Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 256894 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2013, 02:42:51 am »

Also, a n00bish moment for me. Back when I started playing LCS, I saw the sell brownies option and I thought, "hey, a bake sale would be easy for money!" And then my liberal got arrested. I was wondering why, and figured that the Conservatives were making anything a crime so they could arrest me. Then I found the feature that lets you see a description of the job.

"Oooooohhhhh, that kind of brownies."

Back in the day:

1. There weren't any descriptions or help for activities.
2. There weren't any categories on the activation screen, so it wasn't even listed under "Illegal Fundraising".
3. After police arrested your Liberals, they were simply charged with "selling brownies".

You can imagine the confusion this caused.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2013, 02:50:30 am »

I don't need to.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2013, 04:50:57 am »

I'm having some trouble compiling the latest source code. The new location class defines some new functions (such as part_of_justice_system and findparent), but I can't seem to find where these are actually implemented.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2013, 05:02:06 am »

I'm having some trouble compiling the latest source code. The new location class defines some new functions (such as part_of_justice_system and findparent), but I can't seem to find where these are actually implemented.

Should be in title/locations.cpp. Are you compiling on Windows or Linux? I added it to the makefile, so in theory the Linux build should be working fine, but I may have improperly updated the Visual Studio Project. You'd then have to add the file to the project to make sure the compiler can "see" it.

seth--

• Bay Watcher
  • We need a slogan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2013, 05:08:59 am »

-
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 05:11:02 am by seth-- »
I am confused are you saying you changed the kidnapping so it is less... Saw?
Did Saw consist of you beating them then yelling Ronald Reagan in their face?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2013, 05:48:25 am »

Fox, looking at your about and contact page, I just want to say; Don't become a lawyer. The world has too many lawyers already. A friend of my father's told me that, and he was a lawyer, so we can see firsthand that the lawyer overpopulation is pretty serious.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2013, 06:06:44 am »

Fox, looking at your about and contact page, I just want to say; Don't become a lawyer. The world has too many lawyers already. A friend of my father's told me that, and he was a lawyer, so we can see firsthand that the lawyer overpopulation is pretty serious.
But what if he becomes an ace Liberal attorney?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2013, 06:11:06 am »

I'm not planning on it, but law is pretty interesting, and I'm good at logic, philosophy, writing, argument, public speaking, mock trials, and reading legalese. I bet I wouldn't have much difficulty with the LSAT and getting into law school either; I already have an undergraduate degree, and I was at the top of my graduating class among my degree program. Plus, lawyers make so much money.

There is this drawback, however. Video games. I like making them.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2013, 08:19:23 am »

I'm not sure if this is normal or is newly implemented, but I just failed to kidnap someone, but didn't hurt or kill anyone when running.  Afterwards, I was beaten up by every police officer who saw my squad, and the freaking National Guard and Tanks came to my compound of unarmed liberals and murdererized us for 1 charge of attempted kidnapping.  Never seen this happen before, any help?

EDIT:

And now my leader is sent for 24 years of prison for grabbing someone's arm and running, but this I know is normal for an oppressive Conservative government
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:22:40 am by Cheedows »

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2013, 08:58:14 am »

My guess is either that law is broken, or for some reason someone else in your base had other charges.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2013, 09:44:45 am »

Problem is that (unless Fox added it) there actually is no "attempted" or other inchoate-offense modifier in LCS.  Failed safecracks, Supercomputer hacks, etc attach the full charge, and Kidnapping is generally a pretty significant one IRL (at least once the report goes out).

So, Kidnapping has a fairly high amount of Heat attached.

As for lawyering: Law schools are full of students who were the best in their undergrad degree programs, who did well on their LSATs, and who want to make shitloads of money.  1L year is a credit overload where (if you're lucky) you might get a midterm exam.  More likely, you get the final and that goes directly to your transcript.

I don't know what DigiPen is like, but unless they're like commercial studios in the whole "crunch time" thing, I'll respectfully suggest that you might reconsider your assessment of law school, Fox.  We like you the way you are and I'd rather you not end up in a vulpine-eat-hominid world.

-KA101, Lawyer (20s)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2013, 11:51:10 am »

Where does bug report?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2013, 12:12:06 pm »

I guess so, and I'm positive that no one has any other charges since I literally just started out my squad.  Kidnapping is a pretty serious crime IRL I know, but attacking 6 unarmed guys with tanks, and the national guard?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2013, 12:14:39 pm »

Yeah, thats a little much. Either its a glitch or Fox needs to look at how much heat comes from kidnapping charges.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2013, 12:20:28 pm »

Another question, how do you get the new AA 12 shotgun?  They don't seem to be sold in stores
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27