Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: National LCS Revisited (4.07.4 Beta Release!)  (Read 104494 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: National LCS Revisited
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2013, 08:53:54 pm »

Damn the surrealist party! Interrupting our fine Matrix-style elections!

This looks interesting.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2013, 10:58:01 pm »

Easy explanation: The United States annexed the Earth and those are all representatives of the various places from around the world.

In any case, so much for small government.

tenmillimaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2013, 08:12:36 am »

Let's send the LCS to alaska to take everyone's guns.

Yeah.....

And then send them to hawaii to try and drum up support for secession.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2013, 10:32:45 am »

Maybe change the city zones to suburb names - Brooklyn, Manhattan, etc. for New York.

PTW. Also, it would be great if you would have both versions, a local crime squad and a nationwide squad. That would allow for classic play, as well as new play. We have such an option for the CCS already.

I think creating a system with a scenario file could do that, fine. And give modders a lot more to play with. Basically make a "pick scenario" screen in the game start-up that lists all the modules in the directory. Of course, the scenario data would need to be bundled with the current save.

One thing i was thinking of, is can we separate state and federal effects? Then, most normal sites affect local opinion only, but some special sites affect things on a national level. Nuclear plants should be one that affects things nationally for example, but not be in every city.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:46:51 am by Reelya »

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2013, 03:04:04 pm »

The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2013, 06:33:35 pm »

My mistake(s). Though when it came to labeling the region as a rust belt, I was thinking along the lines of certain manufacturing cities in upstate New York, along with places like Allentown and the aforementioned Pittsburgh. As you've said though, that characterization may be a little out of date.  :P

out of date but really when you think of the rust belt, you think of classic detroit, full of industry and all the dirt and smoke that comes with it.
lets face it is more fun to play with detroit the motor city with it massive unions and factory's than detroit the economy waste land full of crime or detroit the normal city.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tenmillimaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2013, 07:02:15 pm »

My mistake(s). Though when it came to labeling the region as a rust belt, I was thinking along the lines of certain manufacturing cities in upstate New York, along with places like Allentown and the aforementioned Pittsburgh. As you've said though, that characterization may be a little out of date.  :P

out of date but really when you think of the rust belt, you think of classic detroit, full of industry and all the dirt and smoke that comes with it.
lets face it is more fun to play with detroit the motor city with it massive unions and factory's than detroit the economy waste land full of crime or detroit the normal city.

Why not both?

Anyways, This happened.

Not sure what happened.

I'd upload the save file if it helped, but I'm not sure where to put it. I was in LA peddling mind opening contraband and the elections came up, then the game crashed.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:06:19 pm by tenmillimaster »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2013, 07:07:53 pm »

Yhat have detroit turn from a massive manufacturing city at C to a crime full waste land at L.
(at L+ it is a lovey green city free from crime and at C+ it is home to even more factorys)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2013, 08:00:24 pm »

I'd upload the save file if it helped, but I'm not sure where to put it. I was in LA peddling mind opening contraband and the elections came up, then the game crashed.

This happens if the prisons issue comes up as a ballot measure. It'll be fixed next version. Load your save again and continue; the game should be playable as long as it doesn't come up again.

tenmillimaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2013, 08:19:39 pm »

This happens if the prisons issue comes up as a ballot measure. It'll be fixed next version. Load your save again and continue; the game should be playable as long as it doesn't come up again.

I tried, but it runs the elections again at the end of the day and I get a crash again.

Equinox

• Bay Watcher
  • The end is near for us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2013, 09:30:51 pm »

Would you be able to upload a temporary fix? I've got the same issue and reloading doesn't solve it.
"They say the flapping wings of a single butterfly can stir a wind on the other side of the world. Ever wonder what impact your little bat wings have on this world?"

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2013, 10:08:21 pm »

http://www.jonathansfox.com/lcs/lcs_win32_4.07.1a.zip

This is hot off of my last build of the game -- it may or may not work entirely correctly, but it should have the bug fixed. If it crashes on startup, that suggests saves aren't compatible after all, but I think they are and that this should clear up the crash on elections.

Also, since this is straight off of the build I'm running, and I recently got the in-game movies working, they should be working in this one too. They're pretty rare, but you'll know if you see one. They're kinda hard to miss.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2013, 07:54:14 am »

I have this issue too.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2013, 12:59:28 pm »

I have this issue too.

Does the update not work for you?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2013, 01:33:04 pm »

I have this issue too.

Does the update not work for you?
It does, thanks. Is it save compatable?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25