Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Mouse plugin, now with live "Look on hover" mode + more point & click support  (Read 47125 times)

Gilith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I mean this:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4720997#msg4720997
Not sure how official this release is, but mousequery seems to be outdated.

Basically, some guys are trying to use r4 with Masterwork mod; here's a thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133174.0
There are some issues with some of the plugins, mousequery and a few other, so I though I'd ask :)

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've just uploaded a new version that adds a few small features:
  • When mouse tracking is enabled, you can now move the cursor with the keyboard without it getting stuck under the mouse. This should hopefully make tracking less annoying to use.
  • Makes mouse selection optional in traffic designation view, as vanilla allows mouse painting in that mode too.
  • Now when you make designations (e.g., mine, cut stairs), you get a display in the bottom right corner showing the size of your selection so far (in "X x Y x Z" dimensions). This also works for stockpile and zone creation. It should be smart enough to work correctly regardless of whether you designate with the mouse or keyboard. A similar function has been added to the automaterial plugin to show construction dimensions.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 04:29:38 am by falconne »
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Kjat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

What tileset do you use?
I use Phoebus and Ironhand with the Accelerated DF settings. And for me even the lowest(default) zoom level cuts off the mouse so that it never scrolls down with edge and track enabled.
I'm having this problem as well, is there anything I can do to remedy it? Even when zoomed at default, it ignores the bottom and right side of the map. Also mouse box select, when trying to toggle it on and off, seems to just randomly ignore my input at times. I'm really not sure why.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

I came accross a problem when i tried to assign a lever. When edge-scrolling is enabled the game will not jump to the building i want to link. Instead it chooses something useless nearby. When edge-scrolling is disabled all works fine.
This would be a side effect of tracking being enabled, the cursor is locked to the mouse position. Something I need to fix when I have time. If you move the mouse off the game area, either into the menu area or out of the window, it will work.

I've seen a few similar reports (eg here), and had issues with it myself.  While sticking the mouse over the menu is a very easy workaround once you know of it, it looks like some newbies are still getting frustrated. 

How hard would it be to temporarily disable tracking when linking levers? 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll look into this.

I assume this only happens if tracking is enabled... I believe tracking is disabled by default in the Starter Pack right? That feature probably still has a few bugs.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's disabled by default - but I do note that it's easy to enable, so a lot of people presumably do.  Disabling tracking does fix it. 

Beyond that though it's still better to fix than workaround, if it's not to hard to put the exception in. 

Edit:  here's another report of linking problems.  Leaving tracking disabled by default doesn't seem to be working all that well. :/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:49:35 pm by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

A quick thought - another valuable point to disable mouse tracking would be during macro playback, where it usually screws up native macros and also Quickfort playback which is otherwise much enhanced by your plugins. 
 Donations here.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The latest update has mouse tracking disabled when linking levers.

As for macro playback and QuickFort, unfortunately I don't think I can do much about that, since DFHack can't tell if keystrokes are automated or manual. It might be a good idea to add an extra comment line in the dfhack.init of the Starter Pack explaining that if tracking is enabled the cursor may be unexpectedly moved under certain conditions.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Awesome!  I've added that as a note, good idea. 
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki

> Unfortunately it's not possible to allow clicking and dragging the map, because it doesn't look like dfhack can detect "mouse key up" events.

What's the problem with this? Click&drag seems to be possible to me.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It could be the renderer's been fixed now. Back when I wrote this plugin mouse up events weren't registering and I didn't bother investigating any further.

Edit: If someone has the time to implement middle click and drag or right click and drag to scroll in mousequery that would be appreciated... I won't have time to do so any time soon.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki

It could be the renderer's been fixed now. Back when I wrote this plugin mouse up events weren't registering and I didn't bother investigating any further.

Edit: If someone has the time to implement middle click and drag or right click and drag to scroll in mousequery that would be appreciated... I won't have time to do so any time soon.

But you don't need mouseup events for this.
Anyway, I've already done it. I need to publish a special version of mousequery to work with twbt anyway, but this particular functionality can be included into main code.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet, thanks. If you have a fork on Github let me know when you've done it and I can merge those changes into mine.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki

Sweet, thanks. If you have a fork on Github let me know when you've done it and I can merge those changes into mine.

Ok.
Just realised that we live in one small city.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hah! You're in Auckland too? Small world.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7