Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: National LCS Revisited (4.07.4 Beta Release!)  (Read 103983 times)

BlueOceans10

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: National LCS Revisited
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2013, 08:02:53 pm »

Game crashes on the main location selection screen (showing downtown/university district/etc) when I press anything other than the listed keys; brings up a 'debug assertion failed' window. Sub-location screens seem fine, though. Can work around it (until I inevitably forget and drum my fingers on the unused keys...). Unsure if it's on my end.

Very excited to see how this'll be going along.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2013, 08:41:20 pm »

Game crashes on the main location selection screen (showing downtown/university district/etc) when I press anything other than the listed keys; brings up a 'debug assertion failed' window. Sub-location screens seem fine, though. Can work around it (until I inevitably forget and drum my fingers on the unused keys...). Unsure if it's on my end.

It's not just you, I broke that in this release -- it's a side effect from how I implemented the travel to another city option, so it only appears on menus that include it. I'll fix it for next release. Thank you!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2013, 09:39:10 pm »

Turning my volume knob at the advanced options screen caused the game to skip forward to history choices. Odd, but there you have it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2013, 09:53:32 pm »

Turning my volume knob at the advanced options screen caused the game to skip forward to history choices. Odd, but there you have it.

??? ... :-\

...you got me there.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2013, 09:55:32 pm »

...you got me there.
Yeah, I don't know. I think it might actually be on my end. Turning my volume knob also occasionally results in "b" being typed. Weird as hell.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2013, 10:05:56 pm »

...you got me there.
Yeah, I don't know. I think it might actually be on my end. Turning my volume knob also occasionally results in "b" being typed. Weird as hell.
That's probably it: try starting a new game, turning the knob, and seeing if the B option kicks in.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2013, 10:07:34 pm »

This, of course, does not solve my lingering bewilderment as to why my volume knob types b. I mean, there's tech problems and then there's total insanity.
No Gods, No Masters.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2013, 10:09:59 pm »

Back in the day my joystick (M$ Sidewinder) was always doing weird things.  ???

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2013, 10:17:24 pm »

I'm not sure if this was newly implemented by interrogation is slightly different now.  Not as easy as it was before, was it changed? 

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2013, 11:03:03 pm »

There is no long a commercial district, which confused the hell out of me for a while, and I think it should be a sub-location again, so you don't have to look for the Pawn and Gun everytime you want pawn something or buy guns, and it threw off my usual routine for getting to the safehouses to get mutants. Besides that Im not experiencing any glitches.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2013, 11:31:30 pm »

Am I correct in saying that the conservative crimesquad is only in one city, depending on where you did your activism?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2013, 12:22:40 am »

I'm not sure if this was newly implemented by interrogation is slightly different now.  Not as easy as it was before, was it changed? 

I don't think this was changed.

There is no long a commercial district, which confused the hell out of me for a while, and I think it should be a sub-location again, so you don't have to look for the Pawn and Gun everytime you want pawn something or buy guns, and it threw off my usual routine for getting to the safehouses to get mutants. Besides that Im not experiencing any glitches.

I will take this into account, but I'm going to sit tight on this for a bit; this is the sort of thing I need a bigger sample size of feedback for.

Am I correct in saying that the conservative crimesquad is only in one city, depending on where you did your activism?

The safehouses should crop up one to each city. Besides their safehouse locations... nothing else about the CCS was changed, so who knows.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2013, 08:29:08 am »

Now that the entirety of the US will be in play, there should be an option to revolt and form the Liberal States of America. It could function similar to the revolution in Sid Meier's Colonization, where you can revolt anytime you have enough support from your citizens(squad mates?), but if you don't have the necessary defenses, you get squashed by the Royal Expeditionary Force (the Army).
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2013, 09:15:22 am »

That would be essentially a completely different game.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2013, 09:51:54 am »

That would be essentially a completely different game.
It started becoming a different game when we added different cities.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25