Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [ORC] Gameplay Questions  (Read 7287 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: [ORC] Gameplay Questions
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 09:41:01 pm »

Okay, really stupid question, but I can't seem to start a game of orc fortress.  I go to the settings, click on orcs to change it to yes, hit play dwarf fortress, gen a new world, but it still only gives me the option of dwarf fortress.  What am I doing wrong?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 09:54:44 pm »

Are you actually checking your options (press tab on the embark screen)?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 10:09:07 pm »

That may be the issue. I'll try that next time I play.

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 07:44:56 pm »

Can anyone explain to me the requirements to wield a 2h weapon in one hand without suffering penalty? I gather that most Uruks and some strong orcs can do so, but I'm wondering what the actual requirements are.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 07:45:47 pm »

You have to be large enough.

That's it.

seristal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 09:05:45 pm »

So um, I'm having trouble figuring out how to play as orcs. I tried changing my civilization but they're all dwarven and embarkment loadouts don't seem to choose your race. Am I missing something?

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 11:16:16 pm »

1) on the masterwork settings make sure the Taiga orcs are a playable race. It makes this all easier if they are the only one.

2) Gen new world

3). On the embark screen select, use tab until you see the list of your civilization you can choose. The are highlighted in blue on the map and use different symbols. The statues are dwarves, the grates are kobolds, and the third are the orcs (never remember it's shape). 

4) pick an embark load out for the orcs. Not required but makes starting out easier with the specifics needs of the orcs in mind.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2013, 04:57:39 am »

i have played like 4 or 5 orc forts yet and now i'm wondering:

is it possible for an orc to become a vampire?

and if so: is there any way to turn one into such creature via some (upcoming?) workshop/reaction or by df-hack cheating?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2013, 10:19:18 am »

Orcs can be vampires. There was one succession fort that was even attacked by taiga orcs riding giant blight bats, with a elder vampire general. Very awesome that one.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2013, 09:27:24 am »

interessting  :o

but now i assume there is no cheap way to enforce vampirism and i have to play the waiting game till one appears 

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2013, 09:39:07 am »

Orcs can be vampires. There was one succession fort that was even attacked by taiga orcs riding giant blight bats, with a elder vampire general. Very awesome that one.
Oh so definitely link me.

You have to be large enough.

That's it.
That's kinda incorrect, as all dwarves I have are capable of wielding a zweihander with a kiteshield. ALL OF THEM.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2013, 10:54:32 am »

That's kinda incorrect, as all dwarves I have are capable of wielding a zweihander with a kiteshield. ALL OF THEM.

They can wield it one handed, but with severe penalties.  The Uruks are capable of wielding a zwiehander one-handed with no penalty
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 11:02:51 am by CptCrunchy »
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2014, 06:30:09 pm »

I have started a game of orc fortress, and am on my first year. Here some thoughts and questions-
Orcs are faster than dwarves.
Orcs are braver than dwarves- as I am playing a mostly aboveground fort in an evil area, corpses occasionally stand up. When one does, every orc in the vicinity dogpiles on them.
Orcs are stronger than dwarves- not one orc has yet been killed, though thirty zombies have perished in one season.
How powerful are the second year elven ambushes? What do I need to kill them?
What is the advantage of making claws and macuahuitls at the tribal warcrafter, other than speed?
How powerful are bone botkin arrows?
How many arrows can go into a quiver? I thought the limit was forty, but I have one orc running around with over 100 in his quiver.

Thanks, everyone.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:43:54 pm by someone12345 »
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Mr.Frosty

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Entering a Fey mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2014, 12:02:45 am »

So I have a small problem, my Hunters aren't hunting.

I started with the Forest clan embark, I noticed the guy didn't have a quiver so I thought that was the problem. I made a quiver out of leather I managed to get, he equipped it, but still he didn't went out to hunt.

Also a "Ranger" migrated to my fortress, with all his hunting gear, and he refused to hunt also.

I made bolas, bodkins, javelins, Tomahawks with no success.

What am I doing wrong.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2014, 07:00:10 pm »

Your hunting problem is most likely an issue with ammo.  Go into your military screen and go to the ammo tab.  In there look for what type of ammo is assigned to H for hunters.  Most likely it's the default bolts.  Go ahead and add a new type of ammo in there of whatever you currently have.  If you don't care about ranged military right now give them several things.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4