Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Interest in Orc Fortress for vanilla 44.xx?  (Read 25627 times)

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest in Orc Fortress for vanilla 44.xx?
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2019, 04:17:59 am »

I'd definitely like to see continued support for your orcs and a standalone version of them compatible with the newest DF version.

They are different than your typical fantasy orcs. Almost a native american sort of vibe for their traditional workshops and magic system, But also their own thing. They are the default race I choose to play anytime I boot up masterwork DF and I've become quite fond of their playstyle, and when playing as other civs, I think they're a more interesting antagonist than the goblin race.

Thanks for your work creating them as they are.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2024, 08:58:05 am »

Hi, not to make a unnessecary bump if you're not working on this anymore, but just as a cursory note downloading this again to see if i could jerryrig the classic version for 50.12 for my own use, a couple of the reactions are redundant for leaving behind soap crates of different qualities that would have been used on the not-included raiders drydock.

Also, given that in 50.xx all inorganic metal armors can be melted down by normal smelters (steel etc), mythril has a exploitable loop of dusting on the damasc forge, applying it to armor or large weapons, then returning 2 bars for being melted down via a smelter, to start again on 1 bar = 1 bag. Its nice to revisit this again, though some of the ashland elf-stuff and mythril extra-material additions could be added on after as a optional module, to just keep this as a clean orc-race only pack.

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2024, 07:31:25 am »

Would love to see this updated sometime! It's honestly still the main thing I've been waiting on before shelling out for the Steam version of DF
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]