Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Science Experiment:Butchering Yourself and other Sentients  (Read 3719 times)

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Science Experiment:Butchering Yourself and other Sentients
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 01:18:19 am »

could this possibly work in Fortress Mode too? lock your butcher in the workshop, wait for butcher to start starving, order sentient to be butchered, profit??  :o

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 08:42:29 am »

could this possibly work in Fortress Mode too? lock your butcher in the workshop, wait for butcher to start starving, order sentient to be butchered, profit??  :o
Time for some more Science.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 02:41:50 pm »

well they have a safety loophole of stopping what they were doing and hunt down a vermin to cram down their maw.
though getting sentients to be butcher is as easy as slapping a slaughter flag on a tamed unit and watching the dwarf drag the unit to their doom.
getting them to cook said stuff is another bag of worms.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Jahsg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 08:44:53 pm »

The human being (also referred to throughout culinary history as "long pig" and "hairless goat" in the case of younger specimens) is not generally thought of as a staple food source. Observing the anatomy and skeleton, one can see that the animal is neither built nor bred for its meat, and as such will not provide nearly as much flesh as a pig or cow (for example, an average 1000 pound steer breaks down to provide 432 pounds of saleable beef). The large central pelvis and broad shoulder blades also interfere with achieving perfect cuts. There are advantages to this however, especially due to the fact that the typical specimen will weigh between 100-200 pounds, easily manipulated by one person with sufficient leverage.

- The Church of Euthanasia "Butchering the Human Carcass for Human Consumption"

trekkie5249

• Bay Watcher
  • Phaser Rifleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 06:31:30 pm »

Simple solution: Just remove the ethic that prevents butchering sentients, and you won't need to starve yourself.
The only problem with The Next Generation was Wesley never had a terrible airlock or engineering bay related accident that left just slush.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 07:21:25 pm »

Simple solution: Just remove the ethic that prevents butchering sentients, and you won't need to starve yourself.

That doesn't work in adventure mode. Playing as an elf or goblin will not allow you to butcher sentients unless you are starving, even though the ethics say you should be able to.
Pages: 1 [2]