Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165]

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 192607 times)

jhoson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #2460 on: May 19, 2014, 02:47:03 pm »

Got some problems with the Carp Cult too and need some help.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2461 on: May 19, 2014, 04:59:33 pm »

I think the dpeakers podium currently targets every dwarf, just not the ones it should. I am fairly certsin that I just messed that up, its nothing specific in your fort, just a modding error.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: May 19, 2014, 06:15:54 pm »

It's me again. I suppose, you will see my questions here quite often. Because I can't find out a lot of things myself.
Btw, previous problems with trade licenses got solved as soon, as I began new fortress. I also have regional rain now, but it looks bugged again. In Joyous Wilds biome I have only dwarf blood rains.
1. How much sovereigns/shillings I will get for X shillings/coppers respectively.
2. What the luck song in the tavern does? Which aspects of the fortress it affects?
3. Where can I create musical instruments like harmonica, triangle and others? Where can I make sawblades?
4. Is it possible to choose type of large gem, that is created in gemcutter's workshop? I'd like to produce large diamonds to sell it to fine goods store.
That's all for now. I hope, you won't be annoyed by few more stupid questions in nearest future. I try to search for answers on wiki and in built-in manual first, but still can't find it. Prob I just miss them because of my english.
I am not a native english speaker. Sorry for mistakes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2463 on: May 19, 2014, 07:32:56 pm »

1, Bronze:Silver:Gold 4:2:1
2, Affects the random number generator, for example the quality of items or combat.
3, Instruments: Trade with other races. Sawblades are trap-comps. Try the forge.
4, Stockpile links to the Gemcutter.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: May 22, 2014, 08:34:20 pm »

So I just had a dwarf go into a fey mood and he built an "Adjustable Fireball Turret". I'm guessing that that is a turret part (I haven't got to the point where I could make high tech buildings yet) but I'd like to know if that's true.

I'm also wondering, if my previous assumption is true, does the fact that this Adjustable Fireball Turret is made of Orichalcum and is an artifact will have any affect on the final turret product in any way or is it better off being shut in a display case for the value.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2465 on: May 23, 2014, 09:24:43 am »

Sounds like a gnomish weapon... ask indigofenix. :)

rustyshack1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: May 24, 2014, 02:18:15 am »

Heya, really simple question. Is bifrost normally a mine-able stone? I know it is listed as a material that you normally get from frost giant corpses, but in my embark I seem to have stumbled upon a location where the first 7 layers of rock contain 'Bifrost.' I haven't been able to melt them into bars or anything, but whenever I make a table or something out of them it ends up being worth 3000 urist which struck me as odd....not that I'm complaining but it definitely made invasions come a lot sooner and more frequently.

slom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: May 24, 2014, 02:48:10 am »

Now I would like to know more about new domestic pets.
1. Broodlings and bloodlings. Are they useful? What do they do?
2. I suspect that there are some useful creatures, that can't be ordered with liaisons. I've seen Inkhorns. Is it possible to "milk" them to get ink? Any other?
3. How exactly magma/waterlings and liquid spawners work? Do they create an infinite source of water so I can drown whole magmalake? Or do they just create 7/7 water/magma tile? Is it possible to give an order to only 1 magmaling?
I am not a native english speaker. Sorry for mistakes.

Jasturd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: May 24, 2014, 09:39:55 am »

Can someone explain to me how to turn peat into fuel as I'm currently having issues with it. Mostly with compacting it. cheers

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: May 24, 2014, 09:51:35 am »

1. Broodlings and bloodlings. Are they useful? What do they do?
2. I suspect that there are some useful creatures, that can't be ordered with liaisons. I've seen Inkhorns. Is it possible to "milk" them to get ink? Any other?
3. How exactly magma/waterlings and liquid spawners work? Do they create an infinite source of water so I can drown whole magmalake? Or do they just create 7/7 water/magma tile? Is it possible to give an order to only 1 magmaling?

1- I don't think Broodlings do anything anymore,and Bloodlings can be milked for blood.
2- Inkhornes have nothing to do with ink,they are a good biome deer.Edit* any poisonous animal can be milked for its poison.
3- The waterlings/magmalings give an infinite amount of water/magma,it is only possibe to give all magmalings,and all waterlings an order to produce,and the only way to stop them is to give them an order to stop (which kills them [i think]).

Can someone explain to me how to turn peat into fuel as I'm currently having issues with it. Mostly with compacting it. cheers

Its compacted at a screw press,then taken to the smelter.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:53:59 am by Isngrim »
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: May 24, 2014, 10:22:07 am »

Heya, really simple question. Is bifrost normally a mine-able stone? I know it is listed as a material that you normally get from frost giant corpses, but in my embark I seem to have stumbled upon a location where the first 7 layers of rock contain 'Bifrost.' I haven't been able to melt them into bars or anything, but whenever I make a table or something out of them it ends up being worth 3000 urist which struck me as odd....not that I'm complaining but it definitely made invasions come a lot sooner and more frequently.

No, bifrost shouldn't exist as a layer stone (let alone on the surface as a replacement for soils). This is a case of duplicate raws, caused by a bug with the launcher. I forget exactly how the problem arises, something to do with the order in which you change settings then gen a world (or vice versa).

Ah, here it is:

what's breaking the raws is changing (some) options after changing a tileset. until i can get a fix out, a workaround to the issue is to either:
- close and restart the settings GUI immediately after changing a tileset, and then change any other options
- change all your options first, and ensure that the tileset change is the very last thing you do
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 10:28:58 am by Niveras »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: May 26, 2014, 01:29:11 pm »

What is the difference between 4i and 4j? I can't find a changelog anywhere.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2472 on: May 26, 2014, 03:53:19 pm »

What is the difference between 4i and 4j? I can't find a changelog anywhere.
More Gnomes content and these changes: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137402.msg5130541#msg5130541

Amagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: May 26, 2014, 09:12:03 pm »

I got the message that the Monarch would be arriving in the fortress. He did, with a sizeable entourage, but what I got was 3 nobles that are simply called "lords" with no room requirements of any kind. Also 5 "traders" that I can't control (marked as friendly in other creatures tab) that just hang around the area where the migrant wave arrived from. What is going on?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: May 26, 2014, 09:16:31 pm »

I got the message that the Monarch would be arriving in the fortress. He did, with a sizeable entourage, but what I got was 3 nobles that are simply called "lords" with no room requirements of any kind. Also 5 "traders" that I can't control (marked as friendly in other creatures tab) that just hang around the area where the migrant wave arrived from. What is going on?

Lords and ladies are just generic nobles created to look after keeps.

There is a bug where when traders who came to your fort as part of a caravan may try to migrate to your fort some time afterwards, but for some reason still think that they are there to trade. Use the 'v'iew option to select them, then type 'tweak fixmigrant' into the DFHack window to fix them.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165]