Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 895942 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ - Content Repository
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 10:35:58 pm »

I am reachable, but I dont have the source code with me. There is the source code for V3 online though, in this thread.

I honestly disagree about the python GUI, simply because it was tried before and fizzles slowly away after 6months of work on it, on and off. I wouldnt say no to a python gui for the MAC/Linux version, that probably helps a great deal of people. :)

But the win version should rather have a executable that doesnt need python installed, and that I personally know how to mod/code. I dont know python. Heck I dont even know VB, but it worked so far :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

oggimog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 02:21:19 am »

I never expected the python gui for windows. I only thought of it because I am sick of always using wine and not being able to start the tools, and I know python ;).

I will think of it. Sadly I also don't know VB, but I will have a look into it and see if I understand what it does with the files ;)

@lethosor: Yes, that was also my guess. I will try to find out what is really replaced where.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 03:43:41 am »

The settings just doesn't seem to work on Mac. You can run DF, but not the settings. Mono doesn't install. Or maybe I'm just crap at using Wine; it's pretty opaque. I tried bottling it, it came back with 150 meg app that didn't work...
Did you install Mono? The settings program is in VB, which fails silently if it can't find an interpreter. You need to install the Windows version under wine for it to work (and even then I can't make any guarantees). Sorry about that... :(

No problem, I realise how finicky this stuff is.

Yeah, I tried installing Mono - that didn't seem to work either. It might just be me. Like I said, I have a pretty ragged track record when it come to wine-ing things: sometimes they work, others they just create a large lump of digital rock, so to speak. In this case it was the latter. I might have another go at a later date.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 03:45:21 am by MasterMorality »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 05:52:58 pm »

No problem, I realise how finicky this stuff is.

Yeah, I tried installing Mono - that didn't seem to work either. It might just be me. Like I said, I have a pretty ragged track record when it come to wine-ing things: sometimes they work, others they just create a large lump of digital rock, so to speak. In this case it was the latter. I might have another go at a later date.
I got an error myself when I tried running it (apparently I'm missing a bunch of files, which I hadn't realized. I guess that means it won't work for anyone else using my package. I should probably fix that :P).

I am reachable, but I dont have the source code with me. There is the source code for V3 online though, in this thread.

I honestly disagree about the python GUI, simply because it was tried before and fizzles slowly away after 6months of work on it, on and off. I wouldnt say no to a python gui for the MAC/Linux version, that probably helps a great deal of people. :)

But the win version should rather have a executable that doesnt need python installed, and that I personally know how to mod/code. I dont know python. Heck I dont even know VB, but it worked so far :P
I completely missed that... I'll take a look at it now. :)
I think there are a few ways to bundle python with an executable (such as py2exe), but it might produce much larger files. One of the nice things about Python is that it comes preinstalled on Macs and most Linux systems, which makes it easy to run Python programs on those platforms without much effort. (The standard UI libraries are somewhat lacking, however)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 01:57:42 am »

as afaik the localisation patcher doesn't work for linux i made a python script to adjust the executable
it takes the template.lng and the Dwarf_Fortress file and produces a Dwarf_Fortress_Lang file with the changed names
(note: replacements longer than the original get cut off)

Spoiler: the script (click to show/hide)

you need to add the md5-hash(should be: 98aa323f1b33623851405254ef5b509c) to hack/symbols.xml
(and add it to the 0.34.11 version)
also you need to mark it as executable

edit: first bugfix already :D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:47:40 am by leafar »
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 09:07:19 am »

Wrote you guys a PM, good to see this progress on Mac/Linux. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 03:22:20 pm »

leafar - How exactly do you format a lng file? Is it simply a list of replacements, or is there a specific format it needs to follow?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 04:09:37 am »

i just used the .lng file from the win df-loc-patcher (see op)

edit:

so i did a linux-specific .lng file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
it contains only the lines with replacements and i changed some strings to match the length
(can be improved?)

also these changes i left out, as they are not that important and i couldn't fit them in the shorter strings:
(the part after the third '|' is what is being cut off due to limited length)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:47:10 am by leafar »

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 03:22:06 pm »

Leafar, I tried your updated template, but now dfhack won't work anymore. It opens Dwarf Fortress up normally, but the dfhack interface doesn't appear. I used the .lng file you posted in your previous post and I added the md5-hash you posted in your post from May 22nd to the v0.34.11 linux md5-hashes. Could it be that your new .lng file needs a new hash?
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 03:53:07 pm »

yes it does, i thought that would be clear
(also dfhacks stderr.log should give you this information)

and here is a new update for the patcher
small adjustments and it prints out the md5-hash(did this before i read your post :D )

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 05:03:17 am »

Perfect, this works. You're the best.
Just one thing. You need to name the template linux.lng, otherwise it won't find it. This is a bit confusing, because the script output asks for a template.lng file.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 06:18:29 am »

my bad, wanted to make it easier to configure and forgot to fit the error-message

fixed that now:
suppose you already noticed: the variables in the first few lines can be used for configuration

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 06:46:57 pm »

My linux v3 game keeps hanging - I think I've narrowed it down to trying to build a waterwheel.  I'll keep trying to determine what exactly it is, but anyone else see this, or have thoughts?

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2013, 07:37:58 am »

@Urmane
I tried it and indeed the game crashes. It is a dfhack issue, as water wheels get build normally if I run DF without dfhack. The terminal says it is a "segmentation fault".
A world I've made earlier didn't crash when I tried to build a waterwheel. I think this might be because of the language patcher. I'll try a few worlds generated in the original DF executable and a few in the patched one to see if that is the cause.

Also, could you in the future use the following thread for Linux related issues:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126068.0

Edit: I tried several more worldgens but I couldn't recreate the problem, both with the original DF executable and with one modified with Leafar's script and template. Could you perhaps give more information if you used the patcher and what template file you used with it?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:09:27 am by jellsprout »

toradrow777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2013, 01:39:15 pm »

Is the warpstone lab up and running or is it still just a teaser item?  Also, is the Grazing option fixed? (Last time I played the option was backwards, meaning NO = YES and vice versa.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 166