Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: National LCS Revisited (4.07.4 Beta Release!)  (Read 104000 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: National LCS Revisited (4.07.4 Beta Release!)
« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2013, 11:16:40 pm »

So fun fact: Even though i've been following the beta since its inception back in April, I never actually played it.

However, a recent itch to play a liberal crime lord has fixed that, so i'm excited to play the multi-city release.

Wish me luck!

JD809

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 11, 2013, 10:05:12 am »

Hey, i'm new to the Forum but have been following LCS for a while, whens the next update planned I couldn't find any information?
By the way great job with the game  :)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 11, 2013, 12:39:56 pm »

As I understand it, it's mostly on a 'when it's ready' basis.

Magnus Bonafide

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2013, 04:07:23 pm »

Just tried the 4.07.4 version, ran into an issue right away:
- Selected National option
- Answered questions as follows: E, E, B, A, E, A, E, D, A, B
- The first time I didn't enter a name to the people, the second time I did
- Both times the game crashed when I hit Enter.  Didn't get an error message, just "The program has stopped working". 
Tried again with different answers (all A), no problem.  Hope this helps

Magnus Bonafide

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2013, 07:22:37 pm »

So it's been a couple of days playing it so far, really enjoying it.  Running into a lot of stability issues (thank Science for the everyday autosave!) but otherwise amazing.  Got to thinking, wouldn't it be great if you could find and neutralize Rats before trial?  Thought it could go something like this: if you have enough (whatever that turns out to be) Police Officers or Police Gang Units as Sleepers Uncovering Secrets, they can tell you about Safehouses used to keep Rats safe.  The next day (maybe 2?) only there is a Witness Safehouse Location available to visit.  Small Location with 1 "Rat" Encounter and loaded with Police, Agents, or Gang Units.  You can choose to Intimidate, Kidnap, or Kill the Conservative to remove witnesses from upcoming cases.  Perhaps only available if a Rat has info on a Liberal with a case pending (ie. the Liberal is already at the Courthouse awaiting trial)?  Perhaps you only get one shot per Rat.  Just a thought, not sure how easy this would be to implement.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 22, 2013, 01:43:57 pm »

I found a problem that when you're recruiting via the recruit option it changes to someone else with the same name, but with different stats.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Sigma7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 23, 2013, 01:14:30 am »

Just pulled SVN-739, compiled it under Cygwin, and it crashes when it tries to do some fancy artwork.  It's a serious crash, since it prevents the gdb from working right (which is why you don't develop debuggers that operate under the same terminal as the program being debugged.)   Seemingly related to the crash that also happens during elections, but can't reproduce that.

In any case, I think there can be a few reduction in keystrokes.  Modified basemode.cpp - http://pastebin.com/fY2JA9Kq - to allow activating a specific liberal from the main status screen.  This supplements rather than replaces the old method, but does cut down on keystrokes when reviewing individuals.

Flameswath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 16, 2013, 09:27:18 pm »

Dunno if this bug has been reported already but I can never seem to keep any heat on my safehouses.  I'm playing through the Liberal Nightmare mode and even non-upgraded safehouses never get raided due to my 200% heat when moving to a new place gets reduced to nothing in 3 days even with no buildings attacked and the police working fine.  I tried it in other cities and 3 separate groups are doing their best to terrorize everything and I can never get heat above 30% on a 60%+ hideout.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 20, 2013, 01:51:39 am »

I'm not sure if this has been reported, but I can't seem to let sleepers join the active LCS (pressing C while viewing individual sleepers).
False alarm :(
Also, recruiting in other cities doesn't work. I think that one's been reported?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:57:10 am by RickRollYou2 »

Voxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 04, 2014, 03:16:40 am »

Bug with dying during a car chase, if you are shot, die, crash and die again (yes that's possible don't you know anything about liberal biology?) you will count as two martyrs in the stats.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 16, 2014, 06:21:19 pm »

Noticed a bit of a bug with CCS doin shit:
http://imgur.com/gallery/kPBUjyd/new
god damn conservatives, attacking my travel

MicroclineHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 20, 2014, 12:57:08 pm »

Ran into a bug recently.

For some reason, whenever I try to recruit people by traditional methods (Going to a location and talking to them as opposed to using the new recruiting command) all of the meetings get wiped at the end of the day.

For example, I recently sent a programmer to the LA Hippie hangout to get some cannon fodder. After getting three hippies to agree to meet with him, I left the site. However, he didn't meet with anyone afterward, and when I went to check his status all of the "scheduled meetings" had been wiped.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:09:47 am by MicroclineHat »
Cake throne needs cake, badly.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 25, 2014, 10:06:28 am »

I like how the new version gives you a bonus to seduction when naked. The thought of stripping in public and trying to get a date is hilarious.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 26, 2014, 01:16:37 pm »

I just noticed if you go to the whitehouse when a liberal president has been elected hes still Conservative?!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 04:08:02 pm by mosshadow »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 26, 2014, 02:17:08 pm »

Well, he's certainly more conservative than the LCS...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25