Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 906079 times)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1695 on: January 11, 2017, 09:40:30 pm »

I'm getting crashes every time I try to manually save the game, autosaves seem fine but I can't take a break from a fort without losing my progress between seasons.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 12, 2017, 07:08:26 am »

I'm getting crashes every time I try to manually save the game, autosaves seem fine but I can't take a break from a fort without losing my progress between seasons.
Try using dfhack quicksave
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 12, 2017, 10:12:32 am »

Try using dfhack quicksave

I've never needed DFHack before so I'm unsure of what syntax I'm supposed to use. Like, do I just type "quicksave" on the commandline and I'm done or is there some confusing number wizardry that needs to happen on my end? Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 12, 2017, 11:40:17 am »

just type in the dfhack window:
quicksave 
<press enter key>

If the seasonal saves are working then quicksave will work.  Seasonal saves and quicksave are the same function, quicksave just tells DF that its time for a seasonal save, and if backups are on, then it will also make an appropriate backup file too. 
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 12, 2017, 11:48:52 am »

theres more then just mossrova.... to spot them use standardized food.... any animal whose by products can produce side effects, keeps its name on its meat and cheeses....  the only problem with standardized foods, is that highly valuable animals don't produce highly valuable food.

That can cause crashes if you butcher a named animal, which is why it's off by default.
I've never had an issue butchering any named animal that was killed in the field...  And I've never butchered named pets, not sure if you can, I always buried them, improves moral.

theres more then just mossrova.... to spot them use standardized food.... any animal whose by products can produce side effects, keeps its name on its meat and cheeses....  the only problem with standardized foods, is that highly valuable animals don't produce highly valuable food.

That can cause crashes if you butcher a named animal, which is why it's off by default.

Ohhh. Is this why butchering squigs is breaking my game?

I have no idea why butchering squigs is causing you crashes... I butcher them all day long... but you can't really butcher named pets as far as I've seen.

Or do you mean animal given a custom name through the menus? I've never used that function either, I rarely give custom nicknames to anything.   Its never given me an issue and I've been using standardized meat for quite awhile now.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: January 12, 2017, 04:52:32 pm »

I've never had an issue butchering any named animal that was killed in the field...  And I've never butchered named pets, not sure if you can, I always buried them, improves moral.

Not pets, historical figures. Caused a lot of issues with Warlock mode in particular because using zombies in traps would result in them killing things and getting named right before dying and carried off to the butchery with everything else. Though it's been over a year since I touched the old one and I don't recall if it was the butchering itself causing problems or if it was trying to eat it afterwards.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 13, 2017, 04:18:30 am »

It was the butchering, it had problems during the creation of bodyparts of named creatures with standardized meat enabled. It became a huge problem in 1.08 IIRC when they tried to bugfix succubi and basically broke the mod

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 15, 2017, 12:58:20 am »

How do you make ink to write with? Documentation said it's craftsdwarf but I can't find the reaction in craftsdwarf workshop.

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 15, 2017, 09:59:10 pm »

Also for some reason the Embark points options in both the "init" and World Gen" tabs do not change the default points u get. No matter how many different forts u make in the same world, the default point amount remains there.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 16, 2017, 01:13:17 pm »

Also for some reason the Embark points options in both the "init" and World Gen" tabs do not change the default points u get. No matter how many different forts u make in the same world, the default point amount remains there.
That's a known issue linked to dfhack... IIRC you can change the embark points in game manually setting the parameter in advanced worldgen

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #1705 on: January 16, 2017, 04:56:44 pm »

I don't see a download link for windows. does one even exist yet?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 16, 2017, 06:27:37 pm »

The "download the mod" image is a link to that

LCastillo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 17, 2017, 01:30:29 am »

Hey Meph, I've got a question.

Are Tungsten and Volcanic  supposed to be roughly equal in every respect?

Tungsten's Shear Fracture and Shear Yield are both better than volcanic's, in addition to having a better shear elasticity, the only thing worse is it's max edge multiplier is only is only 1.5 vs. volcanic's 2. This makes Tungsten vastly superior to Volcanic in terms blunt and almost equivalent in terms of cutting. Is this intended seeing as Volcanic is so much harder to get?

Also based on the raw notes volcanic is intended to be twice as good as steel, but your max edge modifier of x2 for volcanic and 1.5x for tungsten makes them both around four times as good as steel, outperforming even divine metals in nearly all respects.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 17, 2017, 10:06:34 am »

Am I just massively unlucky or is this release mostly unplayable? It's so hard just trying to generate a world, it can take hours. Then it's nearly impossible to actually get the embark to work. I had to turn off sprites entirely, and even then it crashed two minutes after embarking.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 17, 2017, 11:55:22 am »

That's a known issue linked to dfhack...
I haven't heard about this. Is the issue that MDF is using a script to change the points in-game and the script is failing? Any related error messages?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 166