Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 192423 times)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1755 on: January 05, 2014, 05:37:24 pm »

#1: No, it doesn't.  But everything is biome-dependent.
#2: Agility is the top military skill (imo) but it's only defensive (armor is good, not getting hit is better).  An agile dwarf without armor-wearing or weapons skills is still only a Scout.  Pump stacks used to be the only way to increase agility but Meph added others in recent releases.

Every time traders come, they have wood, spore logs and fungi and that's it.  Elves, Dwarves, Drow, Humans, whatever I want to invite.  I figured that was because of simple wood or trees.

Do I have to embark on a combined evil/good biome to get both types of casters?

You could probably buy the good/bad wood from the fine goods market trader.  Just mint a bunch of gold into sovereigns.  If you do embark in good/evil the trees logs are also quite valuable to sell at that same trader.  You could also buy up all the wood,spore logs, and fungi.  I think you could sell those at the bargain market trader for coppers.  Then use tavern to exchange those into silver and then gold coins. That's probably your best bet.  I know my elves will usually bring feather wood with them.  So it's possibly your trade partners aren't settled in any areas with the special trees.

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 05, 2014, 09:02:41 pm »

Ahhhhhhhhh right.  I used the shit out of the low level store (bomrek) for flux and stuff but I completely forgot about the other stores.  I also didn't know the tavern upgraded coins!  Thanks!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 05, 2014, 09:06:20 pm »

Ahhhhhhhhh right.  I used the shit out of the low level store (bomrek) for flux and stuff but I completely forgot about the other stores.  I also didn't know the tavern upgraded coins!  Thanks!

If you'd read the manual you'd have known it says it does. But then again it took me a half dozen releases of the mod for me to notice the alchemist is where one makes bloodsteel and ironbone at.

LonelyZues

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 06, 2014, 02:43:14 am »

Are the ways to identify a vampire still the same as the vanilla version?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1759 on: January 06, 2014, 02:59:38 am »

Are the ways to identify a vampire still the same as the vanilla version?
Mostly, yes. They do drink alcohol now and then, just to avoid this "slow down" problem the vanilla vamps have, and do throw some players of their game. But otherwise its the same, yes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 06, 2014, 04:17:51 am »

Sadly, world gen needs to be shorter so civs don't go extinct, so it can be harder that way too

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: January 06, 2014, 10:38:57 am »

Would this modification make it so that the medicine reaction gives back seeds?

[REACTION:MAKE_MEDICINE]
   [NAME:Make medicine potion from plants]
   [BUILDING:APOTHECARIUS:CUSTOM_SHIFT_M]
   [REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:NONE:STRUCTURAL][UNROTTEN][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [REAGENT:C:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:NONE:STRUCTURAL][UNROTTEN][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [EMPTY][FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MEDICINE:DRINK][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:C:SEED]
   [SKILL:DIAGNOSE] 

I've found that I've accidentally wiped out entire plant stock fighting off the tougher diseases lately and had to forage to get seeds back up to stock.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1762 on: January 06, 2014, 10:46:21 am »

Yes, that looks fine. :)

Just the PLANT_MAT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT should be just GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: January 06, 2014, 12:12:02 pm »

Is there any way dwarves can make ammo for the magical orc weapons? I invented a steel ceremonial kris. It can apparently shoot doomshard ammmo.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1764 on: January 06, 2014, 12:22:40 pm »

Yes it could, but no you cant make that ammo. ^^

Mr. Svinlesha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: January 06, 2014, 12:44:56 pm »

I keep getting combat messages in which no one appears to be fighting, but suddenly dwarf x "is thinking more clearly now!"  I've scanned my fortress for carp and not found any....

Anyone know what that means?  Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

PS.  While I'm at it, has anyone else experienced the following problem with burrows: if you assign a specific dwarf to a specific burrow for some reason, he/she "freezes" in place, wherever they might be on the map, and can't move because they're unable to complete their current assignment before continuing on to the burrow?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:03:04 pm by Mr. Svinlesha »

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: January 06, 2014, 03:52:25 pm »

Um...just made a new embark (testing something) and the first thing I see is:

What the hell is that??!!

That thing is a Brush Titan. A sauropod with noxious secretions (do I even want to know?)

I wasn't aware that you could find them just chilling on embark :S

What do?

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 06, 2014, 03:56:11 pm »

embark somewhere else ^^
But interesting find.. If you still have the original undisturbed map i would be glad to have a look at it ^^

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: January 06, 2014, 03:56:26 pm »

That's a shrine. 100% vanilla thing. You would see them often if you played Adventure mode.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: January 06, 2014, 04:05:41 pm »

I unpaused, fearing the worst...he doesn't seem to be moving. I'll just stay awaaay from him and hope this neutrality lasts.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 165