Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 130305 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #945 on: April 01, 2022, 03:38:05 pm »

How get game?

For accounts, here
For download, here

Wait, this game is still kicking around? Thought it died went pay to play then died again. How is it these days?
More or less the same? Probably more stable than you'd think in some areas, with some new issues - as it always were, stuff gets fixed but even weirder stuff may come out of it.
All in all, I always had the worse lag from everyone I knew yet I'm playing fine for the most part.

The only current big issue for me is "quantum yeeting", where your ship gets thrown to the middle of nowhere, for no reason, and the only solution is to self-destruct it and lose everyhing on it.
You can still respawn it (without cargo or crew), but it really ruins plans or fun some times.
Some people never get it. Some, like me, get it a lot. I'm still trying to find ways to reproduce it or at least a hint of what could cause it - currently I suspect its due to certain Space Station designs, but no clue if true.

Other than quantum yeeting and occasional weirdness - prime component of the Hazeron experience - I'm having a good time.

E: Oh also, I've killed the Asteroid manually for the first time - previous times it either disappeared on its own or got killed by my defenses - and I discovered that giving a ship the Follow Order to follow it may just make the ship decide to suicide itself in the name of the Empire. Destroys the Asteroid, destroyrs your ship, and ejects you into space along with the body of your crewmates to watch the asteroid breaking up up close. Fun times.

Nice April Fools Joke! Your links are fake!

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 01, 2022, 05:17:17 pm »

I'm on a remote location currently doing a bit of a search for a Ringworld, while farming for Officers and looking out for high quality materials.
Feel free to post questions here and I will aid if I can!
How get game?
site
https://www.hazeron.com
download
https://www.hazeron.com/downloads.php
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 01, 2022, 06:19:01 pm »

Fixed the links. Take that as April Fools, sure, and not me multitasking way more than I should and messing up the links.  :P :'(
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 01, 2022, 09:54:37 pm »

glad to see the game is up and running again. funny i thought Hazeron Starship was already released but i guess it still needs a bit more time. hope it gets some commercial sucess to keep the mmo running for more time.

bateau-de-coal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 03, 2022, 10:53:11 am »

After playing for a few days, I find this game of great fun. Some of the bugs I encountered were actually caused by lag. It is not as glitchy as it firstly appears.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 03, 2022, 12:04:35 pm »

Ah, Shores of Hazeron, the greatest game that I'll never get to play.
Apparently, the game won't let me actually create a character...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 04, 2022, 10:58:18 pm »

There's plenty of quirks and small issues, that's for sure. If the developer doesn't refresh the servers for too long, eventually the game lags or tries to implode.
I've had the same issue with creating character. Often, just restarting the game and creating the character with a different name helps. Make sure to save your character template (DNA) so if the worse happens you don't lose all your customization.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 07, 2022, 03:31:18 am »

I had a bunch of SOH ships based on this design:

Thought I had some ingame screenshots, but unfortunately cant find them anywhere.
I think the last one even has working landing gear (the legs and ramp would retract when taking off etc).
If anyone wants these, flick me a PM with your email and I'll send you the SOH files I've got.
they're mid/low tech iirc.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 03:33:28 am by se5a »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 08, 2022, 03:35:30 pm »

Very cool design. Sorta reminds me of the Hiver ships in Sword of the Stars.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 09, 2022, 06:00:23 pm »

Don't make a 4th gen character, stick with the 3rd. The new characters are not finished.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 10, 2022, 04:57:04 pm »

Very cool design. Sorta reminds me of the Hiver ships in Sword of the Stars.

Thanks, ;-)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 10, 2022, 05:51:31 pm »

There's plenty of quirks and small issues, that's for sure. If the developer doesn't refresh the servers for too long, eventually the game lags or tries to implode.
I've had the same issue with creating character. Often, just restarting the game and creating the character with a different name helps. Make sure to save your character template (DNA) so if the worse happens you don't lose all your customization.

Nope, its still a useless pile of crap.

I was NOT able to create a character even by renaming the character.  And trying to create a new login name for myself...got ugly fast.

bateau-de-coal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 11, 2022, 12:02:11 am »

SoH has become very crashy for me now, but at least I've played it for about a month without major problems. It's a very good game, when it's playable. I wonder if there's any other game like this, where you can fly around in the space. Preferably it's one of the less-known and independent from steam. As I'm in China, steam is blocked 9 out of 10 times. Popular ones like EVE seem to be all blocked, too.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 12, 2022, 02:24:00 am »

Pioneer is open source, so should work?
You can never leave the ship, but you can fly around the galaxy.  Like, the entire galaxy, if you have the time.

bateau-de-coal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 12, 2022, 09:44:16 am »

Thanks, that looks very interesting. I'll try it.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65