Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Mouse plugin, now with live "Look on hover" mode + more point & click support  (Read 46943 times)

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm having a bug with mousequery in Masterwork V6 (34.11 + r4), and Meph referred me here:
If I mousequery track enable then I get weird bugs where the placement preview Xs are offset from the cursor, and hitting ESC to get out of placement or designation mode warps me to the center of the map at Z -4.

Without mousequery-track, of course, life is hateful.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:05:18 pm by shaver »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... I wasn't able to reproduce that. I tried with the default tileset at different zoom levels.

Which OS are you on and have you changed any MW or DF settings that would affect display or input capture?
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... I wasn't able to reproduce that. I tried with the default tileset at different zoom levels.

Which OS are you on and have you changed any MW or DF settings that would affect display or input capture?

Windows 8.1, Phoebus color and tileset, 10 Z-levels visible. Interestingly, I can't reproduce it in my 5.10 install. Weird.

Ah ha! It was setting it to 10 Z-levels. If I do 15 it works. I'll report that to mfiki I guess.
Nope, that wasn't it. Hmm.

While I'm here: the help text says
Code: [Select]
mousequery [plugin|rbutton|track|edge|live] [enabled|disabled]but it should be enable|disable, without the trailing "d". That confused me a little when I was first setting it up.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 08:35:13 pm by shaver »

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, possibly relevant, I don't know.

• -4 is the level that water is on
  • if I'm below or on -4 everything works
  • if I'm above -4, then when I click on a ground square that has something on -4 (wall, furniture, etc.), it acts as though I've pressed 'k' over the tile at the same x/y on level -4
  • if I click on a farm plot, I get a flash of the farm display (crop selection), then it quickly shifts to the thing on -4

I could put my world up, if that helps.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

but it should be enable|disable, without the trailing "d". That confused me a little when I was first setting it up.

Ah thanks.

Yes that might help. Although I suspect this is just some weirdness with SDL and DFHack on your particular environment. Upload your save anyway so I can check.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes that might help. Although I suspect this is just some weirdness with SDL and DFHack on your particular environment. Upload your save anyway so I can check.

OK, my world is zipped at https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bjiavtfh13ry6j/mousequery-track-bug.zip

Load the world, press b-D and move the mouse. You'll see the depot preview there, but it'll be red even if you put it in a legal spot (like the big dug room). The status window will show "Hidden". Press ESC and you'll be warped to Z-4.

F1 to go back to the main area, then b to build a bed; you'll be instantly warped back to the same spot.

It works OK with Masterwork 5.10, which has SDL.dll and dfhack-client.dll of exactly the same size and timestamp at least.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your program is amazing!!!! Its the main reason I still play 34.11 .  My hands start to hurt if I do too much cursor stuff in 40.X. This is what I really want the next df-hack for :))

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Boo, I'm seeing the same thing now in 40.08. I wonder how to debug this, since it does seem to be something about my local machine.

Edit: rebooted to finish a software install, and now it's fine. Yay, I guess?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:45:33 am by shaver »

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos

Hey Falconne, long time no see ;)

I'm playing DF again and have settled in for the short term on 40_08r3 with DFhack 40_08r2.  I used Text Will Be Text and some modified graphics that Meph made for vanilla, and everything is working great now except for ONE minor bug/thing.  TWBT came with a replacement mousequery.dll file to fix what appeared to be broken functionality without it, but now when using this version of mousequery I cannot 'designate-dig' and then click and drag to designate tiles.  The plugin still works if box mode is enabled, and two clicks are used, but the point and click once and/or point and drag functionality appears to be broken. 

If I had any idea how to modify .dll files I would just do a winmerge compare of the two and figure it out myself, but I can't seem to open the .dll in any format that I can understand.

Hope this makes sense!

*edit* It also seems that clicking on an area multiple times does not work when it comes to cycling through the different viewing methods. 

-Arumba

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki

I'm playing DF again and have settled in for the short term on 40_08r3 with DFhack 40_08r2.  I used Text Will Be Text and some modified graphics that Meph made for vanilla, and everything is working great now except for ONE minor bug/thing.  TWBT came with a replacement mousequery.dll file to fix what appeared to be broken functionality without it, but now when using this version of mousequery I cannot 'designate-dig' and then click and drag to designate tiles.  The plugin still works if box mode is enabled, and two clicks are used, but the point and click once and/or point and drag functionality appears to be broken. 

Mousequery that comes with TWBT has an additional feature of dragging the map with mouse (enabled with mousequery drag left|right). So it seems this broke some things. Unfortunately no people provided any feedback so far, so I didn't know, but now I'll take a look.

ThoonHulk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Is this part of DFHack 40.10 r1 by default?  If not, will it work with that version of DFHack at all?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A version of mousequery is included with DFHack 0.40.10-r1 - I'm not sure if it includes all of Falconne's changes, but it should work. You'll need to enable it in dfhack.init, though ("enable mousequery").
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ThoonHulk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hrm, ok, thanks.

I am using the start pack, and added DF, but it didn't seem to have mousequery working.  I didn't have a DFHack init file though - just tried to turn it on manually through the console.  Thanks!

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am using df 34.11 with LNP  r50 and this works perfectly, but for some reason when I use it in the bundled LNP r67 (I wanted to try the updated Dfhack) it is broken completely, thinks my cursor is somewhere else constantly, even the wrong z level - or my cursor wont appear at all. Any ideas why this is?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you using TwbT? If so, does the problem still occur if you disable it?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7