Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 905590 times)

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 5th August
« Reply #1215 on: August 16, 2016, 01:14:41 am »

Meanwhile, I am doing dwarves and using plump helmet men as a resource. They aren't actually that scary if you keep their niumbers VERY low. Though, I can see them getting into uncontrollable population growth very quickly if you don't keep culling them constantly…

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1216 on: August 16, 2016, 05:03:22 am »

Last day with laptop access. The next week I'm in the mountains. If you never hear from me again, I died a deadly death. Otherwise I'll leave a message in 1-2 weeks or so.

Cheers,
Meph
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 16, 2016, 09:19:57 am »

Can I switch between fortress races whenever? Like if I generate a world with the ability to play as succubi in fort mode, could I exit DF, switch it off and turn Hermit on, and then go and start a hermit game? Obviously any succubi forts I had would break, but I'm assuming I have no active forts during the switch. Is it doable?
If you go to the save's raw, then go the entity, you can add or remove [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] from the entity, thus changing the game. note that human fort mode involves the Racial Contracts that don't exist unless you start a new world with human mode on, though.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 16, 2016, 09:24:12 am »

What the heck? Sorry, I accidently double-posted.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 10:18:35 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 16, 2016, 10:00:59 am »

Last day with laptop access. The next week I'm in the mountains. If you never hear from me again, I died a deadly death. Otherwise I'll leave a message in 1-2 weeks or so.

Cheers,
Meph
Good luck with your trip Meph, and have a safe journey.

Needs More Pickles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 17, 2016, 11:28:10 am »

Edit: I derped.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:37:46 am by Needs More Pickles »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 17, 2016, 01:33:44 pm »

Meph, would you mind if I used your set of scripts in one of mods?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 17, 2016, 04:12:22 pm »

Meph, would you mind if I used your set of scripts in one of mods?

I'm fairly certain that those aren't Meph's scripts being used, unless he learned how to DFhack at some point. You'd have to ask the people who wrote the scripts.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

ErikPhantom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 18, 2016, 04:35:20 pm »

I'm having a similar issue to DaSwayza in that my game functioned fine until I tried to reload it, it now says it has stopped responding every time at the 'loading artifacts' stage. I did try just leaving it and walking away for awhile to let it think which worked last night but it doesn't appear to be doing it now, also can't tab out of DF while it's not responding so I can't just ignore it for an hour or two. I am about to try disabling TESB since people say it may be the problem and making a new world without it on.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 18, 2016, 08:42:41 pm »

I'm having a similar issue to DaSwayza in that my game functioned fine until I tried to reload it, it now says it has stopped responding every time at the 'loading artifacts' stage. I did try just leaving it and walking away for awhile to let it think which worked last night but it doesn't appear to be doing it now, also can't tab out of DF while it's not responding so I can't just ignore it for an hour or two. I am about to try disabling TESB since people say it may be the problem and making a new world without it on.
There were crash issues with TESB but those were fixed in MW 1.13.  The current crop of crashes appears related to Stal's Armory.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

ErikPhantom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 21, 2016, 11:06:44 pm »

Ah thanks, made a new world with Stal's off and it appears to have fixed the issue.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 22, 2016, 02:39:16 pm »

Number of dwarves/kobolds/whatever on embark

I set the UI launcher to 10, still get 7.  Been away from DF and MWDF for some time, so having to relearn some things (hey, I can still build quantum stockpiles though!) so it may be something I have forgotten.  I tried using the DFhack startdwarf command from hack but that just gives me an error.  Not a huge deal, but I prefer 10 starting as it give a little more early labor and a better mix of early skills.

Oh, same issue with starting funds.  I set it to 4k in UI, I get the default for the advanced world creation (I assume) MWDF world setting (starter/Gaia, etc.) which seems to be 10k.  That one is less of an issue since I can just ignore the excess.

I am launching game from MWDF UI, and I am using advanced world gen there and trying fresh worlds... no luck so far.

Trying to see the impacts of latest DF (2014) changes still.  Wow, trees changes means a lot more wood for a given start.  That means I will do early stockades from logs, I guess, then reclaim the logs later.  Hard to manage so many early logs!

Thanks in advance.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 22, 2016, 03:39:02 pm »

Number of dwarves/kobolds/whatever on embark

I set the UI launcher to 10, still get 7.  Been away from DF and MWDF for some time, so having to relearn some things (hey, I can still build quantum stockpiles though!) so it may be something I have forgotten.  I tried using the DFhack startdwarf command from hack but that just gives me an error.  Not a huge deal, but I prefer 10 starting as it give a little more early labor and a better mix of early skills.

Oh, same issue with starting funds.  I set it to 4k in UI, I get the default for the advanced world creation (I assume) MWDF world setting (starter/Gaia, etc.) which seems to be 10k.  That one is less of an issue since I can just ignore the excess.

The launcher relies on the dfhack scripts which, I believe (last I heard), aren't functional right now. That was a few weeks ago perhaps, not sure if they've been updated since then. (Since Meph is presently away, MDF won't see an update until he gets back, but if those scripts have been fixed they could be updated manually.)

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 22, 2016, 03:47:37 pm »

Thanks!  I'll stop trying to make that work then. :)

I need to fail more with the new systems before I start a serious settlement anyway.  So much wood...

weltall

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 25, 2016, 10:06:11 pm »

I wonder if Meph has met any Forgotten beast in the woods. He better have remembered to bring a pickaxe with him.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 166