Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: National LCS Revisited (4.07.4 Beta Release!)  (Read 103969 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: National LCS Revisited (4.07.4 Beta Release!)
« Reply #345 on: May 13, 2014, 08:55:20 am »

Does anyone have a download for the latest version?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 13, 2014, 02:55:07 pm »

I don't think there has been a new release, I can pull up the latest experimental in this thread though.

Edit: Er, isn't it at the OP of this thread? Unless I'm missing some new version...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 02:57:41 pm by Cheedows »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 14, 2014, 08:34:06 am »

I meant the experimental build, sorry. All of the ones in the thread have either expired or register as viruses.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 22, 2014, 04:25:53 am »

How about reducing/limiting ammo capacity whenever some gun control law demands it? Gotta be liberal, right? Semi-auto pistols set to a max of 10 rounds and such.
Different for each game/law, yes? Goootta mess with the player. (Minimum of 5 rounds in a pistol. Teehee.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:13:59 pm by Slax »

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 26, 2014, 10:52:14 pm »

...as if pistols are already barely used. Also, could it apply to all people with guns?

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 29, 2014, 07:08:51 pm »

Drugs are liberal, right? Why not let us buy and use some? Nom down some PCP and go on a melee killing spree... while tearing your clothes off!
Just don't overdo it and hurt your health or get a heart attack.

Step

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2014, 12:11:17 pm »

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but it looks like dates are still broken in the latest revision (764). I can't seduce vigilantes at all, they never call me back after a few dates. Which would have been pretty realistic, if this bug didn't wipe all of my dates at once.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 16, 2014, 02:27:43 pm »

There is a bug with dating in the LCS code (there's a thread around where where I found and fixed it). Basically, saving and reloading the game causes you to lose your dates, which makes dating high-level conservatives difficulty.

Conservatives also get a bonus to their Wisdom roll depending on how much juice they have. A conservative with 1000 juice (for example, a C+ president) will have juice-modified Wisdom check results of 100 or more. It is mathematically impossible for a Liberal to be able to even come close to that, no matter how good the seduction skill. I can conceive of leaving this in the game as-is for game balance, but in future mods I might have the modifier depend on the juice of the seducing Liberal.

That said, the garden-variety vigilantes are low enough in juice that you should be able to seduce them if you try hard enough. Vacations in particular are quite effective, and vigilantes have about as much juice as police gang units, who can be seduced successfully even without using vacations.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 22, 2014, 12:53:11 am »

You know what's fun? A jailbreak... with a vehicle and chain! Works in the movies, doesn't it? Create a new handy dandy entry/exit point with the help of some major leverage.
Probably best applied to police or court jails.

Darael

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 16, 2014, 03:11:56 pm »

Have a bugrep, albeit one which may or may not apply to the most-recently-posted beta.

Rev 761, which began the process of changing things to an improved character set, causes my basemode screen to look like this:
Spoiler: big image (click to show/hide)

...where previously it looked like this:
Spoiler: slightly smaller image (click to show/hide)

This is running on Linux (tested: Debian Testing (which is currently Jessie) and Ubuntu 13.10, with libncursesw (libncurses is present but the configure script selects the version with wide-character support) versions 5.9+20140118-1 and 5.9+20130608-1ubuntu1 respectively).

I appreciate the effort to get things to look better, but it seems clear that something is amiss here.

Unfortunately, the problem has not been fixed so far (at the time of writing, rev 781).  I was only able to identify r761 as the start of the problem thanks to git-svn and git-bisect.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:14:05 pm by Darael »

Mazur

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad as a March Hatter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 24, 2014, 12:27:32 pm »

You know what's fun? A jailbreak... with a vehicle and chain! Works in the movies, doesn't it? Create a new handy dandy entry/exit point with the help of some major leverage.
Probably best applied to police or court jails.
It's been done, hence reinforced modern walls that can withstand such an easy breakout.

It could be done with building site vehicles perhaps, which, due to their slowness, would have to be abandoned after a quick assault on the prison wall, since they are too slow for escape.  They would also have to be "liberated" first, in another moment of police risk, which might be reduced with forged paperwork in addition to an appropriate disguise?

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 14, 2014, 06:05:10 am »

Hey guys, silly question but I have not been around in months. Is Jonathan S. Fox still working on LCS? I have not seen an update to the experimental since early july when looking back at it.
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Darael

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 14, 2014, 11:07:01 am »

Hey guys, silly question but I have not been around in months. Is Jonathan S. Fox still working on LCS? I have not seen an update to the experimental since early july when looking back at it.

He took a break, although other people have been working on it.  Last I'd heard he was asking people to fill him in on what updates had been made during his hiatus.  There haven't been many experimental builds posted, but there's lots of new work in svn, so if you're comfortable compiling the game do check out the source and build it; some of the updates are really cool.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #358 on: August 14, 2014, 11:31:08 pm »

I've been casually doing a few things with the game lately, but no big push.

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 15, 2014, 12:27:42 pm »

I've been casually doing a few things with the game lately, but no big push.

That's fine. I was just wondering if there is any work being done on it at all :).
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25