Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: i wonder what the mountainhomes are doing  (Read 479 times)

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
i wonder what the mountainhomes are doing
« on: April 25, 2013, 04:10:23 pm »

my theory is that it's kind of like Valhalla up there.

Each day in the fortress of Splendid Roc, i reminiscent fondly about my times in the mountainhomes. i worked as a lowly adviser to duke peachbottom, whom in turn addressed the king. there was a lot of paperwork, occasionally fighting, but life went on as normal. break time was the best time. all dwarves strive for two: to be a great warrior, or a great blacksmith. Some say a legendary brewer is their dream, but us advisers scoffed at the idea. too mundane for the likes of us. even worse than paperwork i'd say.

anyways at breaktime, most of us would practice fighting. the guards would often lend us their weapons. and we would practice. we were good friends with the guards.they lend us their weapons, and we would persuade the duke to give them a little bonus, usually in the form of drinks or coin. peachbottom understands. "they work so hard to keep the peace" she'd say.

ironically it was not others who claimed us, but our own poor planning. the mountainhomes were never good for planting, and the few fields we have, though often low in yield, was sufficient to make all we need. recently there was a population boom, a vast amount of babies born. we mountain dwarves believe alcohol makes strong dwarves, and no right minded dwarf would call himself a dwarf unless he could back it up at the tavern. we fed our babies booze to make them strong. some say it's better than milk.

Peachbottom decreeed that a small group of citizens would settle in a more fertile country, where fields were plentiful for booze making. an exhibition group was to build a hamlet, where within a year or two more dwarves from the mountain homes would settle there.

this is where we are. the Splendid Roc. it is the first year. 6 months have passed. winter has arrived. and i am your leader.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.