Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 182617 times)

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #2010 on: April 16, 2014, 08:13:16 pm »

Whenever I embark as Dwarves, I am able to take Ethereal and Slag equipment and tools for 0 dwarfbucks. Once I actually get into the game I dug into a layer of 'Runic', which yielded boulders of 'Runic' that were worth 500 apiece and seemed to drop straight as metal, rather than stone. I also encountered a layer of 'Paralysing' which did not yeald any stone. I also noticed that, in a peat soil layer, there were clusters of 'Thick' (Thats is, just 'Thick', not thick peat, thick soil or thick anything, just 'Thick') which dropped a magma-safe boulder of 'Thick'.

I am having exactly the same problem, I thought I was losing my mind.  In addition to ethereal and slag equipment, I can take zinc weapons.

This appeared with a brand new clean install, no files from the previous version still around.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2011 on: April 17, 2014, 02:33:36 am »

playing mwmod patched with beta...

not sure if the error is some add on of the patched version or not.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This looks like what happens when diggingInvaders is  turned on in the DFhack init, but off in the launcher.  A few other people were having the same problem, myself included.
See this thread:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137558.0

TLDR: When you launch the game, go to DFhack and type 'diggingInvaders disable', see if that fixes the crash.
as far as i'm aware, these are two completely separate issues. the one thistleknot posted is due to some bad tags in the raws (shouldn't break anything), and the one you've posted is related to crashes happening due to digginginvaders.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2012 on: April 17, 2014, 02:34:45 am »

Whenever I embark as Dwarves, I am able to take Ethereal and Slag equipment and tools for 0 dwarfbucks. Once I actually get into the game I dug into a layer of 'Runic', which yielded boulders of 'Runic' that were worth 500 apiece and seemed to drop straight as metal, rather than stone. I also encountered a layer of 'Paralysing' which did not yeald any stone. I also noticed that, in a peat soil layer, there were clusters of 'Thick' (Thats is, just 'Thick', not thick peat, thick soil or thick anything, just 'Thick') which dropped a magma-safe boulder of 'Thick'.

I am having exactly the same problem, I thought I was losing my mind.  In addition to ethereal and slag equipment, I can take zinc weapons.

This appeared with a brand new clean install, no files from the previous version still around.
did either of you change tilesets/graphics, and if so, to which ones?

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: April 17, 2014, 06:23:49 am »

did either of you change tilesets/graphics, and if so, to which ones?

Yes, I'm using Phoebus. I chose it from the menu in the settings program, as usual.

westamastaflash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: April 17, 2014, 09:47:35 am »

I'm having a weird problem, not sure if this is masterwork related or not. My dwarfs are busy busy butchering "partial skeletons" of goblins, but when the job is finished, no bones are created, and the skeleton remains. So my butchers seem to be stuck in an infinite loop of butchering partial skeletons...

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: April 17, 2014, 10:29:38 am »

It's a known bug. You have to remove partial skeletons from the chain somehow, dump them, forbid them or cremate them. You can use stockpile workflow to help. IE, one refuse/corpse stockpile feeds the butchershops, which then feed a 2nd stockpile that feeds a crematory.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: April 19, 2014, 03:05:31 pm »

Make ash from plank uses a log.

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: April 19, 2014, 07:38:10 pm »

The reaction "Sell Brimstone for 500 Shillings" is actually using silver coins and Brimstone.
If i'm not mistaken it takes 1 Brimstone and 1000 silver coins in exchange for 500 silver coins.

It think this is quite a bad deal.. just lost around 2000 silver coins because of this before I saw it!

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: April 20, 2014, 08:27:23 pm »

My dwarves stopped joining guilds properly. (Secret !FUN! is turned OFF on this game).

Dwarf goes to guild hall, spends 500 gold coins, hangs out for a month, and pops out as a regular dwarf again.

Another dwarf went to pray to be an apostle, hung out for a month, and came back as a regular dwarf again.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: April 20, 2014, 11:31:43 pm »

Alright! I'm having a VERY odd issue (least it's new to me, after hundreds of games).

Simplified, there's two 'symptoms' of this issue I encountered.

#1 is Brick Ovens. When I mouse over them, they lag for incredible amounts of time before finally being selected. I.E. anytime I move my cursor in range that would 'select them' - it lags for 3-30 seconds (gets worse as time goes on), before showing the menu for the oven.

#2 when building constructions (Floors, walls, stairs, anything from the construction menu) - I noticed a GIGANTIC leap in lag that correlates to the oven lag. Each block placed takes 1-12 seconds to be 'placed' - so when trying to place 2000+ wide areas (say flooring a large room) - it can freeze my game for 40+ minutes in real life before unfreezing.

This seems to be related to open spaces. Start of a map? absolutely flawless speed. Dig out maybe 2-3 floors of the map (I used to dig out 50+ floors without issue on a 4x4 embark) - it lags, and grows worse and worse the more 'open space' there is. Even if that space is exposed to the surface (outside), or underground (inside) - means diddly squat.

Only seeing this on dwarves atm. Nothing 'special' about the embark - had this issue across 4 maps, ranging from glaciers, tundras, swamps, forests, etc. Good, evil, neutral, savage, tame... everything. Same results.

Version:V4J

Tileset: Masterwork - Obsidian walls

Other information:

~ had the issue in an old install of v4j - reinstalled fresh. Same results.

~ did not install over old install or anything similar. No raw editing, nothing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2020 on: April 21, 2014, 05:01:06 am »

Sabbykat: That sounds like something is running in the background that has to do with constructions.. maybe one of falconnes dfhack scripts?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: April 21, 2014, 10:06:23 am »

This still happens to me.  Most of the time my dwarves transform back into a dwarf.
This happens at the guildhall, at the garrison and at the monastery.

I also have secret fun turned off.

My dwarves stopped joining guilds properly. (Secret !FUN! is turned OFF on this game).

Dwarf goes to guild hall, spends 500 gold coins, hangs out for a month, and pops out as a regular dwarf again.

Another dwarf went to pray to be an apostle, hung out for a month, and came back as a regular dwarf again.

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: April 21, 2014, 11:21:19 am »

I don't have access tot he military screen anymore....
when i press M it opens a weird overview over my stuff but the military screen is gone...
help? oO

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: April 21, 2014, 11:31:03 am »

Sabbykat: That sounds like something is running in the background that has to do with constructions.. maybe one of falconnes dfhack scripts?

Not sure mon. I just know in v4I I didn't have this issue. I can note I get this odd error when I 'unpause' a game after setting a bunch of buildings too. Let me go start the game and see if I can write it down.

Error:

http://imgur.com/jowpGQl

Can't say if its related, but I noticed that in this new version only. Not in v4I.

Note for dfhack:

~ Digging invaders is off, as I hear it's buggy. Razing is on, but I've not had a siege period so it's not that I assume.

~ Rendermax is off.

morhavoc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: April 21, 2014, 10:42:43 pm »

I feel bad submitting this, because I can't be very specific, but something keeps crashing my game at the exact same game time. It may be invaders (I've tried using "slayrace" on them, the automatons, to no avail), but no luck there. I thought it was a bug with a dorf who was in a mood, but wouldn't grab any materials, despite the fact that I had them all. I killed him with gravity ("killitwith gravity"), but no luck there either. I've even had some issues with glove handedness crashing the game, but I've downloaded a script to fix that, and I haven't seen anything in DFHack to the effect of having unhanded gloves.

EDIT: Just found my error log. It's pretty long, but I'm posting what I can of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:32:43 pm by morhavoc »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 142