Masterwork DF V.2i:NOTES: I wanted to write the Guilds/Mage system into this release as well, but the dfhack script does not seem to work yet. Patience is needed. There is also a slight bug concerning autosyndrome, it is what made some buildings deconstruct. I fixed this temporarily by only using fire-safe buildmats in these workshops. If anyone still has buildings that deconstruct, please leave me a PM.
Briess/Locriani was kind enough to make a Masterwork namespace on the wiki. This means the official dwarf fortress wiki now includes a separate section for MDF. I encourage everyone to have a look and see if you can chime in on the creation. I will give more infos about this later next week.
Dwarf mode only got some balancing, Kobolds next to nothing, Orcs a major update, and with AdvFort adventure mode should offer more options now.Dfhack
- Added autofixhandedness.rb, allowing custom gloves to be made, done by Kurik Amudnil
- Added autobutcher with custom UI, done by robert heinrich
- Added 2 more utility plugins, done by falconne
- Added 3 modder plugins for custom ammo, events and syndromes, done by Putnam
Readme and more information: Autobutcher
and Utility plugins
WikiOfficial Masterwork Wiki
(almost completely empty atm)
- Removed meteoric button (because its super rare now)
- Removed concubine button (dont exist anymore)
- Added Embassy button, toggles Dwarven Embassy Workshop
- Added English Dwarves button, switches language files to plain english. Urist McUrist = Dagger McDagger
- Turning Orc Mode on automatically turns gnomes off, for balancing reasons.
- Fixed a bug. Switching from Kobold Mode to Orc Mode, without turning Kobolds off, left stone undiggable.
- Moved Manual links to the top, added icons.
- Added a donation link. (paypal)
- Moved utility buttonsBalancing & Bugfixes
- Fixed deconstructing buildings. YEAH. (no more exploding temples and such)
- Fixed right-click mouse crash. (dfhack related)
- Fixed 'e' from unit selection in military screen crash. (dfhack related)
- Fixed "build slade turret" reagents.
- Fixed "butcher living rock" reaction.
- Removed "make boulder from blocks" reaction.
- Brass Batch 16 making now produces 16 bars, instead of 12.
- Pig Iron Batch 12 making now needs 12 iron, 6 flux, 6 coal. (50% less coal/flux then the normal reaction)
- Steel Batch 12 making now needs 6 pig iron, 6 iron, 3 coal and 3 flux. (50% less coal/flux then the normal reaction)
- The Armory can now upgrade gauntlets to plate gauntlets.
- Metal Armorsets now need 2 bars more and include 2 gauntlets.
- Leather Armorsets from the tailor now need 1 leather more and include 2 gloves.
- Bought crates with armorsets now include gauntlets.
- Added gem, volcanic and bifrost gauntlets
- Added clear, green and crystal glass gauntlets
- Removed "copy blueprint" reaction, it could easily be exploited for high-value tradegoods.
- Human and Gnome ethics are now equal, to prevent their caravans from fighting each other.
- Patternwelded Metals, Orichalcum and Deep Bronze can no longer be ordered from caravans.
- Meteorite is a lot rarer.
- Removed concubines.
- Removed iridium. All iridium replaced with Orichalcum.
- Nerfed bronze statue. No longer lockpicking, no longer webimmune, only spawns in 3rd cavern.
- Nerfed bifrost edge. Was a typo, one 0 too much.
- Buffed volcanic. TORSION/SHEAR/BENDING_FRACTURE values were missing one 0.
- Buffed Wolframs Shear values by a factor of 100.
- Nerfed mithril. Its a little bit heavier now. 10x candy-weight, welded mithril 3x candy-weight.
- Padded gloves and padded boots can now be worn under boots/gauntlets. Probably. ^^
- Added [LEATHER] and [ITEMS_LEATHER] to rigid scaleplate and suede. Is now stockpiled correctly.
- Armorsets in the Armory now need fuel. 5 coal, 3 less then if done in the forge.
- Wheelbarrows and Minecarts can now be made of rock.
- Fixed ironhand/ascii tool file for kobolds. Cauldron/ladles/mortat/pestle from wood were only possible in Phoebus.
- Fixed "brew pig tail" reaction in brewery. It produces "drink" instead of "dwarven ale".
- Fixed the spam messages from the lifemancer speed boost spell.
