Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No Coal/Lignite?  (Read 9791 times)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Coal/Lignite?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 07:58:08 am »

I'm on an embark with shallow bauxite and limestone, I'm pretty sure those are sedimentary layers.  I also have a brook with no aquifer, and no coal.  But that's ok, its heavily forested and you can import a ton of wood.

Plus tree farms.  These days I don't worry about getting all weapon-grade metals in my embark at all.  A little bit of deep marble is all you need really to have access to everything.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 09:32:24 am »

Uh... So, it always seems like a lot of micro-management and work for me to produce weapons and armor for a full 10 dorf squad. A LOT of wood as well. I had made full candy armor/weapons before, and before that full steel everything. I did it all with wood, and it took forever. For the steel, it took maybe 3 in-game years.
For the Candy, even longer!
Seems like everybody uses magma forges. Mind showing me a design for making one? Preferably closer to the surface so that the wood haulers don't have to haul it all the way down there. Or charcoal haulers... None the less!

Thanks in Advance--
AlwayzL3git
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.
So will the dwarf with the broken spine recover and use a crutch?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 02:58:56 pm »

try working with the new minecarts. Then you don't have to haul it piece by piece. I think it was mainly designed for long distance bulk hauling like this. Alternatively, just use iron stuff. It's good enough for almost all battles
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 05:01:53 pm »

try working with the new minecarts. Then you don't have to haul it piece by piece. I think it was mainly designed for long distance bulk hauling like this. Alternatively, just use iron stuff. It's good enough for almost all battles
GOOD ENOUGH!?
Since when does a Dwarf Fortress Player say this!?
Don't get me wrong, Dorfs themselves say this all the time.
I want to use Candy Armor, Silver Hammers, Candy Axes and Spears!
Even steel isn't good enough for me...
I'm a try-hard. I will try that minecart system, but I feel as if maybe I can pump the magma to where I need it. Idk, probably not worth it.
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 05:27:55 pm »

You were the one who started it by complaining about things taking too long and such! I just offered the lazy dwarf option!   :P

and yeah, pump stacks still work
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2013, 08:48:59 pm »

You were the one who started it by complaining about things taking too long and such! I just offered the lazy dwarf option!   :P

and yeah, pump stacks still work
Ah. Huh. I suppose this might end (Horribly Wrong) well.
Pages: 1 [2]