Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 905711 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 22th July
« Reply #1155 on: July 23, 2016, 02:25:23 am »

Yes, the embark size and points script use dfhack, the scripts are not updated to 43.03 yet. I noticed the grazing too, but dont know why or how, because in theory it has the right values.

c) I had ~20 crashes when placing furnitures in my dwarf quarters. All of them within the area of three 3x3 houses, but I can't see any constants about it beside this. So - every time it's caused by different furniture placed on different place. No idea what happened, but it repeated itself. If you don't have problems with playing the save for a one-two month and repeat my steps of placing furnitures to see what causes the problems, I can sent you my save.
Yes please. First time I hear about someone having crashes in a menu. Sounds like a dfhack plugin to me. Have you tried that save without dfhack?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 23, 2016, 06:51:58 am »

Actually - not. I don't even know how to shut dfhack down xD You will have to try it for yourself, I'll send you the save in the priv.
I've set grazing to 9000 and this time it works fine. Hmm.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 23, 2016, 07:16:49 am »

Found this very old script here ( http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4546075#msg4546075 ) and it still works as a bandaid solution.

Code: [Select]
-- Shows/resets hunger and thirst counters

function run(cmd)
local unit=dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit()
if unit then
local name = dfhack.units.getVisibleName(unit)
if name and name.has_name then
unitname = dfhack.TranslateName(name)
else
unitname = "unit"
end

if cmd == 'status' then
print("Status for "..unitname..":")
print("Hunger:", unit.counters2.hunger_timer)
print("Thirst:", unit.counters2.thirst_timer)
elseif cmd == 'reset' then
print("Resetting hunger and thirst counters for "..unitname)
unit.counters2.hunger_timer=0
unit.counters2.thirst_timer=0
end
end
end

local cmd = ...
if not cmd then
qerror('Usage: hunger status/reset')
end
run(cmd)

Just save it as feed.lua. From there, select a creature, type "feed status", then "feed reset", then "feed status" one more time. Compare the results of the first status and second status to confirm that it is working, then just use "feed reset" whenever you need it (don't worry about the statuses)

Edit: Yes, I had the exact same problem as well. It's in the previous release for sure. Not sure of any others

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, can I get an answer to the question above? I don't think I got one unless I missed it
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:18:58 am by bennerman »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1158 on: July 23, 2016, 07:56:47 am »

The water/magma spawning is not in the mod yet, but now that you reminded me, I'll add it next release. Roses wrote something nice for this, a new script that allows more custom options.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 23, 2016, 08:17:28 am »

The Masterwork libraries work again.  Meant to post this earlier, forgot –
In the previous Friday’s release, 15 July, v. 1.10, the Scriptorum again writes the books.  Or rather, the books don’t simply dematerialize after being written.   :)

I’m still finding issues with textiles seemingly with ‘foreign’ and ‘local’ tags on thread and cloth, affecting (auto)loom, dye shop, embroidery, the making of books and the hospital.  In my current 4-year fortress of 15 July release (v1.10), there are hundreds of threads and cloths of various types in various stockpiles and sometimes they’re used, sometimes they’re not – I’m still working on figuring this one out. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 23, 2016, 09:34:36 am »

I've noticed another bug.
In my kitchen menu I have several brewable plants. Yet, I can't make them into beer because my still doesn't consider them as brewable. "Brew from plants" doesn't work, and they don't show on lists of specific plants to brew. The plants are: apricots, foxtail millet plants, longland grass, quinoa, truffles and rope reeds.

Edit: Nevermind the longland grass, it showed now. Strange. 
Edit2: Now it disappeared, even though I still have it in kitchen menu ;_; wtf, I have full barrells of this stuff in the next room.
Edit3: This might be somehow related to the frequent spams of "Cancels Eat: Item inacessible". Any idea what could cause it?
Edit4: Nevermind this... I think I might have found the cause but it's seriously retarded. Plenty of plump helmet men were running around my food storage and... eeee... I'm not sure about that but I think they were blocking the doors and because of them the game considered the food unreachable o_o the bug disappeared when I pastured them away in different room. 

I've started another game and after playing for some time the bug is back. As I really love this fortress, I really hope for quick answer.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:04:56 pm by Mirrond »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 23, 2016, 03:14:55 pm »

Pathfinding glitches are indistinguishable from user error without a save game.

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 23, 2016, 07:05:54 pm »

Actually... in the last part I meant the continuous crash bug I meantioned earlier. ;_; Only after you've replied I noticed that he way I write it it was... easy to be mistaken. Sorry.

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 25, 2016, 01:27:18 am »

Quick Query! If that's ok.

I was wondering if in your mod I'd be able to Tame/Train more creatures than the default experience - thinking Mega Beasts specifically.

Someone said that your mod made Dragons TrapAvoid & so much harder to tame/train, is that true?

Otherwise, my mouth is watering over the content this mod provides.
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.

Spectrelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 26, 2016, 12:08:00 am »

I came back to Dwarf Fortress after a few years, and was happy to see that Masterwork is still around. My favorite part of Masterwork was Orc Fortress, but I can't figure out how to run it in the new edition. There doesn't seem to be an option to play as orcs in the GUI. What am I missing?

Edit: disregard, I figured it out.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 12:51:02 am by Spectrelight »

hormiga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 26, 2016, 02:26:00 pm »

I am having trouble using plump helmets (specifically making booze).

How is this done in Masterwork? Never had a problem in the past.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 26, 2016, 04:45:34 pm »

Man, these updates are really coming fast and hard, I'm especially impressed with the most latest release happening on the Twenty Secoth of July :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1167 on: July 26, 2016, 05:05:54 pm »

Sorry, Phteven made that update.

13thEssence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 29th June
« Reply #1168 on: July 27, 2016, 12:53:16 am »

MW hasn't worked for me since v1.05. I hoped it was just a thing but it seems something was changed in 1.06 that doesn't like my computer.  Please tell me what you need from me to help locate this issue to fix it.

I can still run 1.05 fine - it stats up and plays.  With 1.06, 1.07, and 1.08, all extracted to their own folders exactly like 1.05, I navigate to the folder and open the Masterwork.exe file (blue gear icon).  The splash screen for MW (that says it's loading) shows up as usual, but the main MW window with all the options never happens. There's no error msg or crash notification..........

V1.09 works. MW window loads, game launches. Haven't played yet, but all looks good. Thanks!

This problem has returned for me in 1.10 and 1.11.  I can't load the MW interface/launcher. Splash screen displays, then silently dies.

mikeydmc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 22nd July
« Reply #1169 on: July 27, 2016, 09:07:26 pm »

I've been playing this mod in adventure mode and it seems like the adventurer base building doesn't work. It show the menus and a black screen. Also butchering humanoids seems to cause the game to crash.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 166