Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 258356 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2013, 04:33:45 pm »

As in a hostage.

Yes, how did you do it?

The reason it's super buggy is that you shouldn't be able to put Conservatives in your squad.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2013, 04:38:46 pm »

Okay, does losing an eye severely nerf your driving skill? Felix Fudge is now absolutely horrible at escaping from the police in his sports car.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2013, 04:47:04 pm »

As in a hostage.

Yes, how did you do it?

The reason it's super buggy is that you shouldn't be able to put Conservatives in your squad.
A conservative captive. I simply created a squad and he showed up as a potential member thereto. I assumed it was intentional, since there's a TDTTOE and it says a squad can't just have conservatives. I assumed it was so you could take prisoners with you to sites, like capturing a CEO and taking him to the Cable station.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2013, 05:03:01 pm »

Okay, does losing an eye severely nerf your driving skill? Felix Fudge is now absolutely horrible at escaping from the police in his sports car.
I'd imagine it should--he's blind on one side now, after all.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2013, 05:14:24 pm »

Yeah... that would make sense/
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2013, 05:17:50 pm »

As in a hostage.

Yes, how did you do it?

A conservative captive. I simply created a squad and he showed up as a potential member thereto. I assumed it was intentional, since there's a TDTTOE and it says a squad can't just have conservatives. I assumed it was so you could take prisoners with you to sites, like capturing a CEO and taking him to the Cable station.

The ability to put Conservatives in your squad was cut by Toady many years ago, and the code for preventing you from forming an all-Conservative squad was vestigial and shouldn't ever come up if the game is working right. This is the same bug that let you put sleepers in your squad, and will be fixed in the next release.

While conceptually forcing captives to travel with you in your squad is cool, the actual behavior once you show up on site isn't coded to properly support that, as you discovered.

Losing one eye makes a small difference; maybe a point of driving skill's worth. Losing two eyes will absolutely destroy your driving rolls.

Another possibility is that if a character is currently wounded (not just blind in one eye, but actually shot up), they're much much worse at driving.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2013, 05:39:45 pm »

What are these maps in the art folder labelled "mapCSV_WhiteHouse..."?

Do I smell work on national LCS already beginning?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2013, 05:43:25 pm »

Losing one eye makes a small difference; maybe a point of driving skill's worth. Losing two eyes will absolutely destroy your driving rolls.

Another possibility is that if a character is currently wounded (not just blind in one eye, but actually shot up), they're much much worse at driving.

That's weird, then. He only lost one eye, isn't wounded, and his driving skill is 11. Theoretically, he should be about as good at driving as the above-average NASCAR driver.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2013, 06:13:36 pm »

Hes right, there are a ton of maps for "WhiteHouse." Looks like whatever the building is has three floors. My question? Where is this location? If its already in the game it has to be on the travel menu somewhere.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2013, 06:16:04 pm »

Hes right, there are a ton of maps for "WhiteHouse." Looks like whatever the building is has three floors. My question? Where is this location? If its already in the game it has to be on the travel menu somewhere.

It's not in the game. Yet.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2013, 07:38:44 pm »

8)

They can't be accessed, and there aren't any unique NPCs or interactions even if you did manage to go there. But there are indeed some rather extensive floor plans modeled after the West Wing in the game files for LCS 4.07.0.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2013, 08:09:03 pm »

Out of curiosity, I'm sure this is old, but why is there an Obama mask in a reality where he never became president?

Was he the liberal candidate against arch-conservative President [Name] in 2008?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2013, 08:23:24 pm »

Out of curiosity, I'm sure this is old, but why is there an Obama mask in a reality where he never-
* MetalSlimeHunt backstabs SealyStar and drags him into the bushes.

Shhh.....
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2013, 08:47:51 pm »

*Liberal dons Obama mask

Conservative is stunned by unknown forces! 

Conservative broods darkly...

Out of curiosity, I'm sure this is old, but why is there an Obama mask in a reality where he never became president?

Was he the liberal candidate against arch-conservative President [Name] in 2008?

The LCS could be an extremely hardcore version of the Obama bandit in real life, you know the guy who wears a mask of Obama and robs stores.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2013, 09:12:16 pm »

Obama would still be a Senator, most likely considered Liberal at best.  Young charismatic Liberal Senator might still get a mask.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27