Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 130900 times)

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #885 on: September 09, 2020, 03:38:56 pm »

It's free again? And not that shitty offline alpha version years behind online version where most things don't actually work? I might again try to pick this up.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 09, 2020, 05:33:10 pm »

After spending a short while in the Primordial World(offline option), I'd say it's at least as broken as when I last played. I haven't even touched the ship/building designers.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 09, 2020, 09:28:04 pm »

Ah yes. That thing.
It is rather flimsy, so any weapon that can hit it is usually enough to destroy it, though energy weapons are recommended as far as I know. I think ballistic and missiles had problems hitting it if it goes to fast, or something to that effect.

It also happens only once for every Avatar, so if you miss it and get a new planet it won't happen again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 09, 2020, 11:08:48 pm »

There might be a "trick" to avoiding the asteroid. This was when it was pay to play though, but only a few month old information

Create character, enter the world
Make new character, enter the world

Surprise no asteroid

Granted may very well been luck or RNG, no promises.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 10, 2020, 07:46:53 am »

I accidentally destroyed my first asteroid, while I was logged off.

Edit: Ooof, just saw Haxus call it CoronaHoax.  Yeah still keeping my self away from him.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 08:03:08 am by Shooer »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 10, 2020, 06:44:55 pm »

Game broke for me somehow. I've managed to narrow it down to what looks like a permissions issue with the game executable located in the C:\User\<username>\Shores of Hazeron\Programs folder. The Commander app also fails to run.

Trying to run it from the launcher just closes the launcher. Trying to run the executable directly gives a permission error.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 10, 2020, 08:19:58 pm »

I accidentally destroyed my first asteroid, while I was logged off.

Edit: Ooof, just saw Haxus call it CoronaHoax.  Yeah still keeping my self away from him.
WHAT WHERE
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 11, 2020, 03:37:47 am »

My asteroid is coming some time tomorrow. I got 3 ships and a station waiting with energy guns, on Berserk.  :P

There might be a "trick" to avoiding the asteroid. This was when it was pay to play though, but only a few month old information
It seems if servers reset normally, or are down, it may cause asteroids to despawn..so people who are late to the party hope for a big limbo when it's coming.

But honestly, losing your homeworld doesn't mean anything other than for sentimental purposes. You can plop a colony on a moon and add tons of warehouses/storage to keep your stuff, and by that point if you still can't make the simplest of ships with any guns and really lose the planet, you can use Shipments to move everything to a better place of your choice. Due to the huge amount of building and pops you can hold even on small planets (in comparison to old Hazeron), the worst disadvantage of living outside Habitable is a -1 morale due to Harsh World.

I actually like this sort of addition and look forward to any sort of added crisis / pve / community stuff.

Game broke for me somehow.

If you use Discord and feel like it, Hazeron has a discord channel and folks know about all sorts of issues there.
https://discord.gg/CPrpDzJ

Not unexpected, still disappointing.  :P Though, I'm surprised on him now gathering feedback on stuff. 2 days ago I gave suggestions to the manufacturing screen, and today he released an update with the additions and more from other people. He also listened and investigated stuff (asteroids being expensive on the GPU) and I feel like the game became better, also today.
Definitely a pleasant surprise and an 180 from stuff I've seen before.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 03:44:26 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 11, 2020, 04:55:41 am »

Downloaded the latest update, and going into Primordial World works, but trying to open the designer locks up the game.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 11, 2020, 02:36:26 pm »

Huh what, this game still exists huh? What's it like now? Last I recall from playing eons ago it was fairly dead except for one (relatively) large group of players that owned most of the game universe. I never played long enough to encounter them, I don't think I even made any fancy spaceships, I just remember making a mini city on the planet and then making a moon base when I could, but that's as far as I got.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 11, 2020, 03:27:12 pm »

I'm on the PVE server. I know most do the PvP server, but no thanks. I like it as a city/space empire simulator. This is actually what I hoped SPORE space stage to be, and in fact after being so disappointed by SPORE space stage, I did so much looking for anything at all. Then eureka! Shores of hazeron was posted here already, tried it and was like "wow this is what I hoped spore to be like". Literally the only way I could find this game was this bay12 forum lol. It wasn't talked about really or posted anywhere else and google wasn't much (any) help either.

Is anyone else on the PVE server by chance?

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 11, 2020, 04:02:25 pm »

Also here is the sky on my planet I started on (PVE universe)

and...

Well...thats a lucky start

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 11, 2020, 09:26:19 pm »

Huh! I had played on and off during universe 5 and stopped a bit through universe 6 because of time constraints and I got burnt out. I thought my HW would get destroyed by asteroid though and it actually seems to have... not.

I got burnt out designing a huge station I wanted to build but apparently I haven't got invaded or killed yet so if anyone wants an empire to start from and jump directly into space trading / ship design / and exploration and stuff for me let me know  :D

..Well need to double check anyways. I'll try to find some time and at least finish my space station but I do have everything (lasers, shields, vulcanium) at least, except for warp. If anyone wants to help build up a bootstrap empire from my little developed planet I'll happily throw you in
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 12, 2020, 01:33:43 am »

Is anyone else on the PVE server by chance?

Yep I'm on it. Hmu on Discord or in-game, I'm Republic of Cantera. Character name G. Brennan.

I waited on my asteroid all day with 3 ships aaand..I missed the log message from 10 hours ago saying it "deorbited harmlessly into deep space".  :'(
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 12, 2020, 10:31:02 pm »

The lag is pretty bad today. Yesterday it was okay, but hopefully this doesn't become a thing again. Years ago when it was free to play, it was a huge issue. It was the main reason I quit despite being super addicted to it at the time. No lag at all when it was pay to play, but just a little tiny population boost seems like its enough to break the servers.

(edit: To clarify, the framerate was good. But randomly and often I'd pseudo-disconnect, where none of my orders were going through. Like trying to eat, my character wouldn't eat. So I'd relog, but then I couldn't reconnect cause it would just be logging in forever.

Was a huge issue today, and if tomorrow is the same then its not very playable again at least for me. Would be really disappointing, but its doing the same thing it used to do when it was free to play
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 12:37:25 am by Trolldefender99 »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 65