Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 258831 times)

tenmillimaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2013, 01:48:00 pm »

I think using a sniper nest should just, code wise, dock your skill by about 10 points. That reduces your hit chances correct? Combat usually takes place in LCS at like 5 meters. If you're firing at moving targets several meters away, that changes things.

Same thing for MG nests.

I was also thinking that something similar but even harder would happen for the suggestion of assassinations.

BTW, FOX:

The new movies are top notch.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:50:02 pm by tenmillimaster »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2013, 02:28:47 pm »

BTW, FOX:

The new movies are top notch.

All thanks goes to Toady; I remember them from before I worked on the game. Heck, I'm probably the one that broke them!

tenmillimaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2013, 02:52:09 pm »

Trying to set up a business front at the homeless shelter makes the game unresponsive.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2013, 03:06:12 pm »

Typical LCS combat takes place at hand-to-hand range, so 5 meters seems pretty long.  (MP5s & M4s have an accuracy bonus due to being point-and-spray.)

Conversely, -10 to skills means that a Liberal would have to be pretty much superhumanly agile/extremely Juiced (Liberal Guardian at least) to be able to have any effective Rifle skill in the sniper nest.  10 Agility is a great starting level.  You'd need about 15 AG and lots of skilling in order to have 14-15 Rifle, thereby having a decent shot at effectively sniping.

Re fortifying: looks like all Liberal safehouses have an enhancements menu.  (Was asked to stockpile rations at the Uni Apartments, and the entire menu was available.)  Methinks there's a bug or two afoot.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2013, 03:17:35 pm »

Would it be possible for a sniper to "accidently" shoot a Liberal because they have too much wisdom?

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2013, 04:36:16 pm »

Trying to set up a business front at the homeless shelter makes the game unresponsive.

I don't think you're supposed to modify the Homeless Shelter. Sounds like a bug to me.

EDIT: Pretty much what KLA101 said in his post further up.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:51:52 pm by Capital Fish »
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

tenmillimaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2013, 04:53:12 pm »

I made a new character, selecting B for the background options, which gets you an assault rifle, 3 in the rifles skill, and gang members. I did activism until I hit the max juice you can get for doing so. I modded the xml files so that an AR-15 gave you a -10 to your accuracy. (not sure if this is handled as a skills deduction or not, but I assumed yes). I then headed over to the sweat shop, alone, busted in, and went crazy. Everytime I died and had to save scum, BUT, gangster mc liberal was still able to get hits in every once in a while.

I tried a different way. Modded the AR15 back to normal. Polished off cheat engine, same setup, but then I changed the value of Gangster mcLiberal's rifle skill to -7.
No hits at all... I don't think the accuracy bonus is handled as a skills deduction anymore guys.

Let the sniping mechanic apply a -10 acc penalty to whatever it is you're shooting with?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2013, 04:57:49 pm »

AR-15 is technically a hunting rifle (correct me if I'm wrong here, not really familiar with arms) so would we use that for a sniper rifle?

I'm assuming you don't get a headshot everytime with a sniper rifle unlike in the bullet gods in modern FPS'.  If they can still get hits then yes, I agree with tenmillimaster.  Can Heavy Machine guns possibly give friendly-fire?

tenmillimaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2013, 05:14:43 pm »

Yes. One would;.223's can definitely reach out quite a ways, just not as effectively as dedicated Sniper rifles. It helps that the AR platform is easily accurized. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_12_Special_Purpose_Rifle and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Squad_Designated_Marksman_Rifle would be examples of AR15's in sniping/designated marksman roles. Both are expected to hit out to 550 meters. But don't forget that the maximum range is much, much farther than that.

If I was the LCS, I'd use whatever I had on had. Different bonuses for different Categories of weapons, IMO.

NikGreek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 05, 2013, 03:03:31 am »

I had that one too. Also, the first person you enlighten can recruit (Verified in 2 saves). Checking to see if there is also a problem with releasing someone from death row on the 2nd save.Will get back to you.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2013, 09:52:35 am »

I've noticed that my clothing-maker (a Hippie, if that matters) seems to make twice as much clothing as expected: as in one day's creation of a first-rate Black Robe results in 2 Black Robes, etc.  It was late, though, so I could have been imagining things.  Anyone else seen something like that?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2013, 07:26:37 pm »

Clothing making has been working as expected for me.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 06, 2013, 04:35:50 pm »

This is probably a bit of a stupid question, but where exactly in the source code is the part that decides if the CCS/police/other will attack and where?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2013, 06:19:59 pm »

This is probably a bit of a stupid question, but where exactly in the source code is the part that decides if the CCS/police/other will attack and where?

Roughly the first 900 lines of siege.cpp.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2013, 07:19:43 pm »

Roughly the first 900 lines of siege.cpp.
What about CCS attacks on non-LCS sites?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27