Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Mouse plugin, now with live "Look on hover" mode + more point & click support  (Read 46947 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Thanks! I'll update the pack when I get to a computer tomorrow. 

How persistent is this option? Per world / per session / per menu?

Edit: I should mention that the updated LNP includes a keybinding file with the changes you recommend, based on the usual LNP keys. Just makes it a bit easier to change back and forth.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:42:48 am by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It only persists per session and applies to all designation items. It could be smarter and apply only to the specific designation types that use mouse painting (since for the others it doesn't matter if the plugin takes over or not) and I'll do that when I next have time to look at this. For now I just wanted to do the quickest and safest change to make sure people who weren't aware of mousequery don't get unexpected behaviour.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Cool - if you're looking at improving this option, creating an option that can go (commented out) in dfhack.init to eg default to box/paint would be handy.

I'm also getting errors when I try to extract or open the folder, but I suspect that's just the xx(ADSL)xx connection I'm on this weekend. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lightrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

cursor tracking seems to be bugged, it stops working after few actions and then, sometimes, it suddenly starts working again.

**looks like for cursor tracking to work, you have to first pause the game and only then go to designation menu or whatelse. If you do not pause manually, the cursor tracking will not work.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:34:21 am by lightrow »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report, I just uploaded a new version with that fixed.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile

Hi Falconne,

Love the plugin, except for one thing:  I actually prefer being able to paint designations a tile at a time for certain windy passages or when multiple single-tile designations are needed.  Since right-clicking with the default mouse behavior does almost the same thing as left-clicking with your plugin (except it doesn't press enter), I'd like to be able to use all the features of the plugin except the right and left click behavior during designation.  Would it be possible to add an option to disable these and allow vanilla designation/scrolling behavior?
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The last version of the plugin already had an ingame toggle option to disable the plugin's functionality in designation mode (it starts off disabled), but I hadn't made it ignore the right mouse button too.

I've just uploaded a new version that also takes care of disabling the RMB in designation mode. If you download the latest bundle you should get exactly the functionality you want by default.

eccentric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been attempting too play DF off-and-on for a few years. Your UI plugins make the game enjoyable to play and I'm have more 'fun!' Thanks falconne!!

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noobshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any chance we'd be able to click on text menu items in the right hand bar with the mouse?
Say, click on "building" to access the building menu?
Then the right hand menu would just need a little larger font/"buttons" and you would officially win the internet.

Edit: also,
when the cursor is moved to about 5 tiles from the edge of the screen, the game automatically causes the map to scroll.

Any way to let us modify this number? I'd much rather like 3 or 2 than 5.
5 tiles feels way too easy to start scrolling when you don't really want to.

Other than that, congratulations on this exceptionally awesome plugin.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:14:09 am by Noobshock »

Noobshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean just imagine full mouse navigation in DF. What would other sandbox games even do to stand a chance anymore?  :D

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I figured this would be the best place to ask.  I play the Masterwork mod and absolutely adore being able to use the mouse.  The ability to click for me stops about 2/3rds of the way down the screen.  After doing some zooming in and out I've figured out that it's in part because I prefer to play zoomed out, I've tried disabling and re-enabling the plugin to see if that would change anything as the furthest zoom the cursor goes all the way to the bottom is the one the game opens on.  I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get it to go all the way to the bottom on my favourite zoom? I can live with it if there's nothing that can be done about it...just have to revert to the keyboard to select anything in the bottom third.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

PF4Public

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse plugin, now with live "Look on hover" mode + more point & click support
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2013, 12:57:27 pm »

I've got a problem. Not sure if it's because of Mouse plugin, but seems to be so.
First time game crashed after 10 (or so) continuous hours of gameplay when I tried to designate fishing and water activity zone over a river.
Obviously nothing saved so I started again. Several hours later, trying to designate a food stockpile I couldn't do that. Tried different place - got a stockpile, but not in desired place. Next I did was a try to remove a stockpile and it worked! But that's not all. After I've removed ghost stockpile I found food bins are already there. So, I'm designating that stockpile again and everything disappeared again. Also so did every single bin, every item on that level. Moreover designated nearby walls to dig and saw how they're mined by also invisible dwarves. Last thing I did is that I started designating another stockpile adjacent and after the first corner game crashed.

Did anyone encounter such behaviour?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:02:02 pm by PF4Public »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse plugin, now with live "Look on hover" mode + more point & click support
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 05:51:51 am »

Any chance we'd be able to click on text menu items in the right hand bar with the mouse?
Say, click on "building" to access the building menu?
Then the right hand menu would just need a little larger font/"buttons" and you would officially win the internet.

Edit: also,
when the cursor is moved to about 5 tiles from the edge of the screen, the game automatically causes the map to scroll.

Any way to let us modify this number? I'd much rather like 3 or 2 than 5.
5 tiles feels way too easy to start scrolling when you don't really want to.

When I have time I'll look into the feasibility of clicking the menu items. I've thought about it but I'm not sure if that's going to be doable, since the location of text changes based on tilesets and TrueType selection.

I'll make the edge scroll buffer configurable in the next update.

I've got a problem. Not sure if it's because of Mouse plugin, but seems to be so.
First time game crashed after 10 (or so) continuous hours of gameplay when I tried to designate fishing and water activity zone over a river.
Obviously nothing saved so I started again. Several hours later, trying to designate a food stockpile I couldn't do that. Tried different place - got a stockpile, but not in desired place. Next I did was a try to remove a stockpile and it worked! But that's not all. After I've removed ghost stockpile I found food bins are already there. So, I'm designating that stockpile again and everything disappeared again. Also so did every single bin, every item on that level. Moreover designated nearby walls to dig and saw how they're mined by also invisible dwarves. Last thing I did is that I started designating another stockpile adjacent and after the first corner game crashed.
That's very strange... I can't imagine how the plugin can cause that. Are you playing a modded game? It sounds like all kinds of things are going wrong there. I'd need a save file from you where some of that can be reproduced to investigate further though.

Noobshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 07:08:50 am »

Crashed the game when using the mouse to designate a zone (i) larger than the max size.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7