Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: M.A.G.U.S. Project: On Hiatus Until ???  (Read 9092 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: M.A.G.U.S. Project: No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2013, 09:18:24 pm »

((Hey GWG, you wanna play some pokemon with these mercs?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2013, 09:50:31 pm »

Embiggening the animal
It's a perfectly cromulent spell.

"I! AM! AWESOME!"

Try to avoid my giant bird. If it's still attacking my enemies, rRepeat the process I did last turn!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:36:56 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2013, 10:12:40 pm »

Embiggening the animal
It's a perfectly cromulent spell.

"I! AM! AWESOME!"

Try to avoid my giant bird. If it's still attacking my enemies, repeat the process I did last turn!
((Yafnag kinda killed the bird last turn))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2013, 04:51:44 am »

Time to bushwack
Shape my hair into a machete, and start hacking through the jungle heading towards the center of the island.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2013, 11:35:49 pm »

Would Force (ie telekenisis) be all right for a major element?
Disregard, saw it in the list.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:41:17 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: M.A.G.U.S. Project: A Small Break
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2013, 10:19:29 pm »

Expect a small hiatus in this, lasting until sometime this weekend. Some... interesting... stuff has come up, and between it, regular life, and Looter's Delight, I don't have a great deal of unspent time. Fortunately, the incident looks as if it can be resolved by this weekend, so I hope that I won't have to keep you guys waiting for very long.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2013, 10:28:04 pm »

May whatever issue it is be resolved quickly and with little sadness.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2013, 11:23:09 pm »

Oh, don't worry, it's not sad in the least bit. It's just quite interesting and exciting, that's all. And before anyone asks, it's not girls (My life isn't THAT exciting, goodness) or even guys (Sorry fellas, but I just don't swing that way). It's more like... an adventure. Yeah, that's it. An honest to goodness adventure; as if having massive family reunions and collecting books on black magic (None of it works, unless you count the time I used the Fifth Pentacle of Mars to repel a horrifying entity... Damned Jehovah's Witnesses) wasn't awesome enough. Of course, I can't just leave school and run away from home for it (I wanna major in paleontology, and my parents want me to be an engineer, and neither option turns skipping school into a good idea), but I'm gonna be spending more or less every hour of my day once I get home from school outdoors. As for what I'm doing... Nah, I'll keep you in suspense. It'll give you something to look forward to while you wait (Other than the update, of course). Well, I'll see you all when I have the time, but until then, au revoir, mis amis!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2013, 11:30:25 pm »

Oh, don't worry, it's not sad in the least bit. It's just quite interesting and exciting, that's all. And before anyone asks, it's not girls (My life isn't THAT exciting, goodness) or even guys (Sorry fellas, but I just don't swing that way). It's more like... an adventure. Yeah, that's it. An honest to goodness adventure; as if having massive family reunions and collecting books on black magic (None of it works, unless you count the time I used the Fifth Pentacle of Mars to repel a horrifying entity... Damned Jehovah's Witnesses) wasn't awesome enough. Of course, I can't just leave school and run away from home for it (I wanna major in paleontology, and my parents want me to be an engineer, and neither option turns skipping school into a good idea), but I'm gonna be spending more or less every hour of my day once I get home from school outdoors. As for what I'm doing... Nah, I'll keep you in suspense. It'll give you something to look forward to while you wait (Other than the update, of course). Well, I'll see you all when I have the time, but until then, au revoir, mis amis!
I am jealous of you, you magnificent bastard.
How'd summoning that one demon from a while back go?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2013, 11:33:30 pm »

You know with all these posts GMs make on their lives it makes me want to just write it all in a journal so when people ask I pull that shit out and tell them.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2013, 09:17:35 pm »

Well, until I get back to updating games, this thread is gonna become sort of an adventure log for those interested.

Anyways, my 'adventure' is really just me exploring the abandoned buildings in the woods near my house, which is still pretty cool, especially considering the stuff that I found today. I guess I'll start with the burned-down mansion. It's this big building, or at least it was until the owners burned it down to commit insurance fraud maybe 30 years ago. They got caught though, and were evicted from the property, which now covered in a grove of young 12-foot high pine trees, except for bits of the foundation, which are made of either stone or very smooth concrete. One of those bits where the foundation is showing has a big rusty iron hatch on it, leading to what must have been the basement. I really wanna see what's down there, so I'll probably bring a crowbar tomorrow and try to pry it open so that I can do some exploring.

Then there's the overgrown shed. Or at least it was overgrown until today, when I cleared what must have been about 15 years of plant growth off of the thing. The windows are all broken, but there's too much jagged glass for me to climb in safely, and there's a really old rusty padlock on the door. It won't be too much trouble to break with all of the rust and all, especially when I bring my crowbar tomorrow.

Finally there's the cabin. It's a pretty small wooden building, which looks as if it was built during the colonial era, although part of me doubts this due to how well it's held up on the inside. Still, that almost makes it stranger, because the land that it's on has been in my family for a very long time, and neither my parents nor my grandparents know anything about it. It was even more overgrown than the shed, to the point where I couldn't see the walls of it, and the door fell in while I was clearing away the poison ivy and kudzu with my machete. The inside was pretty beat up, but still in a lot better condition than the outside. The bedroom especially was in good condition, and there's a heavy chest inside which I'm gonna crowbar my way through tomorrow.

A little lesson to any future adventurers out there: Always bring a crowbar. If it's good enough for Gordon Freeman, it's good enough for anyone.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: M.A.G.U.S. Project: Adventure Log Until This Weekend
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2013, 09:21:13 pm »

What game is this adventure?
Sig

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2013, 10:11:27 pm »

What game is this adventure?

Just my life, which is being interesting again. Although now that you mention it, I do own a copy of RPG Maker. Once this investigation and exploration of nearby buildings is done, perhaps I'll embellish the story a bit and turn it into a game. Maybe even a trilogy, with the first entry being Shed, the second as Cabin, and the final installment being Mansion. I'm sure I could throw a bit of a dark plot onto it, and have something pretty decent. But for now, I must get my crowbar and prepare for tomorrow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2013, 10:23:15 pm »

Ooh...

Can't wait for the next bit! And that game sounds fun.
Sig

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 06:19:41 am »

((Can we have pics if possible?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5