Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 130938 times)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #840 on: July 19, 2018, 04:34:26 am »

Hazeron is a really easy game to get excited about, but it's also a easy game to get burned out on. I still miss it but know if i played it i'd burn out in a few days / a week of playing.
As are most AAA games. I get so hyped about sandbox MMOs, and then grind too much and get burnt-out after losing my gear. It's ironic, because they leave a void in my heart afterwards.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #841 on: July 19, 2018, 10:55:17 am »

Though, biggest nostalgia factor about Hazeron?
Lag.
The fucking lag.
They don't make lag like it was back then anymore.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 19, 2018, 11:40:51 am »

my biggest nostalgia factor is the soft comms beep, or the gradual, laggy sound of an engine's acceleration: "wwo-wwooo-WHOOO-WOHHHHHHHHHHHH-HHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 19, 2018, 04:56:07 pm »

They don't make lag like it was back then anymore.

Bahaha I don't remember in which round of B12 empire, but someone here once asked me to move their ship away from a wormhole (due to that good old bug of many ships popping out of a wormhole and getting stuck inside each other). They left the doors locked so I used my incredible ping to seamlessly ignore the existence of their ship's door by flying into it at high speed.
If people that lived near the servers used to complain about lag, mine was beyond what mankind thought possible.

There's something really captivating about horrible graphics paired with complex mechanics (with unnecessarily complex usage) that always hit me in the feels.
Obligatory 2-year post where I say "I'm still watching and waiting for other game like this.", especially if it includes dynamic world/AI that's left scheming and moving in the dark (i.e. Hazeron + Space Rangers 2).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 04:57:44 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 19, 2018, 08:32:25 pm »

So I guess hangers don't store rockets. Cause I built 3 hangers, and none can store my rocket

And I guess I need a parking spot

Not a single parking spot option on any of the buildings I can build. And it doesn't show up in roads or anything.

Also, I built airport stuff and all the buildings there (only the radar I didn't build). But not a single building works for a rocket.

Do I need to research parking spots or something? Cause that be a bit weird  since parking spots are just a road, be a very stupid thing to need to research rofl. But obviously in the game its not just a road cause I have roads and they don't count lol. Maybe next time I play I should check if its a stupid idiotic research...unless I'm missing something else.

But kinda frustrating I can't use my rocket that I built, and not a single building works for rockets and roads dont work for rockets. I've been trying for a long time and no stupid rockets cause I need some stupid archaic parking thing that should work for normal roads lol. So far, this has been the worst experience in hazeron. I understood everything else, but these stupid parking spots are VERY badly made feature that need explaining. I should build a road anywhere and that counts as a parking spot lol. But its even worse, cause not a single thing I can build counts as a parking spot...

and if its a research, heck with this game I won't play if I have to research something so stupid for no reason but to make the person waste time researching the easiest thing to build ever. People use dirt roads and park on the side of the road lol. Yeah its a rocket, but put the rocket in middle of a road or something. Cause thats too stupid if I need to research parking spots lol.

But I'm probably missing something else about parking spots. I doubt something so dumb and easy to make in real life needs research.

Doesn't help either the wiki and nowhere else says how to make something that is supposed to be so simple to make...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 08:42:21 pm by Trolldefender99 »

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 19, 2018, 08:45:50 pm »

Sorry for double post. But I double checked university since I rage logged out. But I had to make sure there was no stupid parking spot research, and I couldn't see it in university research. If it was a research I'd have literally unsubbed and uninstalled rofl.

That means something so basic must be overly complicated to make in this game lol. That or I'm being dumb for past 3 hours and missing something super obvious, that is so obvious it doesnt need a wiki entry or have it stated anywhere lol. But I checked every single thing I can build, and none have parking spots
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 08:48:36 pm by Trolldefender99 »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 19, 2018, 08:55:13 pm »

Build a slab, which is a large flat road.

Any vehicle built is dumped onto neighboring slab, and most space craft support buildings need a slab next to them.

Honestly the only thing good thing the free-form non-grid construction added was a easier way to make runways.  But only marginally.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 19, 2018, 09:13:28 pm »

Build a slab, which is a large flat road.

Any vehicle built is dumped onto neighboring slab, and most space craft support buildings need a slab next to them.

Honestly the only thing good thing the free-form non-grid construction added was a easier way to make runways.  But only marginally.

Which is the first thing I did, I built a huge slab near my airport. maybe it needs to be right next to the rocket factory? But its pretty close. If not, in that case I'm screwed cause only water is near my rocket factory lol. Guess I'd have to rebuild and build an entire new rocket which be lame :(

But supposedly according to discord, you don't build slabs anymore. You have to build a building with parking spaces (but those aren't very obvious since it doesnt say in the description it comes with parking). I'm building a 2nd spacecraft factory that the blueprint comes with parking spaces and see if that doesn't work.

