Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 256882 times)

Bad Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #375 on: March 18, 2015, 09:48:54 pm »

I had a thought while going through my piles of research papers and Judicial corruption evidence. If I publish this huge pile of dirt, they hate me. If I sell it to a public pawnshop, not only is it valuable, but they don't hate me and it somehow doesn't get out.

I can't help but feel like that could do with some revamping.

I just can't see pawnshops rolling out the carts of dosh for dirty laundry. I also really can't see that laundry staying private after the pawnshop owner spends weeks trying to sell the worthless stacks of paper. Anyway, I think there should be two new ways of dealing with the special files. One, handing it in to another liberal newspaper, which decreases both the impact and the backlash from the conservatives, while netting a small finder's fee, and the other ransoming it back to the owners. Imagine selling the tax files to the CEO for a huge pile of money, and some hate if you don't hide your tracks. I imagine it as a hugely high-risk, high-pay endeavor with a chance of mercenaries, cops, or what-have-you breaking up the deal, and the option of you being the one to break faith and gun down the other negotiators... in the middle of the park, creating a publicity nightmare.

Admittedly I'm more interested in the second option, and I'm starting to doubt the use of the first. The Guardian is probably better for most purposes. But yeah, I feel like ransoms would fit the feel of the game and could probably extend to kidnapped prominent conservatives. Just in case you needed even more ungodly amounts of money, or maybe even prisoner exchanges.

tl;dr: Ransoming special files and prominent conservatives for money or Liberal prisoners.

What do you think, coders et al? Can it be done? Should it be done?

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 19, 2015, 11:45:08 am »

You've sold me on the idea of ransoming information and people, that sounds complicated and fun. Although I never had a problem with selling scandalous info to pawn brokers, I always just imagined that the pawn broker just held on to it for a rainy day (The pawnbroker is not a upstanding citizen, really), or sold it to conservatives themselves.

Also with only being able to publish 1 thing a month and the high risk of ransoming it off to conservatives, I don't want those papers to pile up when you get too good at acquiring them. So I'm in favor of keeping the old system of selling them en masse to the pawnbroker. Although at a lessened price.

KingDirp

• Bay Watcher
  • You are right good sir... I derped the word "derp"
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 08, 2015, 06:04:03 pm »

It has been about 2 years now since any updates where made, I guess that LCS is now officially abandoned. :(

Maybe there will be people like the developers of Cataclysm: DDA, who will take up the project and continue furthering its glory, unfortunately that person is not me.
If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented?

Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 11, 2015, 12:58:12 am »

2 years was when this thread was created, I'm positive there have been updates since then.

(The title references 4.07.0 but my LCS version is 4.07.3)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 11, 2015, 02:35:26 pm »

The latest SVN commit was less than 6 months ago.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ConservativeBloodlust

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 16, 2015, 04:27:29 pm »

Try adding upgrades to vehicles, like bullet-proof tires, armored vehicles,  and maybe a bit more variety to car chases.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 16, 2015, 04:49:49 pm »

Try adding upgrades to vehicles, like bullet-proof tires, armored vehicles,  and maybe a bit more variety to car chases.
Work from the latest version if you can, then, as it changes up some mechanics on shooting vehicles.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 29, 2015, 02:11:03 pm »

Should the Liberal Crime Squad "source code" move away from SourceForge? Many people have abandoned the website to head over to places like GitHub because they don't like SourceForge's policy of bundling adware with their open-source software. I don't necessarily oppose adware (so long as it is optional to download), but it can be annoying, and I don't think it's good to be annoying people.

Here's a list of other websites that can host 'projects' but it seems that the only projects that can handle Subversion is GitHub and Savannah. I also know it's kinda silly to be taking about migrating the source code instead of actually improving on it, but there we go.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 09, 2015, 10:29:01 pm »

If have FAR LEFT and FAR RIGHT.

Wouldn't make sense to have the FAR MIDDLE.

Radical centrist(IS a real thing you knw) and all that.

Also I want to see MCS fight the both their enemies.

I want to new Party Faction repsent the FAR middle and the Radical Part of MCS.

The Technocrats, They love Science to extreme will push that far than Arch Coverseion when scieniceftic and Take Uber Logical with Logical Positivism being the SOLE Ideology 

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 13, 2015, 08:51:21 pm »

So... Is LCS dead? Last official update was 2 years ago, the Stalinist Comrade Squad hasn't been spotted for a while, S. Fox hasn't been active since January, barely anyone posts compared to a few months ago.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 14, 2015, 12:15:03 pm »

So... Is LCS dead? Last official update was 2 years ago, the Stalinist Comrade Squad hasn't been spotted for a while, S. Fox hasn't been active since January, barely anyone posts compared to a few months ago.

The source code just got submissions, so LCS isn't dead.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 29, 2015, 11:24:20 pm »

What happened to Liberal Elitist? Was he the only other guy working on the Stalinist Comrade Squad?

cleon456

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 01, 2015, 03:08:18 pm »

Man i so want this version on android so i can be liberal on the go

lurtze1

• Bay Watcher
  • Worshipper of the god of total chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 20, 2015, 03:07:27 pm »

So what's the most recent download of LCS?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 21, 2015, 07:40:28 am »

So what's the most recent download of LCS?
The actual most recent you'd need to compile from the source code, I think it's on GitHub somewhere.

The most recent unpack-and-play release I know of is r855 I posted in a separate thread on this forum.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27