Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sleepers raising in political ranking?  (Read 2442 times)

Conradine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sleepers raising in political ranking?
« on: July 28, 2015, 04:52:54 am »

I quote Liberal crime squad wiki:

"Sleepers can be a potentially game-winning asset, if you can have one of your insiders rise up through the political ranks and have a place of true meaning. "

http://lcs.wikidot.com/sleepers

Is that really possible? May the sleepers become members of senate, or else?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sleepers raising in political ranking?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:05:45 am »

the wiki is very, very outdated

sleepers getting a slot in the senate, etc. either isn't implemented or is no longer implemented

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 03:39:19 pm »

It might have been a reference to the old Infiltration system. You can instruct sleepers to promote "conservatism", which would increase their infiltration level. A high infiltration level can make their actions more powerful. One valid strategy would be to set your sleepers to promote conservatism until they are at max. effectiveness, and then switch them to promote Liberalism.

Johnathan S. Fox removed the ability to promote conservatism and kept the infiltration rating of sleepers constant, to try and make the sleeper system more streamlined and less "micro-managing".
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:41:27 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 05:20:23 pm »

I think that sleepers set to "laying low" gain more infiltration than they did before, so it offsets the "raise conservatism" command.

As in, before I don't think sleepers gained infiltration when "laying low", and they more-or-less gain the same by "laying low" that they did from "raise conservatism".  So it was rather redundant, really.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 01:21:47 pm »

Sleepers can still be very powerful, by accumulating networks of them. Most important sleepers have good infiltration, by having them snoop they can get documents, which raises their juice, and from that they can recruit more high-infiltration sleepers.