapons? I want my compound to be Branch-Davidian level.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27