Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bronzebanners III: After the Wicked Midnight  (Read 1192 times)

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
Bronzebanners III: After the Wicked Midnight
« on: May 03, 2013, 03:33:41 pm »

Bronzebanners III: After the Wicked Midnight
Alright, so my other thread (The Beginning, Again) and the two adventure mode challenges found here (Adventurer Needed parts 1 and 2) and here (Adventurer Needed part 3)

The dwarves are a stubborn race and, upon hearing that the monsters who destroyed the previous settlement had been eliminated, the Mountainhomes were quick to dispatch a new group of settlers. Given the inherent danger of this site, they elected to only send 7 dwarves, and for this dangerous assignment they again chose six convicts and a disgraced beaurecrat.

They have been banded together into a group called Sobirnicat, 'The Released Chains' and sent out for the glory of The Curled Rock.

Udil Urrithkeskal ('Scarshoots')
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stinthad Rabedtun ('Freckledoor')

Nish Adcerol ('Sunlens')

Meng Eshtanengig ('Smithflax')

Likot Unibdakas ('Ragcolor')

Id Letmosamem ('Cobaltcurls')

Avuz Vabokcatten ('Orbchannels')

I'll keep the narration from their point of view, and if any of them die I'll replace them with one new dwarf. I don't want to try and get to know every single dwarf, given their... lack of longevity. But seven I can handle.

I'll put updates here when I add to the story but it can also be found on my blog Elleshaped.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 09:34:05 am by EBannion »
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Bronzebanners III: After the Wicked Midnight
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 05:57:49 pm »

I am hoping for at least a statue in honour of Kogan the bad-ass slicing the head off a Forgotten Beast in the new fort :)

Good luck!

I think it is also possible for retired adventurers to appear as migrants; if Kogan appears please remember to lock him in a lead-lined room in a dark corner of the fortress...
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 07:30:19 pm »

I am hoping for at least a statue in honour of Kogan the bad-ass slicing the head off a Forgotten Beast in the new fort :)

Good luck!

I think it is also possible for retired adventurers to appear as migrants; if Kogan appears please remember to lock him in a lead-lined room in a dark corner of the fortress...

A hero of his stature deserves at least a pitchblende-lined room.

<grin>

He was a member of The Curled Rock? 'cause if so I'ma definitely gonna keep an eye out for him.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 07:30:31 am »

I can't honestly remember - I think there were a few different civs to choose from for each race and I chose the one whose mountainhome was closest to Bronzebanners, in the vain hope that I would spawn reasonably close (and it seemed to work).

Will be following your progress :)
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.