- Removed any_land from sea serpent, sea monster and water dragon.
- Nerfed bolts/arrows. Wooden arrows no longer pierce steel armor, and it makes the new ammo types more intersting.
- Removed all biome tokens from armored animals except horses. No more wild steelclad sauropods.
- Removed oil sand.
- Fixed Alarm Siren hotkey. Was the same as the colosseum hotkey. Is now ALT_X.
- Added Embassy Workshop. Hotkey Shift_V.
- Fixed a typo in the weapon attack description.
- Fixed superior mace attacks, accidently had the attacks of the legendary version.
- Added [CANOPENDOORS] to Gnomes.
- Changed the buildmats for the magic buildings a little. You need less materials, but one magic item for each.
- Trade these items (dwarven rune, grimoire of death, tome of life) from caravans, just like before.
- Changed altar and temples buidmats a bit. You need ceremonial statues for the first, ceremonial totems for the second.
- Build a shrine, make ceremonial statue. Build an altar, make ceremonial totem. Build a temple.
- I made this simply to ensure people starting with an altar, then a shrine, then a temple.
- Fixed netherbark leather. Is now stockpiled correctly and accepted by the military uniform templates.
- Slightly changed bush tiles and grass color.
- Added claimsite script
- Ctrl-T starts the advfort script.
- This means you can build a fortress as an adventurer.
- You can dig, fell trees, build workshops and run reactions.
More info: See this post in the dfhack thread
Isoworld now allows these awesome things. 4 example screenshots of human towns]Orc Fortress
- Updated to 1.28b
- This is a MASSIVE
Full Orc Fortress changelog, careful very large list.
* Balance: Dwarven labor cell is more likely to produce rock, but less likely to produce metal ore
* Dwarven labor cell gains small chance to strike Hematite.
* bugfix: SHIELD token on ruins loot (fixes "deep bronze shirt")
* added [ITEMS_AMMO] to special ammo (shrapnel, e.g.) so that it appears on the Ammunition select screen(?)
* changed AOE special ammo to STONE_TEMPLATE (from METAL_), only effect should be removing ITEM_HARD and ITEM_QUERN(?)
* fix spelling "sergeant" in graphics and entity nobles
* fix verb conj of Bloodcurse text
* Balance: increase the cooldown period of Bloodcurse
* Balance: Petrify ivyrune "paralysis" effect changed to unconciousness (non-fatal)
* Balance: nerf somewhat the physical force of spell ammo
* note with new itemsyndrome the magical spell ammo attacks will be more reliable
* physical force is still pretty good
* new magic weapons, Magestaff (hammer, shares ammo with ivywhip) and Oracles Kris (dagger, shares ammo with wraithblade)
* new magic shield, Dreamcatcher (will be made of itemsyndrome to impart powerful spell abilities)
* new Dreamwalker specialties: Frostskald and Oracle
* double the pop_ratio of all other castes so spellcasters are still <1% of native population
* define Frostskald and Oracle transform syndromes
* add Frostskald and Oracle to allowed castes for a la carte spells
* remove Orc access to make obsidian at crucible
* MDF compatability: Polymorph creates muskox or sheep? instead of aurochs
* autosyndromed the existing magic transform spells
* check Druid unique spells: incl update clay to use new materials MUDBOLT_ORC globs
* check Sorc unique spells:
* reduce cooldown of Pain/Decay, but limit range to 10
* add CDI:BONEARMOR_ORC and new interaction BONEARMOR_ORC
* remove Bloodcurse (will be added to the new Kris mage weapon)
* check Skald unique spells; move the ones that will become other spells
* check Oracle unique spells
* define SOLARFLARE_ORC
* define DOOM_PROPHESY_ORC
* define many materials for spell effects (fire, ice, acid, wasps, etc.)
* define all other dreamwalkers spells
* No more Temporary spell learning, only Permanent (powerful spells will need cost balancing)
* Dangerous etc. spells will be tied to EQUIPMENT so you can unequip as needed
* create fletcher's enchanted materials
* create runic ammos' enchanted materials
* define itemsyndrome magic weapons
* define enchanted materials for Warrior Society Masks
* Arcane forge is domestic, no blueprint needed (workshop)
* Temples are now "furnace" menu
* New: Icecrystal Sanctum
* New: Sun and Stars Orrery
* define autosyndrome learning stones for learnable spells
* fletcher use new materials for enchant arrows
* many new reactions for all Temples and Arcane forge
* Mojos are now single use, but the spells are more powerful (and learning is autosyndromed)
* Runic ammo are now first made of ironbone, and then spells are added
* Define the Flamethrower and Satchel
* Flamethrower and Sappers' Satchel reactions at HWA
* Warrior's enchanted masks at the Warrior Society
* Bugfix: Sapper satchel missing CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION
* Barbarian Treesinger's Pagoda reax require elven lyre reagent.
