Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: [KOBOLD] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 27039 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
[KOBOLD] - Discussion and Suggestions
« on: April 30, 2013, 09:26:47 am »

This will be the place to talk about the included kobold camp. Things that happened to you and your kobolds, but also the right place to suggest new features you wish to see, speak about balancing and exploits, whatever you like. All your cutebold-related things come here.

I for example think that their tech tree is too small at this moment and that players are maxed out too fast. They reach the epitome of their civilization and thats it. Witch Doctors and dye-based warpaints, more sneaking and stealing reactions, a crazy kobold pyromancer .... all things to consider. :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:17:32 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: [KOBOLD] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 07:20:08 pm »

Ptw

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 02:51:36 pm »

Hey Meph!

Only just got a chance today to start sitting down to actually play the kobold segment of Masterwork.  Already extremely excited by the signs and all of that!  I just realized something a bit odd when generated my kobolds.  I'm used to the 'always jittery and tense' or 'nervous wreck' being just about on every single kobold, but noticed that all seven had '(S)he prefers stability and security to ambiguity and disorder.'  I'm entertaining the possibility that this was random chance, but figured I'd ensure that was intentional!  Thanks again for all of your awesome work on this mod!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 03:24:04 pm »

Oh, noes, Captian Kobold, the decorations are only for dwarf mode. I didnt put them into Kobold mode yet.  :-\

If you read this before you start your fort: Add those to the kobold entity:
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:RUG]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:CHANDELIER]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:BRAZIER]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:SIGN]

and yes, the changes to the kobold thoughts are intentional, I want many, many throw-away bold-infantry, without condemning the fort/camp to tantrums.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 04:41:11 pm »

Totally makes sense!  Tantrums spirals have frequently been huge problems with kobolds being so quick to die!  Thank you very much for the help with that too!  I've got grand plans for Kobold Temples and such!

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 07:22:15 am »

My first Kobold camp is going well.  I am really liking the way the kobold castes are set up.  It is nicely different from the Orc and Dwarf castes.

fasquardon

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 05:21:38 pm »

One of the problems of kobolds is that, even though they are throw-away and don't tantrum much, I have to devote a whole soil level to the burying of them. I could just make a giant pile o' corpses, which is fine with me and fits with what I think kobolds would care about, but the ghosts will still come and annoy the camp.

Is there a way to have it so they don't spawn ghosts if left unburied, and perhaps they don't even mind if they drag Cousin Joe over to the butcher shop for a little extra meat in the stew pot?

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 06:46:21 pm »

In my kobold fort, I am building up.  Stealthy air kobolds are good at working outside, even when enemies are on the map.  So conceivably, sky is the limit for the kobold tombs.

fasquardon

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 07:34:44 pm »

In kobold fort (and orc fort) I prefer to construct/dig simple barrows for my dead.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 07:23:09 am »

Ghosts will come from any intelligent civ member, nothing I can change about that. But 10x10 is still enough to bury 100 bolds... thats not that much space.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 12:56:58 pm »

Ghosts will come from any intelligent civ member, nothing I can change about that. But 10x10 is still enough to bury 100 bolds... thats not that much space.

You must be stacking them in there differently than I normally do my burial yards.

Layers and then add a new stack of coffins?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 09:06:34 am »

One tile => one coffin. ;) But yeah, I usually dont do that, its probably more 3-4 tiles for one coffin, because of decorations and walkways.

Here some random thoughts for futures expansion of the Kobold mode, feel free to discuss/add to it.

- Alcohol gets syndromes, makes all kobolds have NOFEAR, a tiny strength bonus, but random drowsyness and less agility.
 - Make non-alcoholic drinks, like tea, coffee and juices for kobolds. Probably from vanilla plants.
 - Need something special for kobold bulb, probably a purely positive syndrome for its drinks, or a special reagents for the witchers.
 - Kobolds have no use for bifrost, warlock loot, cant de-rust anything, cant use clockwork parts,
 - Add decorations to the entity file.
 - Psychotropic Toads are not finished. Makes drinks with random effects. Super Speed, Instant Sleep, Transformations, Fever, Strength, Weakness... totally random.
 - Redo design of Ogre Cave, the corners look odd.
 - Witchers Hut is unfinished, needs magical castes. Support/Ranged.
 - Split into male and female. Witchers can do ranged damaged, Witches can do support.
 - More Ogre Upgrades. Different weapons/armor.
 - Giant Animal transformation would be nice, ask Smake about his raws.
 - Ogre-Mage Upgrade. Melee.
 - Use dyes for warpaints, adding temporary bonusses.
 - Add a fletcher, for bows and arrows. Should be later tech then bolas/slings.
 - Make better sling ammo (?)
 - Make new workshops: Statue of the thieving Kea and Statue of the raging Badger. Statue/Totem/Symbol/Something.
 - Keas and badgers should be buy-able pets for kobolds. Special training for them in the totems/statue-workshops.
 - Poisoning ammo should be more important, with a lot of weak ammo. Maybe add blowguns (?)
 - Split Toxicist into the current tocixist and one just for ammo.
 - New workshop: Tiny version of the "Thieves Tunnel". Risk-free (almost, after all they are bolds) small thieving expeditions. Similar setup like the praying in altars that dwarves have: Low success chance for a singular item. Very low chance of injury/death. Should be used to help with moods.
 - Thieves tunnel should give greater rewards and something akin to blueprints. One building/reaction for each race.
 - Thieves tunnel can lead to sieges/ambushes.
 - Maybe a intermediate thieves tunnel => 1 low-risk, 1 risk of death, 1 risk of siege.
 - Kobold tinkerer, new workshop => uses these special race-specific items for a good item.
 - Make clay oven a bit less easy. Somehow everything is super-mass produced in them.
 - Ceremonial Ground, new workshop => DFHACK magic, like slayrace and grow, and weather control. With a random factor in each.
 - Arena, new workshop => Kobolds can fight stuff, maybe 1-on-1, and get a big bonus afterwards.
 - Needs special pet to transform into special creature that should be fought. Maybe summon a spirit/demon/ghost in the ceremonial ground.
 - Poisoned dwart-thrower trappart. Tried once for dwarves, didnt work, but with itemsyndrome will work. :)
 - Port the gambling/money changing/bar-fighting from the tavern into the paupers pup.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 10:16:26 am »

Keas!  That is brilliant :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 02:45:01 am »

Some buildings designs. Kobolds should get one buildings each that they have to "steal". Each of them has a buildmat you can only get from thievery, which might cause ambushes or sieges from the civ you steal from.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 02:47:10 am by Meph »

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 01:27:39 pm »

In my opinion, toadlicker shouldn't be stolen building.
Because, the toad is kobold's exclusive pet so they sould know how to use it.
It don't make sense if they need to get that knowlage from drow.

And it make toad embark profile pointless.
Why should I pick the toad instead of a herd of rats if I can't play with it earlier.

This is just my opinion, I will be happy with everything you come up with anyway.
 I'm looking forward to the next update and sorry for bad English
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14