Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 905876 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #1020 on: June 24, 2016, 05:04:23 am »

ools?

modtools?

Also, it's df.global.world.history, whoever wrote that script.

zukar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 24, 2016, 05:10:15 am »

seem to have a weird problem trying to get hermit mode to work, it appears to be killing off the 7 starting dwarfs but isnt spawning the hermit, so I get the "your settlement has crumbled" message once all ur civs are dead. tried genning a new world and selecting a few different races for the hermit (goblins, dwarfs + a few animal men) but the end result is always the same.

redownloading seems to have fixed the weird file extraction problem, although it still keeps killing off the 7 dwarfs and not spawning the hermit

I'm having the exact same issue as this person. Anyone know a fix for it? Google didn't turn up much anything, sadly.
The hermit does spawn, but I get a few .lua errors in DF Hack once the reaction is called. And, as this person experienced, all seven dwarves die and I get a game over, unable to continue in the hermit mode. What's the deal?

yo, the 43 version has hermit mode working to an extent. selecting dwarf ends up killing the hermit and the 7 starting ones, and going goblin makes therapist crash. Tested koblod and succubus and they work perfectly, as well as a couple of animal men.
alternatively if you still want to run hermit mode on 42 you could copy the "create-unit-friendly.lua" file from the 43 version and drop it into 42.

one weird glitch though is that it sometimes spawns 2 guys, so you might want to use the "exterminate him" command too kill off the guy that isnt your hermit in ur noble screen.

although since its friday meph should be releasing another updated, which i presume will fix the hermit mode issues.

Burakin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 24, 2016, 05:48:32 am »

Hi,

I'm experiencing extreme unstableness generating worlds.
Many, many time (85%) majority the map doenst finish at year 777 but crashed before that.
I've tried medium maps too - same result.
I have discerned no reproducable moment of crash- it may be in year 87 or year 557.

I'm wanting to get started with your mod - but this is preventing me to.

Am I doing something wrong? Can I give you info to help me?

thx

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1023 on: June 24, 2016, 07:37:23 am »

although since its friday meph should be releasing another updated, which i presume will fix the hermit mode issues.
Its Friday?

Shit. I could have sworn its Thursday.  :o
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 25, 2016, 06:25:25 am »

Hi,

I'm experiencing extreme unstableness generating worlds.
Many, many time (85%) majority the map doenst finish at year 777 but crashed before that.
I've tried medium maps too - same result.
I have discerned no reproducable moment of crash- it may be in year 87 or year 557.

I'm wanting to get started with your mod - but this is preventing me to.

Am I doing something wrong? Can I give you info to help me?

thx

i tend to generate worlds with only 100 or 200 years of history, i found that even vanilla doesnt handle 1000 years well back when i started anyway... he he

try using start with advanced parameters and the garden of gaia map setting, check it at 100 years, keep in mind with masterwork the longer the world gen the more "often" races get bumped off by others (elves just dont seem to survive when you activate a whole buncha invaders)

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 25, 2016, 10:08:44 am »

If you're having trouble generating as long a history as you like, you could try a smaller world.  On my machine 250 years of history is about the limit for a medium sized world, but I can do 1000+ for a "smaller" or "pocket" world.  Stability isn't perfect and you gotta turn titans and megas down for any civs to survive, but it works for me within a couple tries.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1026 on: June 25, 2016, 10:30:35 am »

Just to make it absolutely clear:

Hermit mode is working again with the current version. A line in a script was wrong, its fixed.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 26, 2016, 03:43:25 am »

I just redownloaded 1.07 and made two attempts at hermit mode.  Both times settlement crumbled when I attempted to generate my hermit at the workshop.  No errorlog.txt was generated either time.  (Using Obsidian Soul tiles this time around.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1028 on: June 26, 2016, 09:37:26 am »

Yeah, screw me, the fix is also broken.  :(

Topodic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 26, 2016, 10:00:43 pm »

I can confirm that Zukar's suggestion works flawlessly for me - so whatever the difference in the 43.03's script is makes it fine.  :)

(Though there is one minor oddity in that I've been receiving caravans. I was under the impression that that should not be the case. Still great fun though.)

steelyeyed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: June 26, 2016, 11:08:53 pm »

Good evening all,
I've been trying the newest Friday downloads for over a month now, and still having the same issue with each one.  I download the new files, delete the entire folder and directory, create a new folder and place everything into it.  World gen works fine. Everything else works fine until embark.  at that point it freezes for a while (normal) then crashes to desktop with a "Dwarf Fortress has stopped working" error message.  Tried it with different tile sets, this time just ran it from everything default, then picked out my equipment and animals, still same crash.
Suggestions?
Thanks,
JDD

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 27, 2016, 12:27:28 am »

Try using no Twbt graphics?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1032 on: June 27, 2016, 04:19:45 am »

Good evening all,
I've been trying the newest Friday downloads for over a month now, and still having the same issue with each one.  I download the new files, delete the entire folder and directory, create a new folder and place everything into it.  World gen works fine. Everything else works fine until embark.  at that point it freezes for a while (normal) then crashes to desktop with a "Dwarf Fortress has stopped working" error message.  Tried it with different tile sets, this time just ran it from everything default, then picked out my equipment and animals, still same crash.
Suggestions?
Thanks,
JDD
Thats strange, because I do test the default settings quite thoroughly. Is there an errorlog.txt in your dwarffortress folder?

No one else has been reporting crashes on embark like this...  :-\

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 27, 2016, 04:44:27 am »

until embark.  at that point it freezes for a while (normal) then crashes to desktop with a "Dwarf Fortress has stopped working" error message.

Do you have it set to create an initial save file on embark, and is that save compressed?  It would be instructive to try it every which way: either saving or compression could be the source of your crash, and if they aren't, you might actually be able to generate a complete save, providing more information about when exactly the crash is occurring (i.e. before/after the initial save.)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 28, 2016, 05:02:34 pm »

So I'm trying to play Hermit Mode... I've built the 'Select Your Hermit' workshop, but there's no 'reactions' in it (Q), as advised by the quick start.

Any help available, please?

Edit;

Lovely how my search didn't take me to the latest results of 'hermit' 'dwarf fortress'... Took me to page 50-something, but I see from previous posts recently I'm not the only one. :D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:04:20 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 166