* GROW (trees) and REGRASS to Treesinger
* [PERMITTED_REACTION:RAINDANCE_ORC], SNOWDANCE_ORC, CLEARDANCE_ORC at Stone Circle, Ice Sanctum, Sun Orrery
- note these will all need ORC_TAIGA on the MDF autosyndrome stones to work
* Arcane forge is more orichalcum colored and less magenta colored
* Fluidcaster blueprint craftable @ Arcane Forge from Blood of Armok rough gem
* Fluidcaster blueprint also drops rarely from Dwarf and Ruins raids
* Ashland Glassblower building defined
* Ashland Glass material (light ~mithril grade weapons)
* Ebonglass material (heavy ~mithril grade weapons)
* Ruby glass material (fairly expensive deco glass made with gold powder)
* Cobalt glass material (mid range deco glass made with cobalt)
* Many, many, reactions for glass stuffs ^^
* Underdark Nethermill building defined
* cut nether, strip crystal
* nether leather and armor set
* crystal weapons (incl. blademaster's arms) and devilthorn hammer
* Legion Auxilla Outpost building defined
* Crafts dwarf-style weapons (spear and warhammer, crossbow and javelin)
* Compliments orcish armory which is heavily leaning towards slashing weapons otherwise
* Some fancy ammo caster to complete loadouts with hammer, broad, pierce ammo
* Auxilla (spear/xbow) dual kits, any orc can use with shield
* Legion (hammer/jav) dual kits, big orcs can use shield (77500), very powerful kit, only lacks the "whirl and crush" critical hits that dwarf weapons normally have
* Bucanneer Tavern building defined
* Gamble for coin, games for every price point! Lose money in the long run, but maybe you'll get lucky! Or win the other guys jewels, weapons, ship... or more if you play at the Shadowbroker's somnium table.
* Play some music on some foriegn instruments, or play any instrument for tips
- note these will all need ORC_TAIGA on the MDF autosyndrome stones to work
- MUSIC_LUCK MUSIC_NOSLEEP MUSIC_NOFOOD MUSIC_CLEAN MUSIC_SPEED
* Obsidian Spire Library building defined
* Drow raid now drops ITEM_TOOL_BLUEPRINT_ARCANELIBRARY (rare)
* research spells here at will - Temple rituals and raids will only provide (mojo) spells at random
* Runesmith Building copied from Dwarf mode
* Dwarf raid now drops ITEM_TOOL_BLUEPRINT_RUNESMITH (rare)
* Defined runic weapon reactions for (Ir, Ag, Au, Mith, Meteor, Co)
* option for Brig raid ship, only 4 wood! (uses cannon)
* female arctic condors are "hens" to tell them apart on pasture screen
* Boreal tubers will grow in glacier
* Selling blood/booze to Freelancer does now depend on amount, so probably more value
* Meadhall now brews:
* Black Draught (honey & blood; healing) and
* Firewater (honey & boreal pear & boreal tuber; ++str/tough/end, -agi/foc/mem/spa)
* Add a more profitable "gem heist" to Kobald Tracker, req a kob migrant
* The new mid tech ally Outlander tech building blueprints are available for trade (suggested) and at caravanserai (kinda a ripoff)
* The high-tech Barbarian blueprints still restricted
* Crates, trade reaction, opening reaction, entity
[PERMITTED_REACTION:CRATE_MOONSTONE] - rare reagent for Ashland glass
[PERMITTED_REACTION:CRATE_ARCANII] - dark magic spell mojos, chance for dreamcatcher
[PERMITTED_REACTION:CRATE_SPELLSWORD] - alteration spells, chance for dreamcatcher
[PERMITTED_REACTION:CRATE_DESTRUCTION] - direct damage spells, chance for dreamcatcher
[PERMITTED_REACTION:CRATE_HEALING] - buff and rejuv spells, chance for dreamcatcher
* EVIL DROW ENTITY (in MDF/entity_drow_evil)
* Convert their stuff into the similar OF counterparts to reduce item clutter
* Converted weapons EVIL1, EVIL3, and EVIL5 into WHIP_CHAIN, CLAWS, KATANA
* Added ITEM_WEAPON_BLADEMASTER_ARMS
* Swap BULLETSPIKES for CROSSBOW and BOLTS
* Added [PERMITTED_BUILDING:NETHERMILL] etc.