(edit: Yeah according to discord, slabs are for old style buildings. new style buildings have parking spaces. So maybe the building I'm constructing will work. It doesn't say it has parking, but it looks like it has space for rockets...unless its just for spaceships then I'm gonna be pissed again cause no building I have besides that one has what looks to be parking)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:18:50 pm by Trolldefender99 »

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 19, 2018, 09:37:09 pm »

I rebuilt the rocket factory and now have the first rocket. I guess the rocket factory actually comes with parking, but the buildings around it made the parking go underwater somehow. But I put it back on land its now working. So guess buildings come with parking spaces, mine just bugged out lol

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 19, 2018, 10:45:43 pm »

Shores of Hazeron is still on the Google Sheet of "Free Games".

I'm... I'm not sure if it still is or even was to begin with... Can I get any clarification on that?

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 19, 2018, 11:09:40 pm »

I'm... I'm not sure if it still is or even was to begin with... Can I get any clarification on that?
Was, once; now no longer.

yup, and trial isn't free either. Which I imagine most people are gonna be turned off by fact they have to pay 5 dollars for a trial. That and no email or any notification it even went through lol

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 20, 2018, 03:34:56 am »

It was free, now it has most ret*rded registration/payment process ever thought of and newcoming players aren't even told how much it costs:
Was thinking about going back, but what the F happened. This has 0% chance to gain population now. How the hell did Haxus think this is a good process:
1) You have to register to be told how much you have to pay to create account.
2) You will not get a mail or something, just a link to paypal on a page after providing email address. No going back if you close that page.
3) Still don't know how much it costs, because you are only told the 15-day entrance fee until you pay it.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 20, 2018, 03:28:02 pm »

I remember playing this. I liked the idea, but the city management got too micromanagey for me to enjoy.

Increase the population, and they're demanding service X. Service X requires ABC, which means you need to increase your population to support those industries. You increase your pop and make X, but now you have more pops so they're demanding service Y, which requires DEF...

Yeah, that part was getting annoying.

And I don't like the mechanic of trying to land on the moon. I'd go to the moon and then my ship would magically appear on the other side in one second...looked kinda weird and out of place. I'm guessing its some kinda atmospheric effect or whatever, maybe its realistic I dunno I'm not a scientist. But I don't think magically appearing on the other side of the moon in literally 1 second is very realistic if that was what it was going for...but it was pissing me off.

And the wiki and official hazeron website itself has too much out of date info. None of it is updated. That also was pissing me off lol.

And I don't want to play a game that stresses me out and pisses me off, since I get intense anxiety in real life from that.

So I uninstalled and won't be playing anymore. I'd have enjoyed the game a lot better if it had up to date info or a better tutorial or info in the actual game.

I've played dark souls, dwarf fortress, even that one 4x space game that I found on this forum...aurora or something. Popular thread, and its pretty much a spreadsheet but it was a ton of fun. None of those games gave/give me intense anxiety despite being hard (though dark souls I'd rage sometimes, but never got anxiety from it). Cause for one, all of them make sense, and have tons of info on how to do stuff lol.

(edit: As for moon/planet thing. I like how no man's sky did it. You literally just enter the atmosphere and are on the planet. Which is actually how most of the space/planet games work. So I dunno why when trying to do the task of landing on a moon would teleport you to the opposite side of it. It made no sense and caused me great stress lol. And that is not realistic, cause I don't think when Man landed on the moon their rocket teleported to the other side of it.

It also didn't matter how fast or slow I was going, or even if my engines were off. I'd just teleport to the other side of the moon and keep flying through space. That is broken or if it was aimed for realism (dunno), then that is the opposite of realism and still broken lol.

And it didn't help that there is literally nearly no updated info on how to do anything. I guess game changed so much and no one bothered to update stuff.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 03:50:59 pm by Trolldefender99 »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 20, 2018, 04:26:14 pm »

Gave the offline world a try(yes there is one), and goddamn the interface is clunky as hell, and poorly programmed on top of that. I remember it being significantly better. At least, back then it didn't perform what looks like a resolution change(there might be a more accurate term) every time you open or close a window.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 20, 2018, 05:36:20 pm »

Gave the offline world a try(yes there is one), and goddamn the interface is clunky as hell, and poorly programmed on top of that. I remember it being significantly better. At least, back then it didn't perform what looks like a resolution change(there might be a more accurate term) every time you open or close a window.

it actually DOES change the resolution. If I open a window, for a brief second it shows what the resolution changed to, probably since the interface window takes up room from the actual game.

And yeah, I think the interface is pretty poor. Was another reason I was getting frustrated and quit lol. Even as complex as dwarf fortress is makes and made more sense even when I was new to DF lol.

For me. Not worth the 5 dollars tbh. Kinda feel ripped off, especially since a trial is supposed to be a trial to begin with. Not pay for X amount of days, which isn't a trial. Too much poorly explained and outdated documentation, but also broken mechanic of landing on the moon and then literally teleporting behind the moon to keep drifting off into space.

Maybe it was better when it was newer lol.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 65