Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 192961 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1845 on: January 14, 2014, 04:52:49 pm »

PHM => Plump Helmet Men. Its part of the AI. If enough dwarves run around that supress the plump helmet men, they dont rebell. If you dont have enough dwarves that do that, you are in trouble.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: January 15, 2014, 03:36:17 am »

Is there a trick to researching air pressure, steam power or chemistry?  I've invited the gnomes to my fort, they're worthless, and I've just got these useless 'detailed reports' building up but the reaction for "continue research in chemistry" doesn't exist nor does it generate automatically.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1847 on: January 15, 2014, 04:49:28 am »

air pressure shouldnt exist anymore. Chemistry and Steampower I can have a look at, but they should be easy to get. My best guess is that the reagents are stored outside the burrow that your researcher is in.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: January 15, 2014, 05:00:38 am »

No - I research them and I get the detailed report, and then nothing else happens.  The automatic steps don't exist - ie: research step 2 of Chemistry! or whatever.  When you scroll down you can see those steps in red for every other one but there's no job for finishing chem.

edit: note: steam engine worked.  I got it confused with projectile weapons, which did not.

I'll quickly run through all of the ones that don't seem to work
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:14:34 am by Verviticus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1849 on: January 15, 2014, 05:06:27 am »

That is odd. I just checked the raws, Chemistry looks fine. All reagents and products fit.

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: January 15, 2014, 05:15:15 am »

That is odd. I just checked the raws, Chemistry looks fine. All reagents and products fit.

yeah, sorry, it's late and i got it mixed up (i just had a few =detailed reports= hanging about with nothing else).  its air pressure that doesn't function and projectile weapons that have no forward - and are still selectable from the list

edit: I assume its projectile weapons that eventually leads to the gunsmith?  There are jobs for "continue gun research".

edit2: out of curiosity - does putting a dwarf through guild training remove their vampire status?  I had a vampire disappear on me with no message and I couldn't tell if my high priest had flushed him out or something else happened, but they ate one person and never fed again
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:21:04 am by Verviticus »

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: January 15, 2014, 06:09:50 am »

air pressure shouldnt exist anymore.

It does, though.  At least at level (1), which is showing in my current fortress.
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1852 on: January 15, 2014, 06:41:40 am »

does that mean we can remove all the siren references from the raws (related to air pressure)?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1853 on: January 15, 2014, 07:00:28 am »

Yes. The one reaction remains though:

Code: [Select]
-[REACTION:SIREN]-
[NAME:Sound the alarm - Wakes sleepers]
[BUILDING:GARRISON:CUSTOM_A]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SIREN]

Its in the garrison. I thought something as simple as the siren (with only one reaction anyway), does not require the research/extra workshop.

Btw, I leave the reactions, inorganics, interactions, buildings, all that in the raws because people might not like the change and it allows to revert it easily. Thats why so many unused reactions and inorganics exist in the mod. They just sit around. the players will never know. Has never been a problem, until lately, when more people started looking at the raws and be like "what is this? what is that?" ;)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1854 on: January 15, 2014, 09:16:32 am »

Yes. The one reaction remains though:

Code: [Select]
-[REACTION:SIREN]-
[NAME:Sound the alarm - Wakes sleepers]
[BUILDING:GARRISON:CUSTOM_A]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SIREN]

Its in the garrison. I thought something as simple as the siren (with only one reaction anyway), does not require the research/extra workshop.

Btw, I leave the reactions, inorganics, interactions, buildings, all that in the raws because people might not like the change and it allows to revert it easily. Thats why so many unused reactions and inorganics exist in the mod. They just sit around. the players will never know. Has never been a problem, until lately, when more people started looking at the raws and be like "what is this? what is that?" ;)
yes but once again that's where github will save you. you can freely delete anything you want, because it will still exist in a previous version!

does this look alright then?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1855 on: January 15, 2014, 10:07:02 am »

Look alright, except that [PERMITTED_REACTION:SIREN] shouldnt be deleted. Its used in the garrison.

denadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: January 17, 2014, 11:27:10 am »

Why i have no cats, dogs and other vanila domestical animals on embark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1857 on: January 17, 2014, 11:39:41 am »

Because they are disabled by default. MiscFeature:SimplePets:On. You get nicer replacements for them. Moleweasels are good vermin hunters for example, and Mastiffs way better guard dogs.

denadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: January 17, 2014, 11:40:29 am »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: January 18, 2014, 08:31:10 am »

I'm browsing the melee weapons list trying to find the biggest hammer I can that dwarves can still use one handed. I understand the function of the 2H/1H column, but what is the size of an adult dwarf, and is there possibility that it may vary on an individual basis, such that it is possible one dwarf could use a large weapon one handed, but another can not?
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 165