Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 256866 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #345 on: June 17, 2014, 09:41:22 am »

That sounds like a great idea, could a coder tell us if it is possible? It sounds a lot like when the CCS crashes your raiding party after you leave, why can't you do the same?  Would also lead to lovely scenarios like assassinating prominent conservatives, seizing a supply of guns etc.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 22, 2014, 01:06:35 pm »

I've worked up some code for an improved budget screen.  The main amounts are right justified so the digits line up between large and small amounts.  This also shows the daily change in brackets.

At the bottom, it spins through all the locations and tallies up how much you can get if you sell off your spare loot (not counting what is equipped).

To go with that, I've also made the '$' key display the budget whenever you like, instead of only at the end of the month.

Note: In order to keep the savegame compatible, it doesn't remember the daily changes if you exit and restart.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 26, 2014, 10:26:37 am »

I haven't played this in quite a long time, could anyone remind me whether the SEAL suit is better than Army Bodyarmour, armour-wise? I seem to remember something about SEAL suits being rather OP, and since I have 80 of 'em lying around... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 26, 2014, 11:30:48 pm »

The big advantage of the SEAL suit is its top-notch stealth rating.  Same protection from bullets.
The Army Bodyarmor is only better in that it has 2 professionalism.  And its super easy to collect at the army base.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 26, 2014, 11:33:25 pm »

The big advantage of the SEAL suit is its top-notch stealth rating.  Same protection from bullets.
The Army Bodyarmor is only better in that it has 2 professionalism.  And its super easy to collect at the army base.

SEAL suits are pretty easy to hoard once you get sieges from them 3 times a week. But really, great stealth rating for infiltration. If you want to bust some heads, or raid a CCS base then Heavy Ceramic is the way to go.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 28, 2014, 02:50:14 am »

It actually took me a while to understand what "fight reverse discrimination" was since at face value that is a good thing.

So I probed my brain for a bit... and then I was like... "Ohh I know! The equal opportunity laws that give certain people better chances of being hired due to the rather discriminatory way the hiring process works".

How close was I?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 28, 2014, 03:10:52 am »

Thanks guys.

@Neo: I think reverse discrimination means, basically, minorities getting better benefits etc. from the government, being more likely to be hired for jobs and such over majorities, ostensibly to prevent them being discriminated against.
I guess that's more-or-less what you said?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 29, 2014, 09:36:35 pm »

Update on the budget change:
It appears that other changes have already made 4.07.04 not compatible with previous saves, so I might as well implement it properly, even though that changes the save again.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 11, 2014, 07:16:33 pm »

Thanks guys.

@Neo: I think reverse discrimination means, basically, minorities getting better benefits etc. from the government, being more likely to be hired for jobs and such over majorities, ostensibly to prevent them being discriminated against.
I guess that's more-or-less what you said?

Complaining about "reverse discrimination" implies that discrimination the non-reversed way was A-OK.  Can go long-winded about it if you like.  Affirmative action (what you're describing) exists to counter the effects of previous discrimination and restore a level playing field.

Svinnik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 12, 2014, 05:21:21 pm »

It seems that in this version there is no way to limit food and water to hostages. Is it just me or was that feature cut out?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #355 on: August 12, 2014, 08:52:21 pm »

It seems that in this version there is no way to limit food and water to hostages. Is it just me or was that feature cut out?

I removed them. It was controversial. I wanted the system to be easier to understand, but a lot of people felt the removed thematic interest those options provided outweighed any benefits in simplicity.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 12, 2014, 09:31:27 pm »

I maintain my support for the old enlightenment system. It was far more fun to do the carrot, stick, and LSD-instead-of-water dance to cause Stockholm Syndrome.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 12, 2014, 10:16:43 pm »

I maintain my support for the old enlightenment system. It was far more fun to do the carrot, stick, and LSD-instead-of-water dance to cause Stockholm Syndrome.

It is sad how true this is. You literally beat them so much, then send in the most interesting man in the world to tell them that you are doing them a kindness by not beating them more.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 13, 2014, 05:13:32 pm »

I removed them. It was controversial. I wanted the system to be easier to understand, but a lot of people felt the removed thematic interest those options provided outweighed any benefits in simplicity.

Please reintroduce them, they made enlightenment so much more interesting.

Also, can we get an .exe of the latest version soon? It seems like there's been a lot of work done on it since this thread was updated.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 18, 2014, 09:10:21 am »

Please reintroduce them, they made enlightenment so much more interesting.

Also, can we get an .exe of the latest version soon? It seems like there's been a lot of work done on it since this thread was updated.

This, it's so confusing trying to find the latest version of this game.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27