* remove ITEM_TOOL_BLUEPRINT_GOLEM
* edited positions to update to the MDF name of creature [ALLOWED_CREATURE:DROW_EVIL] from :RHENAYAS_DROW, previously many of the positions were probably not having valid creatures available to fill them
* EVIL DROW TRADE REACTION (in OF/reaction_orcfort)
* Remove FUNGI and BULLETSPIKE crates
* Add BLUEPRINT_NETHERMILL
* cleared out some strange natural skill tokens that were really high, and getting overwritten at caste anyway
* I used Rhenaya's code for albino caste and for a darkness material rather than trying to reinvent. Just tweaked the stats and popratios a bit to be in line with other masterwork entities, implemented a mage caste and a spell using her material
* A medium-sized and evil creature, living in matriarchistic underground cities. Drow rarely meddle in the affairs of others, but when the time is right to strike they do so with deadly force. Deep drow traders occassionally venture to the surface world to barter mysterious goods from the underdark.
* (2%) The rare albino drow are quite capable of passing for a common elf. As such they are trained from birth to become masterful assassins.
* (2%) Drow shadowblades are feared warriors. They use magical darkness to disorient their victims in the last moments before a kill.
* EVIL HUMAN ENTITY (in MDF/entity_human_evil)
* Make them Pirates rather than Paladins
* Remove longsword, maul, tier-1 and -2 xbow and jav upgrades, paladin armor and tower shields
* Added SCIMITAR, CAT_O_NINE_TAILS, BANDANA, BUCKLER and regular armor
* Remove permitted building armory, weaponry etc
* Added [PERMITTED_BUILDING:ROGUE_TAVERN] etc
* pirate/thiefs type position names
* EVIL HUMAN TRADE REACTION (in OF/reaction_orcfort)
* Remove CANNON and STEEL_ARMOR crate
* Add BLUEPRINT_TAVERN
* A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition. The folk of men is a great one, building mighty cities and roads. Having an intrepid mind they invented firearms and trade muskets or pistols. Human bandit outsiders form free townships, pirate coves, and rebel fortresses, thriving outside the reach of the law.
* (10%) Buccaneers are natural masters of swashbuckling combat.
* EVIL ELF ENTITY (in MDF/entity_elf_evil)
* Make them Ashlanders (sort of chimer/dunmery) rather than Silvans
* Add [PERMITTED_BUILDING:ASHLAND_GLASS] and the glass material reactions
* Remove generic bow (they have many better options!)
* Remove butterfly knives
* Add ITEM_WEAPON_MACUAHUITL and ITEM_WEAPON_ASSASSIN_ARMS
* Ashland noble position titles
* EVIL ELF TRADE REACTION (in OF/reaction_orcfort)
* Remove MITHRIL bars
* Add IRONBONE, ASHLAND_GLASS, ASHLAND_EBONY
* Remove GREATBOW crates and SINGING_ARROW crates (sorry, kinda OP, still order indiv stacks if you want)
* Add BLUEPRINT_GLASS
* Removed Silk clothing crate (moved to Drow)
* A medium-sized creature dedicated to the ruthless protection of their traditions. Ashlander elves live a semi-nomadic lifestyle and follow an unusual religion of ancestor spirit worship. Ashlanders are distrustful of outsiders and repay even the least of slights with bloodfeud. Their glassblowers are renowned for the brilliant colored stains and strong alloys they work from the grey wasteland sands.
* (5%) Spellswords are an elite caste of ashland wardancers who balance their mastery of the blade with an inate aptitude for magic.
* (3%) Incarnate elves are born with a rare degree of grace in combat. In the ashland religion they are believed to bear the mark of an ancestor spirit.
