Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 905868 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 29th September
« Reply #1350 on: September 29, 2016, 04:29:27 pm »

Yes. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1351 on: September 29, 2016, 05:05:23 pm »

Alright then, diamonds here we come.

Of course I guess you could just grow the diamonds...

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 29, 2016, 06:23:13 pm »

I've been really using the alchemist finally this game.  My only complaint remains that the Alchemist Guild doesn't buff the alchemy skill.  My Alchemist Guild alchemist is learning alchemy SLOWLY (50% penalty to experience gain.)  But he's making mithril with a platinum->tungsten and tungsten->mithril chain steadily.  It's faster than importing raw mithril since this world has no traders with wagons, not even my own dwarf civ traders, though my 7 dwarves sure had one.  And my embark has a decent amount of platinum, loads of gold and simply insane amounts of iron ores (two of them!).

And nothing to fight.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1353 on: September 29, 2016, 06:53:53 pm »

Alchemist skill rates noted, in my todo list.

Not even thieves or snatcher to fight? Explored the caverns yet?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 29, 2016, 08:54:19 pm »

I did open the caverns, but haven't hunted down there.  Am seeing some spawns, but nothing too dangerous.  I did a vanilla custom gen and my map is pretty deep.  Still haven't hit magma and am down about 80 layers.  Plenty of lignite though.

No kobolds or other thieves (and kobolds are doing fine in this world!)  One orc, but he just wanted to visit the tavern.  Got the big notice thing, but he was friendly.  My war dogs were not.   :-\

At least this fairly peaceful town has gotten me to try some things I hadn't before: alchemist, mass training using the training libraries (whole fort has hth training across the board, plus shield and armor), vanilla library (dwarves really like to read!), glass weapons for dwarves (sharp axes!).

Edit:  Oh, reading over in the vanilla forum I see the trigger for sieges is 80 pop,  I tend to arrive there slowly and am only nearing 70 in this fort, so that is probably why it's been so slow.  Though I did see those two tiny ones.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:32:07 pm by vonsch »

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 01, 2016, 07:00:36 pm »

Might want to change some book names in the scriptorium/libraries. In the mechanics and metals section, "Turrets are your friends" and "Salvaging Clockworks - Part IV" don't make sense in the new version, as there are no turrets, or automatons. Same thing in Farming with "Boozebelly goats - a guide."

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: October 01, 2016, 08:05:07 pm »

Milling cave wheat to bag (flour) in quern produces seeds but no flour.  I saw something similar with dye milling in quern, so it may be a universal quern problem.  Making pulp for paper works fine.

This is a couple versions back from current (1.13), but didn't see anything in change notes about a fix.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 02, 2016, 09:03:08 pm »

Ok, just tried the carpets.  They work fine as far as placing and aligning go, but the dye color doesn't change the color of the carpet at all.  :-X

Placed but not set to a directional pattern: (undyed)

Set to a pattern: (undyed)

When I use blue dyed cloth instead of undyed, it looks identical to the second screenshot.

Looks nice as far as the pattern goes, but does nothing to brighten up the great halls!

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: October 03, 2016, 01:43:56 am »

Thats odd.

Try to use padded/quilted cloth and see what happens?

My carpets are all red for some reason :)
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1359 on: October 03, 2016, 03:28:57 am »

You need the "red cloth" or "blue cloth", etc, from the Dyer Studio. That should work.

Nice to finally see some screenshots of them. :)

TorZar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: October 03, 2016, 05:04:23 am »

Seeing that these things are still being maintained, updated and added to... Makes a grumpy old man very happy... Thank you, truly...

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: October 03, 2016, 11:02:44 am »

You need the "red cloth" or "blue cloth", etc, from the Dyer Studio. That should work.

Nice to finally see some screenshots of them. :)

Aha!  I will try that.  Thanks.

Haven't tried the quilted stuff so far either.  Need to add that to the queue. 

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: October 03, 2016, 03:51:33 pm »

Blugh...I've tried several times to try and add the Sily/loam/sand/clay separation reactions to the kobolds but I keep doing something wrong, cause they never show up when I gen a new world.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 03, 2016, 06:17:53 pm »

I can't make earthenware articles out of sandy clay anymore. It still counts as a clay for the purpose of making colored bricks. I made several earthenware statues and some earthenware bricks, then it simply stopped working. It isn't forbidden. I now have a ton of the stuff lying around, because the collect clay job didn't cancel, while the pottery jobs did.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: October 03, 2016, 09:21:56 pm »

Okay, can anyone explain a pattern I'm seeing? I've been genning worlds for fun the past few days, cause looking through alot of the new creatures and how they become part of civilizations is a blast.

However I have started noting a pattern with kobolds. I tend to see kobold civs dying out first, but not due, (at least as much as I can tell) to population decline. Instead I noticed that many kobold civs, even with multiple sites, happen to abandon alot of their sites, the year before the world generation stops.

One I just did, had 4 sites that had been active each for just over a century. The worl stopped generating for me at year 105, and all four sites they had, were abandoned at year 104. Two of those sites had not even had any activity for the past 60-70 years. The civ had never went to war. The sites were never attacked by forgotten beasts, titans, or any other rampaging creatures. There are no deaths listed having happened in the place. It was just up and abandoned the year before World Generation ended.

I've not noticed this nearly as much with other races, as I have with Kobolds. Anyone have an explanation as to why this is happening? I know Kobolds are not supposed to be the strongest race, but they are supposed to be prolific breeders! Why am I seeing such pathetic numbers, and sites just being abandoned willy nilly?
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 166