Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: National LCS Revisited (4.07.4 Beta Release!)  (Read 103982 times)

GoatFoam

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: National LCS Revisited (4.07.4 Beta Release!)
« Reply #360 on: August 16, 2014, 03:05:25 am »

Hi,

I have made a couple of changes to the loading and saving code to fix a crash reloading the game on 64 bit linux systems.

I just realised that 4.06.3 isn't the latest, and I don't have access to your svn repo so I will just leave the code here...  http://www.spectral3d.co.uk/misc/saveload.cpp

Changes are pretty simple.  There seem to be a lot of cases where int and long are used interchangeably, and inconsistently.  This breaks in 64 bit of course.

I also caught a few cases where ints are being serialised as chars etc.  This is going to break save compatibility so probably wants to be looked at.

I also stuck some repetitive string loading and saving into a pair of functions.

My 1am noes suggest that I modified:

seed, cursquadid, selectedsiege

and the following components of location

parent, hidden, highsecurity, compound_stores

There are probably a bunch of things I missed, but at least I can run it twice without crashing now :)

Sitokirment

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 13, 2014, 06:22:00 pm »

Is LCS dead, guys? :-[

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 14, 2014, 11:10:36 pm »

Dead? How can you say that? A new version came out this past month!

Uristsonsonson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 27, 2014, 03:49:39 am »

Where can you find the newest version?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 27, 2014, 10:14:01 am »

Not sure where you can get the binary, but the latest source is here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lcsgame/

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 11, 2014, 05:41:13 pm »

you say this is the most recent, but the version number is 4.06, and we are in the 4.07.04 thread... is this just bad naming, or was an older version reuploaded recently?
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 11, 2014, 09:27:47 pm »

Probably the names haven't been updated. Honestly I'm only peripherally involved in the most currently updated code. Liberal Elitist could probably answer this when he returns from vacation.

Uristsonsonson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 11, 2014, 11:51:36 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=145232.0

I don't know if it's official or not, but I think this is the newest release so far. It has background music.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 13, 2014, 01:55:06 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=145232.0

I don't know if it's official or not, but I think this is the newest release so far. It has background music.

It's unofficial, I just used the fact that someone went through the trouble of putting compiled .exes of the game in one of the folders in the source code, so it was just a matter of downloading all the resources manually and reuploading just the stuff necessary to play in a single package.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 27, 2015, 10:42:58 pm »

I'm unable to recruit in any city but Seattle.... it lets me try to recruit, and the prospect agrees to a meeting--but then the meeting never happens. Known bug?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 29, 2015, 07:06:22 pm »

I'm unable to recruit in any city but Seattle.... it lets me try to recruit, and the prospect agrees to a meeting--but then the meeting never happens. Known bug?
Same's happening with me.

Also, why doesn't the President actually show up in the Oval Office, even when the game says that he did?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 20, 2015, 03:35:58 pm »

Given that you can encounter the president the talk to them (or kidnap them if you go for more drastic measures) is it possible to recruit him/her? Moreover, can you make the president one of your sleeper agents?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]