* EVIL DWARF ENTITY (in MDF/entity_dwarf_evil)
* Legion style combined arms wargear, plus dark magic
* Remove a number (not all) swords, thrown, and 2H weapons
* Added ITEM_WEAPON_AUXILLA_KIT and ITEM_WEAPON_LEGION_KIT
* Added [PERMITTED_BUILDING:LEGION_OUTPOST] and etc.
* imperial type position names
* EVIL DWARF TRADE REACTION (in OF/reaction_orcfort)
* Add BLUEPRINT_LEGION
* legion type profession names and caste descriptions
* delete tons and tons of duplicate tokens
* delete the good-dwarves mage castes
* DESCRIPTION:A stocky humanoid fond of drink, industry and destruction. The Chaos Legion are bound by strange and terrible oaths to a dark aspect of the blood god Armok.
* (3%) Arcanii are naturally attuned to black magic and often rise quickly through the ranks of the imperial cult.
* (10%) Patricians are dwarves of immense wealth and power. They expand their lifespans and physical prowess through expensive and unnatural treatments at the Fleshsculptor's studio.
* (3%) Gladiators who survive a great tournament are awarded citizenship, pending exposure to a raw warpstone node. Myrmadons are a caste of survivors twisted into a grotesque form with great strength and multiple arms.
* (3%) ... Equites are a caste of survivors twisted into a grotesque form with great agility and the lower body of a warhorse.
* debug new castes, especially the Myrmadon and Equite ^^
* Tinkerer can [PERMITTED_REACTION:MINERAL_OIL_ORC]
* Sapper's weapons can use any oil, not just mineral oil
* bugfix, Boreal plants grow in TUNDRA (autumn and winter), not GLACIER
* hotfix for buildings damaged by magic - remove wood and bone buildmats from all bldgs with magic/music/knowledge
* totem pole = ironbone
* stone circle = firesafe blocks, no wood
* icecrystal sanctum = silver and iron, no blocks
* anatomical theatre = firesafe everything
* bloodbowl pitch = firesafe blocks, no wood
* weight set = firesafe bucket and blocks
* buccaneer's tavern = firesafe blocks; no barrels
* treesinger's pagoda = firesafe blocks, 1 mithril statue; no seeds etc.
* bugfix: molten pit helm missing reagent
* removed knowledge stone drops from training-weapon practice sessions (quickfix for damage to wood items)
* all glassblower reacs now uses raw green glass rather than sand as reagent
* cobalt glass, ebonglass and ashland (weapon) glass no longer requires pearlash
* bugfix: remove [BUILDMAT] on bucket reagent of weight set
* removed knowledge stone drops from all training reactions(?) (quickfix for damage to leather/cloth/etc. items)
* bugfix: c/p error prevented music reactions at the Rogue's Tavern
* bugfix: typo fluidcaster blueprint @ arcane forge should be 100% product, not 10
* Updates to manual w.r.t. version 1.2x changes
* Damasc crafts properly uses METALCRAFT skill
* Damasc 2nd wolfram option FORGE_MORNSTAR_ORC (morningstar)
* Removed orc access to Padded gear (mostly redundant, some of it layers oddly)
* Olog are a caste of thick-skinned brutes from the deepest mountains, slow to learn most tasks. They are deadly with blunt weapons, and surprisingly fond of working quietly with stone or jewels.
* Spelled "Taiga" correctly about 60 or 70 more times than before (this might have broken MDF's copy of the "warband" embark profile w.r.t. the t<ia>ga sabrecat)
* Vibroblade requires a large gem rather than barbedwire
* Balance: Domestic Society weapon codices require only *one* large gem
* Fire_build_safe token doesn't work on buckets, traction bench, table; replace with inorganic
* define MAGMA_ORC_FACTORY building and reax
* bugfix: entity was missing the damasc adamant katana recipes
* sort of bugfix: wolfram damasc recipes require copper not silver, to bring in line with MDF recipes
* remove damasc wolfram armor (just realized while wikiing that it's terrible against shear, like, tin level)
* swap damasc wolfram Morningstar to Warhammer (same reason)
* swap ancient foundry orichalcum replica products to daikatana and greataxe (instead of dwarf flavor weapons)
//END OF THE ORC FORTRESS LOGKobold Camp
- Fixed wooden tools not appearing in ascii/ironhand version
- Embassy. Invite caravans, migrants and diplomats or declare wars and challenge megabeasts.