Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 906486 times)

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1725 on: January 22, 2017, 06:32:52 am »

What happened to Meph? He's apparently been active but hasn't posted since Christmas.

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 22, 2017, 07:29:38 am »

EDIT: I think I may have fixed it
disabling save compression makes it not only save way faster, but also seems to have greatly reduced the amount of crashes.

I love you. Disabling save compression ended my crash problems :D Thank you!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 22, 2017, 07:50:45 am »

I've got several bugs, possibly/probably related to eachother. First is that the game always crashes when trying to start playing in a world I created, entirely barring me from playing the mod. The second is that when I change the font or tileset in the launcher thing, those changes don't show up in-game. What do? Playing with the latest version of the mod.

first: have you tried this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162031.0

second: launcher does not update game files, so any changes to the font or tileset will not change anything in a game world... you need to make those decisions prior to world generation.

On the second point, it doesn't change anything for new worlds either. Also, font doesn't change.

Edit: I have no idea what anything on the first one means either.

you were lost in the holidays.  Right now the 2 fixes for errors in masterwork(and really the preferred options for a lot of players) are:
1.  Use the LAA Utility, you can find it in the upper bar of the masterwork program.  It increases the memory allocated for the game.  Corrects almost any issue of random crashing.
2.  Turn off compressed saves.  You end up with larger save files, but they don't crash when loading or saving nearly as often.

if those 2 things don't fix your problem you have a much deeper issue.... As for font and tileset issue... I'm not understanding what you are attempting to do, if you are having trouble getting into worlds then you haven't even seen the tileset yet in game.  The font option above the tileset option, I never change because I use TWBT but I know that TWBT Font below there does change in game, and can be seen from the opening screen... but you still have to restart the game to see those changes.  So really I don't know whether we are discussing a misunderstanding of the game options or a catastrophic error that requires erasing your entire DF folders and starting off with a fresh downloaded file.  In other words the font/tileset issue is either operator error or corrupted files.

EDIT: I think I may have fixed it
disabling save compression makes it not only save way faster, but also seems to have greatly reduced the amount of crashes.

I love you. Disabling save compression ended my crash problems :D Thank you!

congrats!

What happened to Meph? He's apparently been active but hasn't posted since Christmas.
I am hoping that he is okay.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 22, 2017, 10:46:35 pm »

He does long-distance-biking for his day-job. Like, really long distance- biking across continents and back long. It's super impressive but sometimes he's in an area with little to no internet like Siberia or the Sahara.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 23, 2017, 04:44:23 pm »

Yeah his location is world tour, so I assume he set out on another one of his journeys.

I hope he does elves when he gets back. My hopes were raised and dashed when Teneb attempted it.

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: January 24, 2017, 04:25:35 am »

*oh God don't crash I won't even minimalize it to open Dwarf Therapist, just a few days until another seasonal save*
*day of seasonal save*
*crash*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU xD

The difference between with and without save compress is that I can more or less always get a single season. The second? Crashes. Eh.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 04:29:24 am by Mirrond »

Moridin920

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 24, 2017, 12:10:26 pm »

*oh God don't crash I won't even minimalize it to open Dwarf Therapist, just a few days until another seasonal save*
*day of seasonal save*
*crash*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU xD

The difference between with and without save compress is that I can more or less always get a single season. The second? Crashes. Eh.

Use DFHack to quicksave?

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: January 24, 2017, 03:58:05 pm »

YOU CAN QUICKSAVE WITH DFHACK?!

Good to know, God bless you.

btw. one last short question. How do you use display stands? I've prepared a nice place to store and display all my powerfull artifacts (like a stone ring or something) and I can't get it to work. How to you put something in it?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 04:42:56 pm by Mirrond »

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 24, 2017, 09:24:02 pm »

YOU CAN QUICKSAVE WITH DFHACK?!

Good to know, God bless you.

btw. one last short question. How do you use display stands? I've prepared a nice place to store and display all my powerfull artifacts (like a stone ring or something) and I can't get it to work. How to you put something in it?

By building it, Display cases always have two parts: a block for the pedestal and literally anything else to display on top of it. If you're like me and shift-accept any construction that accepts blocks then you might not have noticed the second material list includes things like mangled rat corpses and bits of string, which basically means that you've set up a museum displaying nothing but various bricks.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 25, 2017, 03:18:28 pm »

Thank you so much :D

Caponimoq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: January 31, 2017, 06:49:10 pm »

What's new in masterwork december 6th?
Urist McDM:"Roll a dwarven stupidity check"
*Urist McPlayer rolls 1
*Urist Mcplayer gets stucked in a hole
Urist McPlayer has been found death

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1737 on: February 01, 2017, 04:51:58 am »

What's new in masterwork december 6th?
Meph puts a full list of changes on each release...

Caponimoq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: February 01, 2017, 05:06:23 pm »

Meph, can you tell me the new spells included in this mods and what they do? I can't find a post about this.
Urist McDM:"Roll a dwarven stupidity check"
*Urist McPlayer rolls 1
*Urist Mcplayer gets stucked in a hole
Urist McPlayer has been found death

oliverrook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 01, 2017, 05:11:22 pm »

Ok, so, I'm having a problem with ctd. Whenever I try to create a world, I get the usual "Has stopped working" message from windows.
I have a lot of the content on, but this shouldn't matter, as I have 16 Gigs of Ram, and 2 Gigs of Video Ram to back it up, as well as a 12 Gig swap file.
I have indeed used the two fixes people have suggested to others, both the LAA fix, and the compressed save fix.
Occasionally, before it crashes, I get a little popup telling me that one of the tilesets is missing.
It crashes on "Preparing Text Objects", right after "Preparing Materials".
I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem.

EDIT: Apparently it was window's fault (Not really surprising that). When I had tried to extract the file, about three hundred or so files were left out (Mainly tilesets). Unfortunately, windows being windows, simply trying to extract the files again didn't work, and resulted in it going over those files, recognizing they weren't duplicates, and then proceeding to completely forget about them, and proceed to complain about the duplicates that were there.
To solve this, I had to redownload the mod again, and extract it from a new download of the archive, with a different name.
So yeah, windows continues to be windows.

UPDATE: I also now find that the download doesn't seem to have all the files for the default Meph's Tileset, only containing one or two images, while my working copy contains many more. Is this a bug, or is it something I'm supposed to know about?

UPDATE 2: Ok, so found it did include some files, however, it's still not working. The error message I normally get is that it can't find the tileset in raw for either giants or humans, it seems to change every time I get the error.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 09:05:16 pm by oliverrook »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 166