Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trying out a child board for a mod  (Read 4841 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Trying out a child board for a mod
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:14:48 am »

Meph and I discussed adding a new board so the Masterwork topic could be spread out a bit without crowding the DF Modding board, so we're trying it out now.  I don't really have a feeling for which other mods will get child boards if this works out, and I don't want to rush too quickly in case it doesn't work.  Anyway, Meph should be posting new topics in here at some point, and others can post topics as well.  Existing topics can be moved over here at the leisure of their creators.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trying out a child board for a mod
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 04:38:47 am »

This is indeed a nice idea, considering that Masterwork uses a lot of resources from other mods (i.e modpack), and it also has a lot of modules (namely the racial modules, orcs, kobolds, etc.). This would sort out the clutter on the main modding forum.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 07:45:19 am »

Yay!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 07:52:36 am »

This is an interesting decision. Wondering how this will turn out.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 08:20:09 am »

So, when the original Masterwork thread is moved, will it be stickied?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 08:46:49 am »

I think it should be locked and new ones made for individual topics.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 09:06:57 am »

Indeed. I hope this works out well for everyone. I thought it would help both the user to easier find information, as well as the other modders, because there wont be 10 Masterwork-Something threads in the modding forum. Especially since 3! new race plugins are in the works. The respective authors will come by here in time and make a thread for each. I will also keep the seperate threads for orcs and kobolds of course.

I will spend the next hours setting everything up and will upload MDF V.3 in the meantime.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 10:42:05 am »

Thanks Toady and Meph :)

MLP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 12:58:28 pm »

I'm a long time on and off DFer and after coming back again yesterday and seeing this new Masterwork Section and Version I am extremely happy! I always prefered vanilla DF and although I liked masterwork I didn't find it refined enough before. But now I really do see this as a masterwork and really admire the work that's been put in to this. Cheers for your hard work and getting me addicted to DF again.

Mark

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 03:11:02 pm »

It is nice to see a more active roll with the modding community. I wouldn't be surpised if this choice was influenced by Tarn going to the CCP panel. I am sure there were a lot of game developers there. I can imagine that Tarn didn't just go for the panel, but to also talk to other game developers that are out there.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 03:47:53 pm »

I wouldn't be surpised if this choice was influenced by Tarn going to the CCP panel

Not quite. It was Briess/Locriani that gave me the idea. He is the admin of the wiki and just came by one day and asked if he shouldnt do a part on the official wiki for Masterwork. I was surprised at first, but flattered. It then dawned on me that I could do the same in the forum, which would also help a lot with information spreading, so I did ask Toady about this and he was kind enough to indulge me. That was all a week ago ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 08:19:13 pm »

So that was the big change you told me about!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 09:53:50 pm »

I wouldn't be surpised if this choice was influenced by Tarn going to the CCP panel

Not quite. It was Briess/Locriani that gave me the idea. He is the admin of the wiki and just came by one day and asked if he shouldnt do a part on the official wiki for Masterwork. I was surprised at first, but flattered. It then dawned on me that I could do the same in the forum, which would also help a lot with information spreading, so I did ask Toady about this and he was kind enough to indulge me. That was all a week ago ;)

Ah, ok :P
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 12:07:02 am »

Love the change.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

fo0man

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 07:51:37 am »

This is fantastic! I'm a long time lurker but I really like the masterwork mod and this makes it a million times easier to find what I'm looking for. Thanks for this.
Pages: [1] 2