Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 130633 times)

Idranel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 02:36:23 pm »

I didn't own a ship.

I only ended up getting a ship because someone GAVE me one.

Which sort of ruins the point of the game.

Oh don't worry. There is little point in playing that pseudo-game right now. Better wait and check back in a few years :P

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 02:49:33 pm »

Oh don't worry. There is little point in playing that pseudo-game right now. Better wait and check back in a few years :P

Glad to hear that I have a genuine excuse to wait with this game.
Because UGH! at the lags (and graphics, to some extent).

As tolerant as I am when it comes to presentation, Shores of Hazeron is just simply ugly and has little to no charm to it.
I might check back later on, but now I just can't get past those two issues.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 03:36:37 pm »

Chances are, your ship has fallen apart, your officers have all committed suicide, and your empire is in ruins (if it still exists at all). Sorry!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 06:21:41 pm »

This seems interesting.  It is worth a shot?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 06:55:16 pm »

If you can get a group together, yes. Solo, it gets boring pretty quickly once you hit space.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 08:03:06 pm »

I would really recommend if Bay12 wants to get back into it as a group, to wait for a reset, which the dev (Haxus) is planning sometime after fixing bases, some bugs, ringworlds, and some other misc stuff (with a warning first.)  New planets still need a lot of love, and there are even more crashes than before + memory leaks.  You can check out the building designer though without much trouble, and we are even getting default models from the community for the buildings.

Also, if anyone hasn't figured it out here, I'm Ikkir Isth on Hazeron forums.  I talk with Haxus directly over the phone and get bugs / suggestions from the community.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 03:57:42 am »

I used to play this solo, starting an Empire (of one...) and heading off into Space.

It does get a little restrictive on your own eventually, but by then you'll have put a fair few hours in to colonising and exploiting your own solar system and creating new ships.

I think the most fun to be had is starting on your own (and hoping your system isn't close to that of a dickish empire) and having fun on your own building your empire in your current system - and enjoying creating ships and starbases - and THEN asking a few good friends to join you.

That way, you get to have a lot of fun in a single-player open universe simulation before expanding. You could then get a friend to govern that system, and set off to colonise another.

IF there was ever a way for this game to be available as a single-player game - other empires can become totally dickish - I'd pay upwards of £50 for it. Genuinely. A single-player open universe colonisation simulation is something gaming is missing and nobody else seems to be bothering to develop.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 09:39:31 am »

IF there was ever a way for this game to be available as a single-player game - other empires can become totally dickish - I'd pay upwards of £50 for it. Genuinely. A single-player open universe colonisation simulation is something gaming is missing and nobody else seems to be bothering to develop.
Yeah sadly so far ive only seen vaporware :( even that infinitythungy i dont remember where he only have a combat prototype out been what? 4-5 year now?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2013, 05:02:48 pm »

I've just got in to the game recently and i find it really fun, if there will be a restart soon i migth be interested joining a DF empire... depending how it will be ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 07:03:46 am »

Lolbump.

Anyone still playing?

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 10:33:00 am »

Lolbump.

Anyone still playing?
I might at some point in the near future.

Thing is, B12 empires die very quickly.

It's not even just B12 empires. SoH as a whole has high burnout and turnover rates. I believe I remember reading at one point that 80%+ of empires in existence in SoH at any given time are abandoned.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 11:03:32 am »

I just started fiddling with a new empire.  How do I obtain items from my village?  Apparently the only way is to buy it?  I'm starving and my city has tons of food, and if I have to buy everything then it's going to get really lame really fast.  How would I afford anything like armor and such if my only possible commodities to sell are natural items?

Surely I'm missing something...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 11:07:38 am »

Work in the farm? Do jobs that pay oodles of cash, if those still exist, if your city even has any money to pay you? You will note that I am not bothering to log in to check, because overall Hazeron doesn't get better as time goes on - it gets worse.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 04:14:45 pm »

First get a bullion industry going, and then do jobs in the various buildings. You get paid for each job, so if you work in, say, an 8 level metal smelter, you can run all 8 processes yourself.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 04:25:16 pm »

Yes. Press that [work] button repeatedly. It is calling out to you. Press it even when it is greyed out and will give you no reward. Press it without mercy and without end. PRESS PRESS PRESS. The skinner box calls to you. Surrender to its siren call.

(Or you you could find something less awful to play)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 65