Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Mouse plugin, now with live "Look on hover" mode + more point & click support  (Read 47124 times)

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse plugin, now with live "Look on hover" mode + more point & click support
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2013, 02:40:38 pm »

Crashed the game when using the mouse to designate a zone (i) larger than the max size.

Ah right, thanks, should be able to fix that. Can you reproduce any of the other issues, like the stockpile weirdness?
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Noobshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse plugin, now with live "Look on hover" mode + more point & click support
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2013, 03:32:07 pm »

I want this game to be easier to play so believe me if I have any relevant information that can help with your work I will share.

PF4Public

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2013, 03:36:52 pm »

Crashed the game when using the mouse to designate a zone (i) larger than the max size.

Ah right, thanks, should be able to fix that. Can you reproduce any of the other issues, like the stockpile weirdness?

Not sure if Noobshock had the same issue as I had, but I'll try to figure out if I had designated zone to be too big.
Also I'll try to reproduce the issue with stockpile.

PF4Public

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Mouse plugin, now with live "Look on hover" mode + more point & click support
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2013, 03:38:55 pm »

Indeed designating a stockpile or activity zone way too big crashes the game.
I could not recreate that stockpile weirdness. But since game didn't crash I believe it is a side effect in place of crash.

My DF has only your UI plugins and DFHack with default settings. I found DF easier to manage with mouse plugin and that is all I was missing since discovering DF. Thank you.

It would be great if you fix that.
TIA :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:42:24 am by PF4Public »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2013, 08:17:17 am »

In the latest update I've fixed the issue of the plugin letting you designate zones and stockpiles too big for the game. The cursor now also changes colour when you're selecting the second corner, so should be a bit less confusing.

Pho

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I don't know if this is a linux-issue only but the mouse will only be recognized on the upper and middlepart of the screen. When I zoom out the recognition zone gets even smaller so I cant scroll down with the mouse or designate anything on the lower part of the screen.

I don't know if this happens on windows.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe that happens on Windows too... if you're too zoomed out dfhack can't align the mouseclicks to map tiles. On my Linux machine the active area for the mouse seems fine at default zoom. What tileset do you use?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

I believe that happens on Windows too...

It does.  I can zoom out ~2 steps, then it stops working properly.  Of course, on my screen it also gets illegible at about the same time...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Pho

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

What tileset do you use?
I use Phoebus and Ironhand with the Accelerated DF settings. And for me even the lowest(default) zoom level cuts off the mouse so that it never scrolls down with edge and track enabled.

tenshi99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

awesome plugin

i have 2 requests:
1) make optional box mode in "d-b"/"d-o". i like vanilla painting there
2) in live view to more detail to description. eg: "Rough-hewn Obsidian Wall"(just "Obsidian Wall" will be better) instead of "stone wall"
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:02:00 am by tenshi99 »

lazynewbie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello, great plugin.

Came accross a problem when i tried to assign a lever. When edge-scrolling is enabled the game will not jump to the building i want to link. Instead it chooses something useless nearby. When edge-scrolling is disabled all works fine.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This would be a side effect of tracking being enabled, the cursor is locked to the mouse position. Something I need to fix when I have time. If you move the mouse off the game area, either into the menu area or out of the window, it will work.

lazynewbie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

This would be a side effect of tracking being enabled, the cursor is locked to the mouse position. Something I need to fix when I have time. If you move the mouse off the game area, either into the menu area or out of the window, it will work.

Yes that works! Thanks.

Gilith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a version of mousequery that works with DFHack R4? There's something in the dfhack repo, but it seems to be outdated (look on hover and designating rectangles doesn't work)

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The code should if it's merged into an updated branch and compiled.

I haven't been around lately to follow what's been going on... I don't see an official r4, what's the story with that? Was it built off Peterix's repo? What I normally do is wait for an official release, merge in Peterix's repo and update my plugins.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7