Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Deity: Hero & Avatar Antics  (Read 10228 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Roll to Deity: Hero & Avatar Antics
« on: April 27, 2013, 05:55:12 am »

Other Threads

Petition/Deity Thread
Data Compendium

The Deity Petition thread is made separate from the Hero thread, to prevent clutter since deities are a noisy bunch.

Story

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hero Basics

Roll Modifier and Stats
Deity/Hero Interaction
Magical Artifacts and Generic Artifacts

Deity-slaying Empowerment

Apart from allowing to creation of one Generic Artifact, killing a deity also give the Champion +10 Luck and give one more voice to the Patron Deity.

For instance, a Patron Deity who killed one deity would have the voice the equivalent of a +2d6, and so forth.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:48:04 pm by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deity: Hero & Avatar Antics [Under Construction]
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 02:48:57 pm »

wake up at the end of my comatose hour, yawn, stretch, then glance around and see if anything showed up while i was asleep.

assuming nothing did, drink some water from my side cavern's spring, then go out and begin hunting for some food. work my way slowly upwards as i do so.

reminder: starts in hybrid form

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 01:17:45 am »

Oh, yes, right, I forgot negative modifiers. Please resubmit stats after I update some things.
Lenglon, your avatar already have a natural racial modifier, so these extra stats should conform to the limit.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 06:53:52 am »

Oh, yes, right, I forgot negative modifiers. Please resubmit stats after I update some things.
Lenglon, your avatar already have a natural racial modifier, so these extra stats should conform to the limit.
sounds good, updated in the spoiler below.
EDIT: apparently i can't count, fixed.

wake up at the end of my comatose hour, yawn, stretch, then glance around and see if anything showed up while i was asleep.

assuming nothing did, drink some water from my side cavern's spring, then go out and begin hunting for some food. work my way slowly upwards as i do so.

Current Form: Hybrid

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:53:59 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 10:57:37 am »

Spoiler: Enkidu (click to show/hide)
Edit: I realized that Enkimesh is a stupid conglomeration Enkidu and Gilgamesh, and Eknidu Enkidu is a much better name.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:36:38 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 03:58:05 am »

Irine: Wake up on moon

[auto] You respawn for the first time, after you were sent to nothingness after your creation. You are currently in semi-humanoid form.

Irine: Look around

The caverns you are in is dark, the sparkly, glowing ectoplasm that was generated upon your revival is dissipating rapidly into the void. A crimson glow in the distance indicate a magma pool.

[Mindpower , Eyesight (Racial Lack-of-Specialization): 1 - 3 - 2] As the ectoplasm-glow die down, you can't see any movement, not even with the help from your humanoid eyes.

[Mindpower, Hearing (Racial Specialization): 3 +3 -3] Your ears, however, tell you that there are some small critters near you, transfixed after witnessing your revival. You can't really pinpoint them, what with the noises of magma bubbling in the walls.

[Mindpower, Smell (Racial Specialization): 1 +2 -3] You are a bit distracted by the pungent smell of the fungi around you, though. (Temporary: -1 Mindpower)

(Experience: +0.15 Mindpower)

[Other actions canceled]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 04:07:50 am »

((... um,
it is asleep for the first hour after spawning or respawning, no matter what occurs to it during this hour
They're still staring at me, and the ectoplasm is still there, after an hour?))

sit still and allow my eyes, ears, and nose to adjust to the darkness, sounds, and smells around me.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 04:24:15 am »

(D'oh, I forgot the sleeping part. But let's just assume ectoplasm is tenacious, although, now there isn't really a reason for the critters to stay there, so I guess let's say they are not here)

Irine: sit still and allow my eyes, ears, and nose to adjust to the darkness, sounds, and smells around me.

[Finesse: 5 - 2] You sit still to adjust your senses and tune out the smell of the mushrooms.

Mushroom dizziness dispelled. +1 in perception-related tasks until change of environment.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 01:39:07 pm »

Enkidu:

Assume that he/I was asleep, and wake up.

Pick up spear, and take in surroundings.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 01:43:30 pm »

gather some of the local plants and try to weave them into a waterproof bag, then fill it with water from the nearby spring.

just a reminder, because knowing what plants can work for this task, and knowing that the spring is safe to drink from, really matters.
upon spawning or respawning, the avatar does know:
     its own identity and abilities, in full detail.
     the functionality of physics, time, chemistry, the petition system, the physical properties of creatures, locations of planets, the appearance of other avatars, etc. at the level of an expert on the subject
     where it is, and everything around it within a 1 mile radius, at the level of a local.
however the above list of information is not updated as changes occur.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 09:52:30 pm »

Enkidu: Assume that he/I was asleep, and wake up. Pick up spear, and take in surroundings.

[auto] You wake up. You are residing in the part of the cavern inhabited by 14 more of your kind. You pick up your spear.

The area around you is lighted by the glowing lichens. The part you are standing at right now has four exits.

Exit 1 and 2: You see more of your tribesmen waking up.

Exit 3 and 4: Leads outside the protected sanctuary of your settlement.

Irine: gather some of the local plants and try to weave them into a waterproof bag, then fill it with water from the nearby spring.

[Finesse: 1 -2] You mess up trying to weave a waterskin, and cut yourself while handling the leaves.

EDIT: Irine gains +0.05 in Finesse from failing
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 10:11:15 pm by Objective »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 10:01:28 pm »

"ow ow ow ow ow"
Lick my papercut finger before trying again

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 10:24:38 pm »

"ow ow ow ow ow"
Lick my papercut finger before trying again

Irine: Lick my papercut finger before trying again

[Strength: 6 -4 +1 Racial] You lick your cut finger. It doesn't do much apart from having you taste your blood.

[Finesse: 3 -2 +1 Racial +1 Circumstantial] Taking care not to mess up again, you retry weaving a waterskin. You have a feeling that it can't really hold much water before spilling out, but at least you now got a waterskin.

Then fill it with water from the nearby spring.

[Finesse: 1 -2 +1 Racial] Despite carefully trying not to overfill your waterskin, it still burst apart.

Deitydamnit.

[+0.05 Finesse. I forgot Irine's physical racial bonus earlier.]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:11:03 pm by Objective »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 11:03:09 pm »

"Lenglon damn it"
Try. Again.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 11:22:17 pm »

"Lenglon damn it"
Try. Again.

Try. Again.

[Finesse: 6 -2 +1 Racial +2 Circumstantial] You repair the waterskin. While repairing it, you realize that if you add several layers to it, the waterskin will be strengthened and more impermeable.

It's no artifact, but it's pretty well-made now.

[Finesse: 3 -2 +1 Racial +2 Equipment] You fill your waterskin.

Finally.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7