Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: [KOBOLD] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 27054 times)

glacialwolf28

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [KOBOLD] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #195 on: January 18, 2014, 08:22:44 pm »

Oh alright, thank you ^^ Sorry for the bother, first time with this mod. From what ive seen, its amazing. Keep up the great work :3

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2014, 11:29:55 pm »

A few ideas for kobolds in the future once you're done with Warlock stuff: Their religion system is pathetically useless. Random armor and weapons isn't that impressive for a race that can make orichalcum weapons and armor out of meat and leather. Also they'll need to have something to do with the whole new soul mechanic. I propose that souls be an essential part of kobold religion. Something like Offer some number souls and get a chance of something kobolds are low on like gems. Maybe offer some ridiculous amount of souls for a pick or something like that. Just throwing that out here.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #197 on: April 07, 2014, 05:08:39 pm »

Suggestion:  Kobolds can make shovels in a custom reaction. Shovels are cheap and made of wood. Shovels can mine like picks. Shovels will get worn out and break after some time, lets say 1-4 weeks. (unfortunately regardless of actaul use)

This would allow kobolds early digging for some hovels in the soil and upper layers, but no extended mining. At least not until you steal a pick (or I even remove the picks from them)

Thoughts?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2014, 05:30:26 pm »

I have no problems with the current system. But the decaying shovel thing has merit too. I'd keep the shovel duration at 1-2 weeks if you are going to use that. I MUCH prefer the "Steal a pick" thing to something with shovels.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2014, 03:01:56 am »

I dont really like kobolds mining. I play without using the pics. Pehaps the shovel should only mine dirt/clay?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2014, 03:06:11 am »

I dont really like kobolds mining. I play without using the pics. Pehaps the shovel should only mine dirt/clay?
-.- Which is exactly what I try to simulate...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]