Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 256879 times)

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #270 on: August 23, 2013, 04:14:40 am »

Am I supposed to be able to upgrade apartments with business fronts? And, actually, all of the safehouse upgrades? I feel like I'm not supposed to be able to.

Using version 4.07.1

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #271 on: August 23, 2013, 12:52:27 pm »

Am I supposed to be able to upgrade apartments with business fronts? And, actually, all of the safehouse upgrades? I feel like I'm not supposed to be able to.

Using version 4.07.1

No, that's not supposed to happen. You're using an out-of-date beta version though, the current beta is 4.07.3 beta. I think if you switched to 4.07.3 beta that problem would go away. I've looked at the code, specifically lines which say "SiteProperty(upgradable, true)" in world.cpp, and don't see any problems. You're using 4.07.1 beta, the first beta version that had multi-city mode, and it isn't very much implemented in that version, and there are some problems with locations in that version, like the one you noticed. So my suggestion is to use the latest beta version... or use 4.07.0, which is stable and came out before any of the multi-city changes.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

KingDirp

• Bay Watcher
  • You are right good sir... I derped the word "derp"
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 24, 2013, 11:40:47 am »

Actually that's kind of brilliant. You could intentionally have your most dangerous liberals arrested. There are already shivs lying around at the location for you to procure. And I'm always a fan of having more safehouses.

Just to add a little bit more, since the prison will be a safehouse, and will act like a stronghold for you, the Police, Military and Agents will try to retake it, but its pretty hard because all the prisoners will be armed with guns and riot gear from the dead prison/riot guards. Therefore the advantages of you controlling the prison are: You have a stronghold and you could easily hire readily armed recruits. The disadvantage is that the prison is prone for attacks (Heat: 100 (or over)).

That's interesting. I like that idea added onto Finetal's

If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented?

Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 29, 2013, 11:39:29 pm »

I'm not exactly where to post bugs, but I guess here it is. It seems that the day before my founder comes back from vacation I will always crash whenever waiting, going for a raid etc. Is there anyway to fix this?

KingDirp

• Bay Watcher
  • You are right good sir... I derped the word "derp"
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2013, 01:00:47 pm »

I'm not exactly where to post bugs, but I guess here it is. It seems that the day before my founder comes back from vacation I will always crash whenever waiting, going for a raid etc. Is there anyway to fix this?

I suggest that you wait for a reply, or post the bug here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130777.0
If you do not receive a reply I suggest you to start a new topic about it to get everybody's attention.
If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented?

Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 08, 2013, 01:43:53 pm »

I suggest that you wait for a reply, or post the bug here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130777.0
If you do not receive a reply I suggest you to start a new topic about it to get everybody's attention.

I just posted that thread to get people's attention about the three bugs I ran into. But if there was an official general bug thread, that would be nice.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 13, 2013, 06:46:17 pm »

I was fairly active and fixed lots of bugs in August but I've been doing other stuff and haven't checked these forums in 2 or 3 weeks, sorry about that. I also have a vacation to another country coming up later this month. But yes, the thread at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130777.0 where bugs are being listed is a good place to list all of them. Several weeks ago I would look at every post on these forums and fix as many bugs as I could find mentioned. But then for some reason I forgot about this game, then I just remembered it again maybe yesterday, and thought I should probably see what's going on on the forums. I'll see if I can fix the bugs in that thread. And there are other programmers too, I'm sure if I don't fix them, someone else will probably get around to it eventually. SourceForge actually has a bug-tracking system but I don't think this project actually uses it... you need a SourceForge account to access it, so anyone who wanted to post a bug report would need a SourceForge account. So yeah, posting bugs in that thread is probably the best idea, then somebody will probably fix them, maybe me, maybe somebody else.

My schedule's a bit busier this month than last month. I mean, I'm going to be visiting Vienna and Rome, over in Europe, and won't have access to my computer, for about a month, and that trip is coming up soon. To be honest, I was doing a whole lot of programming on this in August and spending a lot of time on it (I did a HUGE number of revisions, just look at the SVN log), and I kinda got bored after awhile, so I've just been taking a little break from it, and spending my spare time on other things instead (mostly watching TV shows I downloaded off BitTorrent, whoops I mean legally paid money to watch on Netflix). But since this project means so much to everyone here I'll see if I can find the time to fix the bugs you post in that thread.

Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 13, 2013, 07:39:36 pm »

Thanks. We really do appreciate it, shame when bugs interfere with the game.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 14, 2013, 02:05:36 am »

Hopefully I've already mentioned somewhere how much I appreciate the work that Jonathan S. Fox has put into this game, so now I can mention how much I appreciate how much work you've put into this game Liberal Elitist.

It's a great game and I love being part of this small but active community.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 14, 2013, 01:38:50 pm »

Thanks, I've only started contributing around the beginning of August or so, and actually there have been many people who have contributed to the code over the years, not just Jonathan S. Fox, although obviously he's the main contributor. I'll try to come up with a full list of people who've contributed to the game, and see if I can add it to the AUTHORS file.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 15, 2013, 10:25:20 pm »

Yeah, the place does feel a little less Foxy.  Bob just ain't the same.  Sorry, Liberal Elitist.  :-(

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 16, 2013, 02:44:19 pm »

Well, I DID put a full list of contributors into the AUTHORS file, you can take a look here: https://sourceforge.net/p/lcsgame/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/AUTHORS

Or here is the contents of it right now:

Code: [Select]
Tarn Adams (www.bay12games.com)
Kevin Sadler

Current Maintainers:
Jonathan Stickles (jonathansfox@users.sourceforge.net)
Chris Johnson (grundee@users.sourceforge.net)

Full list of Contributors:
Ari Rahikkala / arirahikkala (2009-2011)
blomkvist (2010-2013)
BManx2000 (2011)
Callum Davies (2012)
calrogman (2013)
Chris Johnson / grundee (2007-2008)
Christian Sergelius / cribozai (2011)
Ciprian Ilies / Addictgamer (2012-2013)
crickel (2009)
cybengineer (2013)
dreadmullet (2012)
dtomandl (2008)
Firewolf123 (2009-2010)
Gatleos (2010)
Grimith (2013)
Ighalli (2008)
infernozeus (2011)
Janus / brettflan (2010)
Jonathan Stickles / Jonathan S. Fox (2007-2013)
KA101 (2013)
Kay12 (2011)
Kevin Sadler / sadler (2004)
kuactet (2008)
Kurper (2010)
KViiri (2011-2013)
LethalFeline (2013)
mdownie (2010)
nyxwise (2011)
Pesi (2011-2012)
Puzzlemaker (2008)
ransomeliolds (2011-2012)
Rich McGrew / Liberal Elitist / yetisyny (2013)
Scott C. Walton / LiteralKa (2009-2011)
Servant Corps (2009-2011)
seth-dash-dash (2013)
shibby1295 (2013)
Tarn Adams / Toady One (2002-2004)
usr_share (2013)
vherid (2013)
wisq (2008)

Yep, that full list of contributors, I compiled that list, looked at the entire SVN revision log, took quite awhile to put it together, but I figured those people all deserved credit for their work. And yes, KA101, you made the list! Along with many other people here.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:47:14 pm by Liberal Elitist »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #282 on: September 17, 2013, 10:31:45 am »

Thank you for putting that list together, Liberal Elitist!

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 17, 2013, 10:33:49 pm »

Thank you for putting that list together, Liberal Elitist!

There you are, Fox!  Been wondering what happened to you.

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 18, 2013, 08:10:03 am »

Really enjoying sneak attacks. I have a squad of 5, 4 with knives (one with crowbar due to crappy security) and I believe it's working as expected. After a first couple of brutal rampages they're mostly silent now. On the 'low level' maps like Factories and Garment Makers I can clear the map by sneak attacking the 1-2 stacks of conservative guards and/or managers. On more difficult maps like Genetics/Cosmetics I can usually get about half-way through the map before I either botch an attack, run into a high level corporate manager who dodges it, or just run into a stack of conservative lab techs bigger then my stack and alarm triggers.

Finally, it is of marginal value on the high end maps as the armor that, say, soldiers wears basically nullifies the attack so although I'm stabbing sneakily it's not doing anything and then their M16s raze my party.

I hope that this 'stealth atttack' feature can be expanded perhaps with weapon attachments (silencers?). Would it be possible to give this ability to Conservatives? Like if a conservative is armed with a 'sneak attack' weapon and raises the alarm he makes a sneak attack against your party? I feel that could make high end maps absolutely brutal... maybe create a new 'assassin' type disguised as something else (regular guard?) that sneak attacks your party...
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27