Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 256868 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #255 on: June 06, 2013, 11:20:09 am »

Just came back to the game after a long time, excited to try out the new version!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Alyas Grey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2013, 06:40:45 am »

Perhaps the shotgun could apply a % stun or knockdown?

Maybe add non-lethal rounds?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2013, 02:11:05 pm »

I was just thinking about different kinds of ammo.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2013, 04:28:58 pm »

Non-lethal rounds for every gun could actually help with kidnapping dangerous targets without putting them to crit

Njals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 16, 2013, 06:16:10 am »

If you select E options during chargen, you still don't have any maps (4.07.0).

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 17, 2013, 02:43:01 pm »

I can confirm as of my new game just last night.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Aster11345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 02, 2013, 09:36:08 pm »

Ok I'd like to report a glitch
So I can make sleepers into squads making a squad that gains no heat,
I can make people who are in jail into squads...
This is insanely OP so I'm thinking and reporting as a glitch
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:19:24 pm by Aster11345 »

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 06, 2013, 04:56:18 am »

Yeah the last time I beat the game I abused that glitch. I could form people into a squad from prison then go forth to a safehouse and viola, it's like the courts never sentenced them to death in the first place.

It balanced out though because of the glitch where if the CCS captures a safehouse, you can never take it back from them. Even after eliminating them via Backer's List, my old safehouse just disappeared.

KingDirp

• Bay Watcher
  • You are right good sir... I derped the word "derp"
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 15, 2013, 01:17:37 pm »

Yeah the last time I beat the game I abused that glitch. I could form people into a squad from prison then go forth to a safehouse and viola, it's like the courts never sentenced them to death in the first place.

It balanced out though because of the glitch where if the CCS captures a safehouse, you can never take it back from them. Even after eliminating them via Backer's List, my old safehouse just disappeared.

Hmm... this poses to become another good add for the game. Let's say that some of your guys just got arrested and sent to prison, what you can do is that you set up a squad with those people BUT you cannot leave (removing the bug). Instead you can run around the prison and if possible cause havoc and if you're lucky you can cause a prison riot. If you cause a riot you get two options, run away and leave the prison or help in the riot and takeover the prison :D ..... you get to have your own Liberal Fortress XD and that you get to be a boss  8)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:03:28 pm by KingDirp »
If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented?

Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2013, 06:19:05 am »

Actually that's kind of brilliant. You could intentionally have your most dangerous liberals arrested. There are already shivs lying around at the location for you to procure. And I'm always a fan of having more safehouses.

KingDirp

• Bay Watcher
  • You are right good sir... I derped the word "derp"
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 18, 2013, 08:55:12 am »

Actually that's kind of brilliant. You could intentionally have your most dangerous liberals arrested. There are already shivs lying around at the location for you to procure. And I'm always a fan of having more safehouses.

Just to add a little bit more, since the prison will be a safehouse, and will act like a stronghold for you, the Police, Military and Agents will try to retake it, but its pretty hard because all the prisoners will be armed with guns and riot gear from the dead prison/riot guards. Therefore the advantages of you controlling the prison are: You have a stronghold and you could easily hire readily armed recruits. The disadvantage is that the prison is prone for attacks (Heat: 100 (or over)).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:56:56 am by KingDirp »
If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented?

Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 20, 2013, 04:20:53 am »

Just to add a little bit more, since the prison will be a safehouse, and will act like a stronghold for you, the Police, Military and Agents will try to retake it, but its pretty hard because all the prisoners will be armed with guns and riot gear from the dead prison/riot guards. Therefore the advantages of you controlling the prison are: You have a stronghold and you could easily hire readily armed recruits. The disadvantage is that the prison is prone for attacks (Heat: 100 (or over)).

That's interesting. I like that idea added onto Finetal's
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 18, 2013, 08:32:49 pm »

Will it be possible to, after a certain number of raids on the police station, have them realize that it's really best to leave you alone?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2013, 04:29:56 am »

Will it be possible to, after a certain number of raids on the police station, have them realize that it's really best to leave you alone?

If you raid the police hard enough to close them down a couple of times, you're likely going to end up with upgrade to National Guard either way.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #269 on: August 20, 2013, 09:25:19 pm »

That bug was fixed in SVN revision 704 (which is not the current revision). Anyway, this means you won't encounter that particular bug again in the next release. The current revision is 714 right now, other things are being fixed too.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27